SOTD : Saturday 3rd March - Friday 9th March 2018.

Rockwell 6C
Polsilver Super Iridium
Stirling 2-band Synthetic
Phoenix and Beau Spitfire
Clubman Pinaud Special Reserve

Nothing to add. Great shave.
cb0d8638678108fd0cd2b702d2c56c80.jpg

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

View attachment 33829
Soap: Valobra Menthol
Brush: Yaqi 24 mm Tuxedo
Razor: Kai Captain

I have got a problem with Valobra soft soap. Lather is looking good in bowl but soon after it is applied to face with brush it is gone, tested different brushes and different styles of lathering but the result is the same: no joy :-(
Try missing out the bowl; and face lather instead.

0z9ttr5c_o.jpeg

Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Rockwell 6S
Supermax Stainless (2)
Mondial Antica Barberia Original Citrus
Thayers Rose, Nivea 2 Phase & Aqua Velva Ice Blue

Risked this blade today, much smoother but not too sharp. I will see it through one last shave tomorrow.

A nice soap this, reminds me of the Le Pere Lucien Italian Barbershop in terms of texture and scent minus the spicy elements of the LPL, scent strength is quite muted so perfect if you don't like strong scents. Made for a superb lather and shave.

I keep finding the logo is of a donkey and not a barber and customer sat in the chair :D

Gillette slim (8) then (7)/Bolzano(#3)/Simpson milk churn/Haslinger sandalwood/Myrsol agua balsamica/Myrsol emulsion
I've wanted to try these Bolzano blades for a long time & they've not dissapointed.
Three shaves in on 3-4 days growth each shave,and they're still smiling.
I'll see how far I can take them...:D
The Haslinger is without question one of the best soaps I have ever used. But this Sandalwood model has zero scent. Nothing. As for the Myrsol brothers, fantastic. Both of them. I find the emulsion works best for me if I let the first application dry slightly then reapply a few minutes later. A great shave...:D20180307_184208.jpg

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Vie-Long 14846 Badger/Horse
Cream: TOBS Sandalwood
Razor: ER 1914
Blade: Gem SS
Post: Warm then cold water rinse, Vitamin E Oil, Pashana Original AS
IMG_20180307_175338.jpg
Brilliant performance from the 1914, but it's what I've come to expect from it.
The Vie-Long brush is still improving with each shave and at the moment i've got nothing but good to say about it.
It's the first time I've used Pashana and hmmm, it's very old school, it reminds me of my childhood and I don't know why.
My father only ever wore Old Spice, so maybe an Uncle but at the moment the jury's out, maybe it's a grower.

Evening Shave.

BBA Face Wash
Tabac
Shavemac 2 Band Silvertip
Muhle r41 (on loan)
Polsilver SI (1)
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented)
Tabac Aftershave

This razor really is so efficient. Two passes for as smooth as smooth can be. The Polsilver is the best match I have tried with it do far. No surprise there. Enjoy your shaves gents.

Wednesday

Haslinger Hönig
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Face lather
Feather Artist Club SS
Feather Professional #1
Alum block
Thayer's Cucumber and Aloe Vera
BBA balm

A fresh Feather in the cap made all the difference this evening. 3 easy passes and a beautifully smooth finish. The Hönig is a spectacular soap and really suits the AC; with plenty cushion and protection. Practice certainly pays off with this razor; and I feel I'm getting there. No room for complacency, though.
BD393B52-19C7-4F96-9AA0-F90261CA03C8.jpeg

Evening Shave.

BBA Face Wash
Tabac
Shavemac 2 Band Silvertip
Muhle r41 (on loan)
Polsilver SI (1)
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented)
Tabac Aftershave

This razor really is so efficient. Two passes for as smooth as smooth can be. The Polsilver is the best match I have tried with it do far. No surprise there. Enjoy your shaves gents.
Did you get to SMV Piccadilly, Barry?

Back
Top Bottom