SOTD Saturday 2nd December 2017 - Friday 8th December 2017

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: EJ Medium BB
Soap: Blue's Soap
Razor: ATT S2 (on loan)
Blade: Gillette Platinum Plus nos

IMG_20171204_094515.jpg
It seems an age since I've used this soap, and I'd forgotten how good it is. Good performance and the post shave isn't half bad.
All that for a bargain price, some high-end manufacturers should hang their heads in shame.

Prep: Hot towel
Pre shave: Proraso
Razor: Sensor Excel
Blade: N/A
Brush: Rough,No Name Boar
Soap: Wholly Kaw: Washington's Blend
Post: Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / Wholly Kaw: King of Oud Aftershave Toner

well, that was an unexpectedly uncomfortable shave.... I guess my prep was not as thorough as it could have been, and maybe the Proraso doesn't work for me as well as my other pre shave...BBS, but a little irritated...

49PjuPBE_o.jpg

Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Schick G8 Injector
Schick Proline B-20 (2)
Vitos Red
Thayers Rose, BBA Post Shave Balm & Aqua Velva Ice Blue

A fantastic shave, I must say thee B-20's are a superb blade. Effortlessly gliding through the stubble and so smooth and comfortable. These will certainly be my go to injector blade going forward. Vitos as well was perfect, never failed to get a good lather and good shave from it. Next year I will be thinning my soaps and can see the Vitos being a regular in my rotation. Off to cut some holly for decorations.

SOTD
Pre: Bloom Water
Soap: Barrister And Mann Le Grand Chypre
Razor: Parker Variant (4/3/2)
Blade: Perma Sharp (3)
Brush: Custom Wilkinson Graydog
A/S: Myrsol Plastic
Balm: Myrsol Emulsion

The scent and performance on this Barrister And Mann soap is truly outstanding. Have a good week.

IMG_20171204_125039_093-2.jpg

View attachment 31406 ~SOTD~ 4th December Monday

Prep ~ Shower, Birch tar soap
Razor ~ Supply SE Polished #3
Blade ~ Schick Proline B20
Soap ~ PAA "Dirt" fourth and final use ( pass-around )
Brush ~ Anbbas Boar
Post ~ BBA PSB
Scent ~ Penhaligon's Sartorial

I thought I would have another injector shave today following my E2 shave yesterday so out with the Supply, it's about time I dusted this razor off as it's been a while.
The shave. It was very good indeed, paired with the B20 this makes a very smooth and effective razor and it looks fab! :)
I'm sorry to see the soap go but I'm pleased I've had the chance to try it, so off to the next lucky person. Pure Dirt!
To finnish my shave which had left me as smooth as I require, Blademonkey Smooth I applied two pumps or BBA PSB and a lavish spray of Sartorial, looking good smelling great!

Have a nice day people.........:)
I'm getting a APShaveCo 24mm Cashmere synthetic brush from my siblings as a xmas gift, so, today i treated myself to a Anbbas Boar brush as a xmas pressie from ebay., i was in two minds to order another loved Semogue, but i went for the Anbbas after reading your praised comments on them.

SOTD: 041217
SOTD 041217 2.jpg

Blade: Gem SS #1
Razor: Gem Clog Pruf
Soap. S.V. Cosmo
Brush: S.V. 2.0 Rosewood
EDT: Issey Myake L'Eau Dissey

What a superb 3 pass BBS shave I have had with the sublime "Clog Pruf." Effortless removal of two days growth.

I am addicted to the S.V soaps, their performance with regards to its slickness, cushion and post shave feel is up there with the best. YMMV.

Aided by my favourite brush I had no problems creating an abundance of silky smooth lather.
Cloud soft tips with plenty of backbone and marvellous flow through.

Finished with the lovely scent that is Calani and a generous splash of Issey Myake.

Enjoy your shaves!:)

I'm getting a APShaveCo 24mm Cashmere synthetic brush from my siblings as a xmas gift, so, today i treated myself to a Anbbas Boar brush as a xmas pressie from ebay., i was in two minds to order another loved Semogue, but i went for the Anbbas after reading your praised comments on them.
I hope you enjoy using it as much as I do, for the money it's hard to beat. The handle is nice and weighty and super grippy. :)

Mon 4th Dec.

Omega 100005 boar
Vitos Super Red Croap
Sabre V1
Gem S/S [ 3 ]
Alum rub/Rinse off
Pitralon Original A/S Lotion

My Third Shave with the Sabre V1.I rather took advantage of the forgiving nature of this Razor/Blade combo and the copious lather from the Vitos, as after initial clearance indulged in buffing work to obtain an ultra close all round finish. I think perhaps spent too long on the Shave, but suffered no after effects.

I am reconsidering my thoughts on getting one of these Razors, as honestly I like the variety of rotating Razors and it would just be another one to use from time to time. I am not ready to settle down to one Razor, as the morning Shave would perhaps become a chore.

IMG_0443.jpg

Back
Top Bottom