SOTD: Saturday 29 July - Friday 4 August 2023.

SOTN (Head & Face)

Face - Rex Konsul, HC&C Year of the Tiger (soap & splash), Gillette Wilkinson Sword blade
Head - Leaf razor, Mitchell's Wool Fat, Treet Platinum saloon blades
AP Shave Co Silksmoke fan/flat top brush
La Roche Posay B5 Balm

First time using the Konsul after a good friend loaned me theirs (one of two razors he's generously let me borrow), have to say pretty impressive stuff!

1000005862.jpg

IMG_2299.jpeg
SOTD: 01/08/2023

Razor: Rockwell 6s
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated, 2nd use
Brush: Highlander Chubby Style Boti Fan Knot Synthetic
Bowl: Yaqi Plastic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive Cream
Soap: HC&C Unscented Puck
Aftershave: Proraso Green Aftershave
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm
Scent Oil: HC&C Tattoo Flash
Fragrance: Lattafa Suqraat EdP

A delightful morning shave and day at Rhossili Bay. Even my daft dog splitting her tail and splattering me with blood so we both resembled crazied serial killers couldn’t put a dampener on things! She’s a Dalmatian and there were more red spots on her than black at one point!
IMG_2317.jpeg
Here’s the killer dog washing it off in the sea giving me a typical Dalmatian ‘smile’ it only added to the serial killer look!

View attachment 109485
SOTD: 31/07/2023

Razor: Rockwell 6s
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: Yaqi Plastic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive Cream
Soap: Proraso Green Puck
Aftershave: Proraso Green Aftershave

A simple 2 pass on plate 6 with the 6s once we finally arrived in Wales at Three Cliffs Bay. It’s a beautiful place and was a beautiful shave!
Thought I recognised that view. Many years ago stayed with friends in Pennard when kids were young.If weather good better than being abroad.

Wednesday 2nd August
GEM/ER Push Button - GEM Stainless Coated #2 - Yaqi Ever Helpful - OSP Lavender Prototype - Superdrug Forest Fresh AS - Aloe Vera Gel
5ffe048f-e5c0-4e17-9494-b6bd869da968.jpg

Wed 2nd August

Omega 111137 boar
Tabac soap
Asylum Injector
Schick Proline ( 1 )

My second use of the Proline in this Razor and found loading it quite easy compared with my first time using the Razor. First use of this soap and brush in a very long time, and they worked well together to produce a great Lather to Shave with. The Shave was hassle free and the finish quite good, though probably no better than I get with a PAL Injectomatic.

70AF4195-9E9C-4052-B6CF-8DE300EF0BC5.jpeg

Tuesday and today, same gear. Today's shave on the 2nd use of the blade was 100% perfect, error free, smooth and comfortable. Used setting 5 both days, but the shave yesterday on the brand new Wilkie was a little harsher ATG. I possibly made the lather a little thicker today as well as the blade being on 2nd use. Super happy with today's results.
Benjamin's Bay rum menthol both times also, forgot to put in pic.
20230801_083814.jpg

Back
Top Bottom