SOTD: Saturday 29 July - Friday 4 August 2023.

Monday 31st July

Soap • Ach Brito Mogno
Brush • Simpson Trafalgar T3
Razor • Feather ACSR-NB
Blade • Kai Protouch MG (1)
Post • Prorasso Green ASL

I seem to have neglected my AC shavettes recently, mostly using DE's.
This razor really is a pleasure to use. I find it smoother than it's stable mate, the ACS-NB, which is claimed to be smoother/safer?

@Digimonkey - Iain, it seems you have found a coffee scented soap that doesn't irriate your skin at last?

Monday 31st July

Soap • Ach Brito Mogno
Brush • Simpson Trafalgar T3
Razor • Feather ACSR-NB
Blade • Kai Protouch MG (1)
Post • Prorasso Green ASL

I seem to have neglected my AC shavettes recently, mostly using DE's.
This razor really is a pleasure to use. I find it smoother than it's stable mate, the ACS-NB, which is claimed to be smoother/safer?

@Digimonkey - Iain, it seems you have found a coffee scented soap that doesn't irriate your skin at last?
Fingers crossed P. - I was a bit apprehensive after the whole A&E Turkish Coffee thing - I've only ever been allergic to one soap and it was that one. The splash was even worse. Smells great but my face hurts. Turns out - over-extended metaphor warning - there's seemingly more than one way to skin an artificially scented coffee cat. No problems at all I was pleased to find. Just wait for part two tomorrow! Simpson Cafe Latte. A proper girl's coffee. :) - I.

Monday 31st July

Vitos Supercrema (Classic) Shaving Soap & DSC Professional w/Synbad Synthetic 26mm
Yaqi AC & Feather Professional (8)
Pitralon Classic Aftershave

What a hard day ... today was the funeral for my close friend who died so unexpectedly early this month. He was a tall fellow at 6'6" and we managed a gentle chuckle with an even taller mutual friend who commented on the custom job for his coffin - no good leaving his feet sticking out, eh?

Glad to have washed the day away and feel good for my evening shave, thinking of our good times ... which are so plentiful.

God, I miss him!

Being as today's shave will be themed, 'Wet wet wet' it will also come complete with a secondary theme, 'Walking on water' since it thematically happens to be one of their songs. And a crap one at that.

20230731_162802.jpg

Wet wet wet razor - Tatara Nodachi dark
Martin Pellow the blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Angel brush - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Wishing I was soapy - Savonniere Moulin
Balm is all around - Pure moisturiser
Sweet scent of mystery - Lubin Itasca

Naff all to do with Wet Wet Wet (although it may be better) but just thought I'd throw it in.
Then again 90% of what I scribble has naff all to do with anything.

Welcome to our wonderful British summer. Bring back the good old days of soggy fish and chips, woolen jumpers while wearing swimming trunks and building sand castles on beaches of mud and used condoms. Good old days? An average day out in Liverpool.

Nice to return to the Nodachi dark and an absolute blinder of a shave. Three full and hassle free passes with a super blade in the Wizamet onboard and as smooth as you could wish for. And well done to French donkeys for making smashing shaving soaps. Ooh la la for equines de Frenchais and to those wonderful Gentleman's groom room people who make shaving brushes from discarded whisky barrels. Ooh la la for bits of wood de écossais.

Itasca? Reminded me of why I brought this to Yorkshire, because it is a long way off my type of scent. BST? I think so.

A superlative shave and one which makes me happy. My psychiatrist said lots of things make me happy including wearing my wife's underwear. But that is only because all mine are used as rags. Which they were anyway

Wet wet wet to end on. No fucking chance. it's got to be Japanese and it's got to be girly. But on the matter of wet weather it just has to be those Scandal ladies singing in the rain.

IMG_2270.jpeg
SOTD: 31/07/2023

Razor: Rockwell 6s
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: Yaqi Plastic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive Cream
Soap: Proraso Green Puck
Aftershave: Proraso Green Aftershave

A simple 2 pass on plate 6 with the 6s once we finally arrived in Wales at Three Cliffs Bay. It’s a beautiful place and was a beautiful shave!

Attachments

• IMG_2282.jpeg
    IMG_2282.jpeg
    57.3 KB · Views: 6
View attachment 109485
SOTD: 31/07/2023

Razor: Rockwell 6s
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: Yaqi Plastic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive Cream
Soap: Proraso Green Puck
Aftershave: Proraso Green Aftershave

A simple 2 pass on plate 6 with the 6s once we finally arrived in Wales at Three Cliffs Bay. It’s a beautiful place and was a beautiful shave!
Are you sure that this is summer?

Tue 1st
Soap CBL Tonsorial Cigar Shop Hombre
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake
Razor Karve Brass OC-D
Blade Flying Eagle Stainless 2nd
Aftershave RazoRock Puros Splash
This soap smells wonderfully of an aromatic cigarish scent and matched nicely with the splash. The lather was creamy and very slick too...Nice shave from this razor and blade pairing. 3 easy and smooth passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230801_095539.jpg

Back
Top Bottom