SOTD: Saturday 29 July - Friday 4 August 2023.

SOTD: 1st August 2023.

3.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body+Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Brush: Omega 49.
Face & Head Lather.
Frankensoap: Arko + Palmolive Classic grated Shave sticks.(grated)
Frankenrazor: Yaqi DOC Mellon Head / Schmidt R10 Handle.- Rapira Platinum Lux. (D1)

Cold water Face & Head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Bearglove ASL Spray./ Creightons Sensitive PSB.

Greetings,

(" Chinese clone razors August")

For the next month I'll be revisiting various Chinese clone razors, Franken-soaps, shaving creams & soaps along with various Russian made DE blades that I haven't used or added to shave sets ups for some time.

Starting the month off with the Yaqi DOC mellon head ("The grand shave king self lubricating razor clone") fitted to the hefty Schmidt R10 handle makes a excellent Franken-razor pairing it up with the Rapira Platinum Lux made a very comfortably razor & blade duo.

The yaqi 'DOC Mellon head' on first appearance looks extremely aggressive, but looks are very deceiving sometimes it's a wonderfully smooth non-aggressive head, however like any razor either aggressive or non-aggressive, if not treated with respect it'll bite you.

I will continue to use the Yaqi DOC Mellon Head / Schmidt R10 Handle duo & Rapira Platinum Lux blade with my next week's SOTD set ups. to familiarise myself once again with the razor & blade duo.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Creightons Sensitive PSB.

My face & precious swede are is feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

01/08/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Vintage Culmak Junior - Pure Bristle
Soap - Vintage Cussons 1950's
Razor - Pal Injectomatic
Blade - Vintage PAL Injector
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck - Neroli, Rosemary & Jasmine
A/S - Vintage Ferd. Mülhens Vintage 4711 EDC
Wk 31 (4).jpg
Its been a while since i visited my Vintage injectors, up today was my "Schick buster" - the PAL. I have also decided to run out the last of the Cussons cream from the 1950's, i do hope i can get 4 or 5 shaves out of it.
The little Culmak whipped up about 1" of the cream in the Captain's choice Copper HW bowl which gave enough for a 3 pass shave, the scent is still there, hard to describe apart from a lightly perfumed, pleasant, clean &fresh smell, a bit like the Imperial leather soap of today, maybe a bit stronger, i find it quite nostalgic and very nice, plenty of cushioning and slip.
I completed 3 very smooth passes for a close BBS finish, i gave my face a rub with the alum block, just to check out my technique, with only some light indication on the LH jawline. Pretty pleased with that.
A very nice post shave finishing with the Vintage 4711 EDC.
I may try to take this one on the Airplane to Belfast as a travel razor without the blade-bank, hopefully it will pass through.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

SOTD 20230801.
WXLmaxx.jpg

Noxzema "Classic" pre-shave cream.
Semogue 1250.
OUMO Brush "Soul" shaving soap.
Merkur 39C razor.
Racer Super Stainless (2).
Figaro after shave eau de toilette gel lotion.

SOTD 01-August
20230801_074358.jpg
Brush: SOC Taj
Soap: A&E Tobacco Road
Razor: Shield Predator
Blade: GEM PTFE (1)

And so begins the most boring month of SOTD pics. With Austere August it's the same setup and if I can manage it the same blade as well...I'm not willing to ravage my face though so will change out if necessary. Between this month and Fat February there's going to be a very odd looking software graph at the end (yes I was sad and put stuff in a spreadsheet at the beginning of the year).

Random one with A&E, anyone noticed run on the labels when it comes into contact with water? Just noticed this one and Black seem to run at the slightest dampness. The content is decent which is the main thing.

I am also using this opportunity to break in a new SOC Taj.

Nice enough shave in sunny conditions, though it did take a bit of work to get an acceptable lather, I put it down to a new brush and the water whilst I get used to it.

Hope everyone has had a grand one.

Cheers

Marc

1/8/23

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Soap - Arko Stick
Brush - Omega 10077
Razor - Gillette Aluminium Ball End Tech
Blade - Dorco Titan (1)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Brut Original

I've not used a boar brush in months, new 10077 in the shave, it's a soft mop after a couple of shaves and seems to lose 3 bristles per shave.

Nice shave though.

IMG_20230801_121026.jpg

1690906410619-png.1695487

My first shave with the Flying Eagle blade ( supposedly made in the Shanghai Gillette plant ). Paired with my RR SLOC ( Yaqi Mellon ) it delivered a close, smooth, and comfy shave. I discovered a batch of sample soaps this weekend cleaning up so I wanted to use one I hadn't used in quite a long time so Southern Witchcrafts Desairology got the call. I like it.

IMG_2488.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Brush: Mühle Sophist STF 23mm
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: DR Harris Windsor
Aftershave: Bart’s Ben Vrackie (Unscented)
Additional Care: Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Aloe Vera Gel, Peppermint, Lavender and Tea Tree Essential Oils
Fragrance: Terre d’Hermès EDT

Razor = 1958 Gillette TV Special
Blade = London Bridge ( 1 )
Brush = Simpsons T3
Soap = Executive Shaving Bay Rum
with matching balm
Splash = Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum
IMG_1800.jpeg
A Totally perfect shave if there ever was one.
The very first cream i used when i started this journey,
I say first cream but this is my third tin.
Genuinely love this scent although the Pinaud is quite smokey and a different scent from the soap, but i guess it was always going to be.
I fell out of love with synthetic brushes over the last few months especially the T3’s as i used them to often but it was a pleasant surprise using it again.
The Razor is my all time favourite vintage,
1958 in its original box with instructions is my pride & joy,
It might only be a superspeed but for me it’s first class,
I can’t remember but i don’t think iv paired a vintage razor with a modern blade,
it’s not something i do but this shave was top drawer so can’t complain.
That’s my suitcase packed ready for my jaunt to Indonesia on friday :cry:
Never Mind at least i’m organised for a change
Enjoy the rest of the week

Last edited:
@LeeMaz if you see @Satanfriendly passing by in the bay in his tugboat don’t forget to make him a cuppa

Actually at this moment, unless they can get a tug in to Wicstun there's not much chance of anyone sharing a cuppa while I sail by.

Attention all shipping in Market Weighton, get out there's no bloody water

Back
Top Bottom