SOTD: Saturday 29 July - Friday 4 August 2023.

Thu 3
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Executive Man
Brush Spiffo Manchurian Badger
Razor RazoRock GC.84-P
Blade Flying Eagle Platinum 2nd
Beautiful lather & scent from the soap, brush, and splash combination!
This razor paired with the blade provided a satisfyingly smooth and efficient shave. 3passes for a bbs finish...
20230803_123233.jpg

SOTD: 3rd August 2023.

4.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body+Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10051.
Face Lather.
Frankensoap: Arko+Palmolive Classic grated Shave sticks.(grated) Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux. (D2)
Frankenrazor: Yaqi DOC Head / Schmidt R10 Handle.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Duru Turkish mandarin Cologne./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

A Great shave to finish my shaving week off wonderfully.

I will carry on using the Frankenrazor & Blade set up with my next weeks SOTD's.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report... Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

My face is feeling cool smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
SOTD 20230803.
dLo2Pmj.jpg

3P "La Crema Prodigio" pre-shave cream.
Semogue 1250.
Alexander Simpson "Lime Ultra-Glide" shaving cream.
SSSeygus "Extrem" SB razor.
Polsilver Super Iridium (1).
Alexander Simpson "Lime" ASB.

Thur 3rd August

Stirling Syn 26mm
Vitos Super Red
PAL Injectomatic
Schick Proline ( 1 )

After using the Asylum for some time, I decide to have a bit of a comparison Shave with a PAL Injectomatic. I suspect that I may have taken the edge off the Proline when loading it into an empty Dispenser, as though the Shave was comfortable enough, the finish was not at all good in all areas.

07A34A84-0786-4806-BCBA-24137D256E58.jpeg

20230802_102521-01.jpeg
My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Proraso preshave balm
Brush Shave factory Boar brush.
Soap Resurrection.
Razors Reggie's Titanium razor.
Blade Feather.
Aftershave Jean paul gaultier.
My shave was actually yesterday but I didn't get time to upload because I was busy spoiling the wife for her Birthday.
The razor performed excellent with taking down my 4 days growth.
Quite surprising as I thought the razor was going to be too mild for my taste but I was proved wrong.
I will be doing another shave today to see if it can be used as a daily shaver, so there will be a second post later.
Have a great day ahead.

03/08/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Vintage Vulfix service #3 Pure Bristle 1950's
Soap - Vintage Cussons 1950's
Razor - Schick B1 Repeating Razor 1927-32
Blade - Personna Injector
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Avon Siege Cannon "Spicy"
Wk 31 (6).jpg
A crackin' shave with a classic razor.
I love the engineering and idea of the repeater. I would not like to guess how much one of these would cost if designed and made today, to be fair, i would probably buy it regardless. My favourite Injector razor by far including new and vintage.
3 passes for a very easy BBS finish. Another bowlful of vintage lather mixed up with the Vulfix, i am not sure what bristle it is, it feels like a very soft boar or a Mid backboned badger.
I did enjoy that.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Last edited:
Thursday 3 August
A butterfly flaps its wings and it’s effect is felt on the weather on the other side of the world, so Ed Lorenz chaos theory would have us believe. Fascinating but the bottom line is that even with the most intricate and detailed mathematical models accurately predicting the weather more than two weeks ahead is not possible.
No butterfly chaos for me today, the ever reliable Wilko Sticky coupled with Gillette 7 o’clock blade made short work of a face full of RazoRock Acqua soap. Haryali travel brush was just about ok but doesn’t sport the softest of bristles so needs care to avoid irritating the face. It is also quite a heavy tool. I don’t use it much and avoid travelling with it in case I have to pay excess baggage :unsure:
2 passes plus pick ups gave bbs finish and happy I was.
Enjoy the day fellas!

IMG_0203.jpeg

Thursday 3 August
A butterfly flaps its wings and it’s effect is felt on the weather on the other side of the world, so Ed Lorenz chaos theory would have us believe. Fascinating but the bottom line is that even with the most intricate and detailed mathematical models accurately predicting the weather more than two weeks ahead is not possible.
No butterfly chaos for me today, the ever reliable Wilko Sticky coupled with Gillette 7 o’clock blade made short work of a face full of RazoRock Acqua soap. Haryali travel brush was just about ok but doesn’t sport the softest of bristles so needs care to avoid irritating the face. It is also quite a heavy tool. I don’t use it much and avoid travelling with it in case I have to pay excess baggage :unsure:
2 passes plus pick ups gave bbs finish and happy I was.
Enjoy the day fellas!

View attachment 109589
The butterfly effect is up there with if a tree falls in the forest and nobody sees it, did it really fall? ( obviously never studied rudimentary geology and formation of coal, etc) rank nonsense by dimwitted philosophers.

IMG_2493.jpeg

Razor: Leaf Twig Thorn
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Rudy Vey Bog Oak STF 23mm
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: Palmolive Stick
Aftershave: Bart’s Ben Vrackie (Unscented)
Additional Care: Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Aloe Vera Gel, Peppermint, Lavender and Tea Tree Essential Oils
Fragrance: James Bronnley Original EDT

3/8/23

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Soap - Arko Stick
Brush - Omega 10077
Razor - Personna BBS
Blade - Dorco Titan (3)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Benjamins Bay Rum/Menthol

I've had this razor for a few months, and I've only used it the one time. My first shave with it was nothing special, so I put the razor away and forgot about it. I used it for today's shave and had an absolutely fantastic shave. I've been getting much fantastic quality lathers in the last few days with Arko and Omega (friends for life!), I'm sure they make a difference to the quality of the shave.

IMG_20230803_174201.jpg

Back
Top Bottom