SOTD Saturday 24th September - Friday 30th

Pre: Heyland & Whittle Soap
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch
Brush: Vulfix Simpson Synthetic
Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Voskhod
A/S Balm: Aveda

Hey hey Mr Postman had my friend's Fatip Piccolo for me, so paired it with what I hoped would be a reassuring and protective soap (thanks for the positive remarks on Haslinger, guys. Wouldn't have tried it but for you).

My friend is going to ask me what I thought of the razor, so I'll blurt it out here to deserved indifference.

Smaller than your average razor, but strong and solid. Reputation for bad behaviour (even biting) with some. But those who treat it with respect can enjoy its undoubtedly superb performance.

And then I had it. The Fatip Piccolo is the DE Razor equivalent of Luis Suarez.

Zero pressure, Branislav. Remember, zero pressure.

luis-suarez-bits-chelsea-defender-ivanovic.jpg

Pre: Heyland & Whittle Soap
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch
Brush: Vulfix Simpson Synthetic
Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Voskhod
A/S Balm: Aveda

Hey hey Mr Postman had my friend's Fatip Piccolo for me, so paired it with what I hoped would be a reassuring and protective soap (thanks for the positive remarks on Haslinger, guys. Wouldn't have tried it but for you).

My friend is going to ask me what I thought of the razor, so I'll blurt it out here to deserved indifference.

Smaller than your average razor, but strong and solid. Reputation for bad behaviour (even biting) with some. But those who treat it with respect can enjoy its undoubtedly superb performance.

And then I had it. The Fatip Piccolo is the DE Razor equivalent of Luis Suarez.

Zero pressure, Branislav. Remember, zero pressure.

View attachment 21004
More blood loss?

I don't think so...I scour the web and antique shops etc for ceramic pots for shaving soap - I have around 40 now - but actual shaving soap ceramic pots are few and far between. The Boots pot in the pic is obviously an actual shaving soap pot, but my other one is just for soap...but it has Boots' address in Nottingham on the top, which is the city of my birth, so I nabbed it off eBay because of the personal connection as well as it's function;):):rolleyes:

You've reminded me of a lovely anecdote in 'I Believe in Miracles' where the players reveal that part of Brian Clough's pre-season training was to take them running up by the Boots factory, and get them to run through the clumps of stinging nettles in shorts. And they did.

Just to note, I complained about the state of my battered tubs of Blue's fat soap and they kindly sent me two more to keep me happy... They were still battered but they will bend over backwards to keep you happy and get good feedback.
I actually quite like the battered tins...and the label has a classic look to it. I have noticed that Chinese/Japanese sellers often go that extra mile to make sure the customer's happy. I won't be complaining about this particular product though (but good tip);)

You've reminded me of a lovely anecdote in 'I Believe in Miracles' where the players reveal that part of Brian Clough's pre-season training was to take them running up by the Boots factory, and get them to run through the clumps of stinging nettles in shorts. And they did.
Ah...Cloughy...the greatest manager England never had...and just look at what's happened to the FA's latest choice. The way we should choose in future is let the FA select a new manager and then make sure we give the job to someone else...ANYONE ELSE!:D:D:D

Ah...Cloughy...the greatest manager England never had...and just look at what's happened to the FA's latest choice. The way we should choose in future is let the FA select a new manager and then make sure we give the job to someone else...ANYONE ELSE!:D:D:D

Don't, I get all weepy at the thought.

And there's a whiff of Clough's brief time at Leeds Utd about Allardyce's England career.

What is it about a £3M salary for an essentially part-time job that makes one think, 'Better do some wheeler dealing on the side to make ends meet'?

Thursday AM 2016-09-29

Georgetown Pottery G20 scuttle
Rooney 1/2 Ebony Finest (24mm/57mm)
Colgate Barber shaving soap (vintage) + Hermès Terre d'Hermès shaving cream
Feather AS-D2/Triad Brass Aristocrat
Polsilver Super Iridium (3)
Azzaro aftershave
celEttl.jpg

Gillette USA pre-war Tech
RazoRock
synthetic brush
Cella shave soap
Wilkinson Sword (German) (#1)

The modern German made Wilkies are sharp, but are not top tier smooth IMO. I traded into a 10 pack and occasionally use one as a "once & done" blade. I can only repeat what I've said countless times before: the Lord Platinum & Super Chrome remind me the most of the old English Wilkies. ;)

Back
Top Bottom