SOTD Saturday 24th September - Friday 30th

TOBS Sandalwood Cream
Steve Woodhead Ceramics shave bowl
Edwin Jagger Medium Best Badger
Merkur 34C HD
Gillette Nacet #1
Alum block, Thayer's, Fine Platinum a/s

I thought I'd try the Nacet in my Merkur; as it's quite a mild chap. Very smooth. Not quite as sharp as I was expecting; but I think it might have been the combo. I'll try it in my Fat Handle Tech; as it's slightly more aggressive and pairs well with Astra SPs.

Good blades thus far, though. Nice finish and the alum indicated no drama. They seem to have that smoothness that I associate with Personna Israeli Reds; a firm favourite.

Take care, friends.

S.
20160930_111010.jpg

Friday, September 30, 2016

Rubberset 400 with Envy White
Nuavia Blu
Mongoose B-3 with TRIAD Aristocrat Ti
Feather Pro #5
Barrister and Mann Reserve Cool

IMG_4944-XL.jpg

Friday AM 2016-09-30

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Elite Razor Bloody Basin Jasper Manchurian White (28mm/57mm)
Westphal's shaving cream (vintage)
Feather AS-D2/Weber Bulldog
Polsilver Super Iridium (4)
Ralph Lauren Polo Green aftershave

I loaded the dried-out shaving cream directly from the jar. It required a lot of water and quite a bit of work, but it finally made good lather. No menthol, but a nice green fragrance.
DyR5Gvf.jpg

DSC_0450_zpss4cw4pis.jpg

DSC_0452_zpsy5cy1esj.jpg

DSC_0451_zpsmklvqspk.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine...:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
El Koure Crown Damascus Germany 1/2 Hollow 11/16th ( Freshly Honed )
Fitchard Pure Badger
Valobra Tallow Soap
Logona Mann Balm

Just Had a Spectacular Shave with My Newly Acquired NOS El Koure 11/16th Today...It Arrive Today from the USA thanks to @Karl G ..I Honed her Up & She Took One Killer Edge..Its Got a Beautiful Art Décor Heavy Spine & Decorated Scales..The Pics Don't Do this SR any Justice as its in Beautiful Condition all the Gold Spray is Intact..o_O

This is One Top Notch Shaver..Very Smooth & Comfortable & Samurai Sharp..I Reckon this was Made around the 1920s..Dont Know for Sure..;)

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy

Last edited:
DSC_0450_zpss4cw4pis.jpg

DSC_0452_zpsy5cy1esj.jpg

DSC_0451_zpsmklvqspk.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine...:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
El Koure Crown Damascus Germany 1/2 Hollow 11/16th ( Freshly Honed )
Fitchard Pure Badger
Valobra Tallow Soap
Logona Mann Balm

Just Had a Spectacular Shave with My Newly Acquired NOS El Koure 11/16th Today...It Arrive Today from the USA thanks to @Karl G ..I Honed her Up & She Took One Killer Edge..Its Got a Beautiful Art Décor Heavy Spine & Decorated Scales..The Pics Don't Do this SR any Justice as its in Beautiful Condition all the Gold Spray is Intact..o_O

This is One Top Notch Shaver..Very Smooth & Comfortable & Samurai Sharp..I Reckon this was Made around the 1920s..Dont Know for Sure..;)

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy
That's a nice razor Billy, I do like the scales on it.

Back
Top Bottom