Friday 30th September 2016
Prep: Shower
Razor: PAL Injectomatic (USA Model)
Blade: Gillette Platinum Plus NOS
Brush: Tuxedo Knotted Synthetic
Soap: Palmolive Stick
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDP: Serge Lutens

My first use of this new brush which is the Tuxedo knot from Etsy USA see here:-http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/com...ds/a-couple-of-new-brushes.40109/#post-588173

I shaved with this brush and my RazoRock 24 mm synthetic together by using one on either side of my face, the RazoRock is my favourite synthetic brush and very probably my favourite brush of all so it formed the standard against which to test the new Tuxedo knot. The Tuxedo knot instantly felt softer on the face than the RazoRock, it also felt a little stiffer ie slightly more pressure was required to splay the knot. With both knots splayed the Tuxedo does still feel softer meaning that the shafts of the fibre are also softer than the RazoRock brush (the tips are substantially softer)

The brush has no problem building a really big quality lather on the face, I invariably face lather so deliberately choose the Palmolive stick, whilst it has the dullest scent known to man (even duller than unscented soap :rolleyes:) it is IMHO an excellent performer and a known quantity. The Tuxedo in respect of lather building was no better or worse than the RazoRock ie superb.

To sum up my views I prefer the face feel of the Tuxedo but slightly prefer the way the RazoRock knot performs therefore one cancels the other and both knots are superb, if you must have the softest knot possible then the Tuxedo might well be for you, if on the other hand you do not wish to send to the US for a knot only and suffer the seven quid postage and fitting it in a handle the RazoRock 24mm will do the job just as well, especially if the ultimate softness is not part of your requirements.

Regards
Dick.

30.9.16.JPG

Fri 30th Sept
Omega s10065 Syn.
OSP bay rum
PAL Injecto Matic
Schick S/S [ 8- Japan]
Alum Rub/Rinse
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

Two days away in Hotel Rooms, makes one appreciate one`s own home shaving environment.
My Downstairs Cloakroom where I Shave, has lots of natural light and though it has a full size
basin because it is recessed I can get close up to the mirror. As a consequence sometimes when away shaving results are not always as good as they could be.

Today was great, blade on 8 but still performing well and I got a really nice close shave, and indulged in use of an after shave which due to sub par shaves I had not bothered with whilst away.

IMG_0890.jpg

image.jpg SOTD Friday 30th September 2016. Good morning one and all.

Prep..Shower, MWF bath soap
Pre..Bloom water
Soap..P&B Spitfire
Brush..Cadman bell
Razor..ATT M2
Blade..Gillette Nacet #2
Post..Thayers lavender AF
EDP..Oud 24 hours

First of all, a big thank you going out to Rob Aka @Blackmass for the wonderful gift of my razor stand, thank you friend.

A mild but very effective shave was had using my M2 with a Nacet, the great smell of juniper and green tabaco coming from the lathered Spitfire, a real relaxing shave, left feeling good.

End of the month, wishing you all an optimistic October. Over and out.

View attachment 21014 SOTD Friday 30th September 2016. Good morning one and all.

Pre..Bloom water
Soap..P&B Spitfire
Brush..Cadman bell
Razor..ATT M2
Blade..Gillette Nacet #2
EDP..Oud 24 hours

First of all, a big thank you going out to Rob Aka @Blackmass for the wonderful gift of my razor stand, thank you friend.

A mild but very effective shave was had using my M2 with a Nacet, the great smell of juniper and green tabaco coming from the lathered Spitfire, a real relaxing shave, left feeling good.

.Oud 24 hours EDP is becoming one of my favourite's..;) regards.

View attachment 21014 SOTD Friday 30th September 2016. Good morning one and all.

Pre..Bloom water
Soap..P&B Spitfire
Brush..Cadman bell
Razor..ATT M2
Blade..Gillette Nacet #2
EDP..Oud 24 hours

Congrats on your razor stand Paul! Nice one @Blackmass ;)

Pot of the day...

My second Boots pot. This one originally held oil of rosemary soap but is almost identical to my Boots shaving soap pot. I use it now for my Proraso blue shaving cream.

Pre: Glyce wash / Proraso Red pre-shave cream (Great but I prefer the green)
Shave: EJ89/Braveheart + Nacet (2) / The Duke / Proraso Blue cream (again great cream, but I prefer the green)
Post: Coal Tar wash / cold rinse + alum / Proraso Green AS / Proraso Blue balm (well blue/grey sort of, and yes, I prefer the green!)

Nice relaxing shave:)
Have a good day all!

shave.jpg

Back
Top Bottom