SOTD Saturday 24th September - Friday 30th

Fourth shave with the Timeless last night. Best one of the lot, using my new Windrose H3 handle, scalloped top cap, 0.95mm open comb baseplate.

The handle is lovely, I'm glad I bagged one of the last ones. Well made, comfortable to use, looks great.

Fancied the 1912 Cashmere and it created a nice lather, using the Duke 3 I'm still not getting the lather I'm used to, but it's better than my first round! Lovely scent as always.

The shave was after 3 days of growth so the Timeless needed to do well to cope with that in my usual two passes. It did do well and I ended up smooth. A couple of tiny nicks on my neck but in a spot where I've been getting a bit of irritation so no problems there.

A good shave last night.

- Timeless 0.95mm OC, scalloped head, H3 Windrose handle
- Simpsons Duke 3
- 1912 Cashmere
- Thayers WH Aloe
- Speick AS
- Speick AB

img_20160928_223252-01-01-jpeg.2384

I've not posted up a SOTD for a while so here's the offering for today's shave in the shower:
Phoenix & Beau Obsidian bloomed a little in the shower and the bloom water used for pre-shave
Markus Herber 400 brush soaked for a while
Above The Tie R1 Kronos
Polsilver blade on it's 3rd outing
3 pass shave WTG, ATG & XTG
Witch hazel, Encre Noire & Astral Light for post shave

A really great shave (dolphin smooth as they say), apart from getting some shaving soap in one eye which now looks like Snoop Dog's after a heavy smoking session :oops:

image.jpgSOTD Thursday 28th September 2016 hello one and all.

Prep..Shower
Pre..Bloom water
Soap..OSP Spice road
Brush..Kent BK12 Mr Big
Razor..Feather AC SS kamisori
Blade.Feather proguard
Post..Thayers Lavender AF
EDP..Obsession Calvin Kline

Lovely shave with the SS and Mr Big lathered the spice road a treat, my face was as smooth as I like it and I was ready for the day.

Wishing you a tremendous Thursday , over and out.

Last edited:
View attachment 20999SOTD Thursday 28th September 2016 hello one and all.

Prep..Shower
Pre..Bloom water
Soap..OSP Spice road
Brush..Kent BK12 Mr Big
Razor..Feather AC SS kamisori
Blade.Feather progauard
Post..Thayers Lavender AF
EDP..Obsession Calvin Kline

Lovely shave with the SS and Mr Big lathered the spice road a treat, as smooth as I like it and ready for the day.

Wishing you a tremendous Thursday , over and out.
Mr Big from Kent is blooming away very nicely...

20160929_112619.jpg
Salutations TSR

Post-storm shave today:
(edit: still stormy )

Bulldog Face Wash and Proraso Green pre-shave
Wickham's 1912 Cashmere
RazoRock Plissoft 22mm synth
Gillette Superspeed 1951
Gillette 7 o' Clock Yellow #1
Face lather
Alum block, Thayer's Rose Petal, Proraso Green a/s
Guerlain Eau de Guerlain 1974

Debut for the 7 o' Clocks. Quite sharp and smooth in the Superspeed. I'm not sure where they (subjectively) rank in terms of sharpness; so a mild razor was the weapon of choice. Good result; very small bit of irritation on neck (operator error).

The Casmere 1912 is a beaut. Its fragrance seems to layer really well with the bergamot and mint chypre of the Guerlain.

All the best to you and yours.

S.

Pot of the day...

Several tins of Blue's Goat's Milk & Animal Fats soap arrived...the tin's were most battered and beaten, which actually adds a little to their traditional look. However, as I often do, I relocated the soap into a ceramic pot: A 'Boots' soap dish.

The Blue's soap turned out to be a little bit of a revelation for me...really good lather, cushion and glide. It was what I'd hoped for based on comments from others in TSR...thanks for the heads up!;):)

Prep: Glyce wash / Proraso White pre-shave cream
Shave: Blue's soap / Unbranded synth / EJ89/Braveheart + Nacet (1)
Post: Coal tar wash / Cold rinse + Alum / Proraso Green AS / Bulldog balm

Good shaving all!:)
shave.jpg

Pot of the day...

Several tins of Blue's Goat's Milk & Animal Fats soap arrived...the tin's were most battered and beaten, which actually adds a little to their traditional look. However, as I often do, I relocated the soap into a ceramic pot: A 'Boots' soap dish.

The Blue's soap turned out to be a little bit of a revelation for me...really good lather, cushion and glide. It was what I'd hoped for based on comments from others in TSR...thanks for the heads up!;):)

View attachment 21001
Glad to hear Blue's Goat's Milk soap is to your liking..it' doesn't get top marks on the scent count, but it's working properties & ingredients,..apart from the odd crushed goat's fleece and a few crispy dead flies thrown in for good measure, it provides a excellent cushioned protection, great post shaving feeling shave..your right about the tins though,.. my arrived battered and beaten.but it's doesn't matter it's the product that counts..;)..love the Boot's soap dish.Regards.:)

Last edited:
Pot of the day...

View attachment 21001
That looks a lovely dish. I wonder if Boots still make them...

Back
Top Bottom