SOTD Saturday 19th November to Friday 25th November 2016

image.jpg SOTD Wednesday 23rd November 2016

Razor...Gibbs number 17 (1954) adjustable set on N/3
Blade...Lodz Polsilver #1
Soap...P&B Baskerville
Brush ..Omega pure bristle
Post...Thayers Lavender AF
EDT...Tabac

My first use with the Gibbs , wow, what a razor. Paired with the Polsilver blade and on the setting of N. 3 it was very efficient and smooth, leaving me with a BBS finnish with zero irritation, very impressed with this old razor.
I will get back on to the Merkur pass-around razor tomorrow and have a shave off with my ATT S2 :)

Wishing you all well. Au Revoir.

Last edited:
Asylum RX & Feather ProGuard (#1),
Simpsons Chubby 2 Synthetic LE faux jade,
Wickham Soap Co. "1912 Cashmere" (ShaveDash sample),
Myrsol F./Extra,
The Art of Shaving, "Lavender & Roman Chamomile essential oil balm",
Phoenix & Beau "Citrus Royal 2" solid perfume, prototype testing sample.

HRE961P.jpg

First pass was with the Hawk (and Feather Artist Pro [#6]). It is indeed a razor with medium/average to high aggressiveness.
Overall the Hawk looks like a toy when compared directly against the Asylum.

Prep: Musco Real Preshave Oil
Bowl: Fine
Brush: Rubberset 400-3 with Nathan Clark Envy White
Soap: Musco Real
Razor: Razorock Wunderbar Slant on Stork RWD TI Handle
Blade: Rapira Super Stainless
AS: Musco Real
6AC37FDD-E65D-415A-A620-9378D2D00E80_zpse846iikd.jpg

Best Regards
Marco
View attachment 22147
Salutations TSR

Wednesday

Soap - The Fat
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft 24mm synth
Face lather
Razor - 1951 Gillette Superspeed
Blade - Astra SP #2
Post - Thayer's, Fine Platinum a/s
Smell - Encre Noire EdT

Happy as a pig in wotsit; alternating between SE and DE; badger/boar/synthetic; soap and cream. Bliss. The agony of choice, and all that.

The Fat, as always, is up there with the best (imho, of course). Lovely post-shave feel; especially when you need it in colder weather.
View attachment 22147
Salutations TSR

Wednesday

Soap - The Fat
Face lather
Blade - Astra SP #2
Smell - Encre Noire EdT

Happy as a pig in wotsit; alternating between SE and DE; badger/boar/synthetic; soap and cream. Bliss. The agony of choice, and all that.

The Fat, as always, is up there with the best (imho, of course). Lovely post-shave feel; especially when you need it in colder weather.
View attachment 22147
Salutations TSR

Wednesday

Soap - The Fat
Face lather
Blade - Astra SP #2
Smell - Encre Noire EdT

Looks like a great combo....

Wed 23rd Nov

RazoRock Plissoft 22mm
De Verguld Hand
ES Claymore S/S Single Edge
Feather Pro Guard [ 11 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Massimo Dutti A/S Lotion

After a few days on Vintage Razors, decided to revisit the Claymore. Rather like yesterday with the PAL adjustable, I should have changed the Blade. The Shave was not smooth in some areas, and the overall finish was not as good as I previously experienced with the Claymore. However, I learnt
a bit about the longevity of the blade for me in this particular Razor.

IMG_1021.jpg

November 23, 2016
Wolfman WR-01 Ti OC with Hempel Ti
Feather
“Los Tres Amigos Dos” CH 2 Synthetic LE​
Route 66 Rum Runner
Witch Hazel​

A great shave this morning. The CH2 Synthetic whipped the Rum Runner into a rich slick lather. The scent of the soap reminds me of a rum cocktail. I just went with normal 3 pass routine, WTG, XTG and ATG, paying attention to my trouble spots as I went. I was so close to a BBS and having the time, I decided to run the baby down. A few touch ups later, particularly on my neck and I ended with a BBS. Overall a very smooth and irritation free shave. I hope everyone has a great Thursday.

Tuesday 22nd
Zenith 506A TS Synthetic
Blue's Goats Milk Tallow Soap
w/Olbas Oil
Rocnel MD SE-P-2016-TR
AKA - Rocnel ½DE
½ Astra SP #2
Alum > Rinse > Alcolado Glacial Splash
RSC Post Shave Balm
IMG_20161120_163022.jpg

The Blue's soap is virtually unscented so ideal for scent spiking. Olbas Oil is quite high in Eucalyptus and Mint essential oils. About 4 drops in the lather bowl worked fine. It has a cooling effect and sure clears the sinuses.
My Rocnel technique improves with each shave. Rapidly becoming a favourite in my razor rotation.

Shave well!!!
I nicked your idea to put the Blue's shaving soap label on another container...thanks!;)

Another pot, I'm afraid...but I did say in a previous post that I would do a pic of the pot I decided to use for my Baskerville soap...et voila:

Pre: Hot shower and Proraso white pre-shave
Shave: P&B Baskerville, The Duke, EJ89/Braveheart + Nacet
Post: Wright's coal tar soap, cold rinse, Boots Witch Hazel, M&S Woodspice Burgundy AS and Balm

My earliest memory of the Hound of the Baskervilles is the scene in the (I think) 1959 Hammer horror version, with Peter Cushing as Holmes, where Sir Hugo and his mates ride with hounds after the girl who has escaped across the moors...They wore red riding jackets...

shave.jpg

Another pot, I'm afraid...but I did say in a previous post that I would do a pic of the pot I decided to use for my Baskerville soap...et voila:

Pre: Hot shower and Proraso white pre-shave
Shave: P&B Baskerville, The Duke, EJ89/Braveheart + Nacet
Post: Wright's coal tar soap, cold rinse, Boots Witch Hazel, M&S Woodspice Burgundy AS and Balm

My earliest memory of the Hound of the Baskervilles is the scene in the (I think) 1959 Hammer horror version, with Peter Cushing as Holmes, where Sir Hugo and his mates ride with hounds after the girl who has escaped across the moors...They wore red riding jackets...

View attachment 22171
A well staged picture GB, great pot.

Back
Top Bottom