SOTD Saturday 19th November to Friday 25th November 2016

G
Sunday Night...

e4390533c95c0b2ae37f8fe952760308.jpeg

-Colonial General w/Alumigoose Handle
-Deruitem Shaving 22mm Finest
-Hibco Shaving Tobacco Shave Soap
-Stirling Gentleman Splash

Here's to wishing everyone a good next week.

9f49c90d18411767d97b3af0042636ea.jpg
great shot with your SE razors in the back ground, have a drink for me! :)

image.jpg SOTD Monday 21st November 2016

Pass around Merkur 37c

Razor..Merkur 37c
Blade..Lodz Polsilver #2
Soap..MWF
Brush..Semogue 1305
Post..Thayers Lavender AF witch hazel
EDT..Acqua Classica by Borsari

A good shave was had, the blade was sharp and very smooth and the MWF gave me plenty of slick protective lather but again I couldn't really detect that I was using a slant, there was nothing extra there that I wouldn't have got off any DE razor using the same blade. The brush performed fantasticly with the MWF and soon whipped up a great lather. Next time I may shave one side with this slant and the other with my ATT S2 and see if there is a marked difference .

Wishing you well, Auf Wiedersehen. :)

Mon 21st Nov

Omega 11137
P & B Spitfire
Schick E2
Schick super S/S [ 2- Dutch ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

Early days yet with an E2, which is often described as an aggressive razor. Personally I would describe the shave as Harsh but effective , as the finished shave was very close. Will persevere with it, and see if I get a more comfortable shave with a different blade.

IMG_1015.jpg

Mon 21st Nov

Omega 11137
P & B Spitfire
Schick E2
Schick super S/S [ 2- Dutch ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

Early days yet with an E2, which is often described as an aggressive razor. Personally I would describe the shave as Harsh but effective , as the finished shave was very close. Will persevere with it, and see if I get a more comfortable shave with a different blade.

View attachment 22102
Yes, I think you hit the nail on the head, Harsh but effective, I certainly had to use the lightest of touches, but what a beaut of a razor!

November 21, 2016
Wolfman WR-01 Ti OC with Hempel Ti
Feather
“Los Tres Amigos Dos” CH 2 Synthetic LE
Route 66 Rum Runner
Witch Hazel

A great shave this morning was a perfect way to start the week. Route 66 soaps are easy to lather and with the CH2 the lather just exploded. I really enjoy the residual slickness of Route 66 soaps as well. After 3 passes and minimal touch ups, I ended with a near BBS. On a Monday morning I just did not feel up to chasing the baby. I hope everyone has a great Monday.

November 21, 2016
Feather
Route 66 Rum Runner
Witch Hazel

A great shave this morning was a perfect way to start the week. Route 66 soaps are easy to lather and with the CH2 the lather just exploded. I really enjoy the residual slickness of Route 66 soaps as well. After 3 passes and minimal touch ups, I ended with a near BBS. On a Monday morning I just did not feel up to chasing the baby. I hope everyone has a great Monday.
Excellent picture Clint.

November 21, 2016
Feather
Route 66 Rum Runner
Witch Hazel

That's very funny Clint, I've never heard the expression " chasing the baby" nice kit too. :)

This morning's shave: tried out Fine Green Vetiver AS...

Pre: Glyce soap wash + Proraso Green pre-shave
Shave: Bloom's Le Baigneur À Barbe N01 shaving soap (Aloe vera, Hemp and Vetiver), Cadman custom brush, EJ89/Braveheart hybrid + Nacet
Post: Wright's coal tar soap wash, cold rinse, witch hazel splash, Fine 'Green Vetiver' AS, GFT West Indian Limes Skin Food

Really nice, comfortable shave and the Green Vetiver splash has a really nice 'grassy' sort of scent to it...very 'green' indeed!

Enjoy your week all;):)
shave.jpg

This morning's shave: tried out Fine Green Vetiver AS...

Pre: Glyce soap wash + Proraso Green pre-shave
Shave: Bloom's Le Baigneur À Barbe N01 shaving soap (Aloe vera, Hemp and Vetiver), Cadman custom brush, EJ89/Braveheart hybrid + Nacet
Post: Wright's coal tar soap wash, cold rinse, witch hazel splash, Fine 'Green Vetiver' AS, GFT West Indian Limes Skin Food

Really nice, comfortable shave and the Green Vetiver splash has a really nice 'grassy' sort of scent to it...very 'green' indeed!

Enjoy your week all;):)
View attachment 22107
Nice setup!

Back
Top Bottom