SOTD Saturday 19th November to Friday 25th November 2016

Pre: Sainsburys Tea Tree Glycerine Soap
Soap: La Saponeria Artigiana Coconut
Razor: Schick Adjustable
Blade: NOS Dutch Schick

34f6635e768edb176de6107690b33675.jpg

I'm enjoying using the passaround Schick Adjustable. After it's fourth use on Saturday the Personna blade felt a little tuggy, so I switched over to one of the NOS Dutch Schick blades which were kindly supplied in the box. After watching an online tutorial, my first loading of an injector blade was a synch. As for the blade itself, it was absolutely sublime. Two days of growth removed quickly and efficiently giving a faultless two pass DFS. Now I see what all the fuss is about!

This morning's shave: tried out Fine Green Vetiver AS...

Pre: Glyce soap wash + Proraso Green pre-shave
Shave: Bloom's Le Baigneur À Barbe N01 shaving soap (Aloe vera, Hemp and Vetiver), Cadman custom brush, EJ89/Braveheart hybrid + Nacet
Post: Wright's coal tar soap wash, cold rinse, witch hazel splash, Fine 'Green Vetiver' AS, GFT West Indian Limes Skin Food

Really nice, comfortable shave and the Green Vetiver splash has a really nice 'grassy' sort of scent to it...very 'green' indeed!

Enjoy your week all;):)
View attachment 22107
Another wonderful shave set up.;)

DSC_0441_zpsgzevecrf.jpg

DSC_0440_zpsk3k9bhfx.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine...:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
French Special Monneret 1/2 Hollow 6/8th
Mason Pearson Pure Badger
Wickham 1912 Vegetal Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

A Very Close Shave Today with My French Special Monneret 6/8th..A Real Beautiful SR this One..There is Something Quite Unique about the Feel of Vintage French Steel..A Very Keen & Sharp Edge Whilst being Very Smooth & Forgiving..o_O

Ooh..La La..:eek:

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy

Monday AM 2016-11-21

Georgetown Pottery G12 scuttle
Rooney 3/2 Faux Horn Finest (24mm/54mm)
Brooks Brothers shaving soap (tallow)
Delta Echo Feather AS-D2/Triad Brass Helix Round Bar
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (2)
Pierre Cardin aftershave (vintage) + Jovan Musk aftershave

The old BB soap is wonderful, the equal of vintage Penhaligon's or Floris, and at less than $32 for 6.8 ounces (which I cut into two pucks), it's a bargain. I highly recommend watching for it on eBay. The Round Bar handle, while not having the beautiful appearance of some of Toby's work, feels great in my hand. And the combination of aftershaves works well, with the musk of the Jovan, applied first as a base, offset nicely by the sweet finish of the Cardin.
oIqhrp4.jpg

Monday AM 2016-11-21

Georgetown Pottery G12 scuttle
Rooney 3/2 Faux Horn Finest (24mm/54mm)
Brooks Brothers shaving soap (tallow)
Delta Echo Feather AS-D2/Triad Brass Helix Round Bar
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (2)
Pierre Cardin aftershave (vintage) + Jovan Musk aftershave

The old BB soap is wonderful, the equal of vintage Penhaligon's or Floris, and at less than $32 for 6.8 ounces (which I cut into two pucks), it's a bargain. I highly recommend watching for it on eBay. The Round Bar handle, while not having the beautiful appearance of some of Toby's work, feels great in my hand. And the combination of aftershaves works well, with the musk of the Jovan, applied first as a base, offset nicely by the sweet finish of the Cardin.
oIqhrp4.jpg
Great setup and picture.

Back
Top Bottom