PAA Al Fin AS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

November 20, 2016
Wolfman WR-01 Ti OC with Hempel Ti
Feather
“Los Tres Amigos Dos” CH 2 Synthetic LE
Reef Point Dragon's Blood
Witch Hazel

After 21 shaves with the vintage Personna 74 it was nice to load a fresh Feather into the Wolfman. I did notice that while the Feather was sharper it was also more harsh. When using Feathers all the time I do not notice the harshness. The CH2 synthetic whipped up the RP Dragon's Blood into a rich slick lather. I truly enjoy the way this scent fills the room and lingers long after the shave. After 3 passes and some touch ups I managed to catch the baby. I really can't ask for better. I hope everyone has a great Sunday.
Great setup and photo amigo.

Razor: Gillette President Y 1
Blade: Feather Platinum (1)
Brush: Omega Barber Pole w/Silvertip
Soap: Route 66 Twisted Tweed
Aftershave: Floid Vigoroso

Did a little experiment with this brush tonight to see if the difficult with was the floppiness, or the actual knot itself. A few "O" rings 3 to be exact did remove some of the floppiness, however, the knot did not perform to my liking. Not against the brush, it just doesn't provide me what I want in a shave brush. I will pull the knot and silicone in a couple of knots until I find one I like.
The Gillette President (I left the case and blade pack inside for obvious reasons) I find to be a very mild razor, however, with a little effort and a good blade I was able to have a DFS. The shave soap is great and I really enjoy Floid Vigoroso aftershave. Been snowing and blowing here all day, and it is supposed to carry on all through the night. We'll dig out in the morning.
20 11 16d.jpg

View attachment 22071 SOTD Sunday 20th November 2016

Razor...Supply Provisions Single Edge dot 3 plate
Blade..Schick #4
Soap..P&B Citra Royale
Brush...Shavemac "The Green One"
Post...Thayers Lavender AF witch hazel
EDP Oud 24 Hours

Fantastic Sunday shave, everything working in perfect harmony to give me the perfect shave.

Wishing you well :)
Beauty brush Paul. Is that a Manchurian knot?

Great setup and photo amigo.

Thank you Doug.

Did a little experiment with this brush tonight to see if the difficult with was the floppiness, or the actual knot itself. A few "O" rings 3 to be exact did remove some of the floppiness, however, the knot did not perform to my liking. Not against the brush, it just doesn't provide me what I want in a shave brush. I will pull the knot and silicone in a couple of knots until I find one I like.
The Gillette President (I left the case and blade pack inside for obvious reasons) I find to be a very mild razor, however, with a little effort and a good blade I was able to have a DFS. The shave soap is great and I really enjoy Floid Vigoroso aftershave. Been snowing and blowing here all day, and it is supposed to carry on all through the night. We'll dig out in the morning.
View attachment 22078

Brrr. Winter is just about there for you. Good luck digging out in the morning.

View attachment 22078
Great picture, it's a shame the o rings didn't work for your brush but all is not lost. Keep warm. :)

Back
Top Bottom