SOTD Saturday 19th November to Friday 25th November 2016

Sunday 20 November 2016

SOTD-20112016.jpg

Mastro Livi Damasteel Ladder, 6/8 Full Hollow, French Point

I ordered my Mastro Livi Club Shave Brush 2016 Edition and, while I am waiting for this exclusive and beautiful brush to be made by Mastro Livi - as well as for all the other members of Google+ Mastro Livi Club - for today's shave I used the very first Mastro Livi shave brush I ordered to him. As for the razor, I opted for a beautiful Damasteel Ladder pattern blade which delivered, as usual, a comfortable and close shave, although somewhat aggressive, something common to all Damasteel blades, as far as I can tell. Satisfactory shave for a smooth BBS, while dreaming of using my Mastro Livi Club Shave Brush 2016 Edition. I can't wait and, of course, I am counting each minute to the day Mastro Livi will give me this exclusive and beautiful shave brush.​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Weleda Shaving Cream
  • Brush: Mastro Livi Silvertip Badger, Makassar Handle, 26mm knot
  • Bowl: Gerby Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Damasteel Ladder, 6/8 Full Hollow, French Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: Felce Azzurra
Bella rasoio.

View attachment 22071 SOTD Sunday 20th November 2016

Razor...Supply Provisions Single Edge dot 3 plate
Blade..Schick #4
Soap..P&B Citra Royale
Brush...Shavemac "The Green One"
Post...Thayers Lavender AF witch hazel
EDP Oud 24 Hours

Fantastic Sunday shave, everything working in perfect harmony to give me the perfect shave.

Wishing you well :)

Love the brush Paul. :)

View attachment 22071 SOTD Sunday 20th November 2016

Razor...Supply Provisions Single Edge dot 3 plate
Blade..Schick #4
Soap..P&B Citra Royale
Brush...Shavemac "The Green One"
Post...Thayers Lavender AF witch hazel
EDP Oud 24 Hours

Fantastic Sunday shave, everything working in perfect harmony to give me the perfect shave.

Wishing you well :)

Aside from taunting me with that razor, I just love that brush. What an awesome soap to picture with The Green One. Great pic!

It's also absolutely fine to use a cartridge razor such as a twin blade or Mach3...(Guess what I used last night?);):oops:
#pssst. I'll let you in on a secret of mine...I still use my Gillette Guards now and then, they are excellent for a single edge Cartridge..imho one of the best out there.;):eek:

Last edited:
November 20, 2016
Wolfman WR-01 Ti OC with Hempel Ti
Feather
“Los Tres Amigos Dos” CH 2 Synthetic LE
Reef Point Dragon's Blood
Witch Hazel

After 21 shaves with the vintage Personna 74 it was nice to load a fresh Feather into the Wolfman. I did notice that while the Feather was sharper it was also more harsh. When using Feathers all the time I do not notice the harshness. The CH2 synthetic whipped up the RP Dragon's Blood into a rich slick lather. I truly enjoy the way this scent fills the room and lingers long after the shave. After 3 passes and some touch ups I managed to catch the baby. I really can't ask for better. I hope everyone has a great Sunday.

Last minute overnight stay away from home last night, so I tried out a little travel shaving kit I put together recently. I was aiming for being able to have a quick shave in a compact size without skimping on some of my favourites...Proraso green features heavily:)
Pre: shower + Proraso Green pre-shave cream
Shave: Proraso green soap, Edwin Jagger Super Badger travel brush, Mini Gillette Sensor razor
Post: Proraso Green As splash, followed by Proraso Green balm

Here's a pic of the kit I took back home a little earlier:
View attachment 22077
Enjoy the rest of the day everyone!
Love the bottles..Superb.;)

Sunday AM 2016-11-20

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney 2/1 Finest (20mm/52mm)
Acqua di Parma Colonia soft shaving soap + AdP Colonia shaving cream
Delta Echo Feather AS-D2/Triad Satin Aristocrat
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (1)
Acqua di Genova 1853 aftershave

Another great BBS shave. I love these original Colonia products. And while they are from Emilia-Romagna, a little bit inland, they match very well with the coastal Ligurian Acqua di Genova 1853.
i3nJND0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom