SOTD Saturday 16th December 2017 - Friday 22th December 2017

Sunday;

24247574807_6be33b910b_o.jpg

Gunmetal 6C - #5
Gillette Rubie - #1
YaQi Space Silvertip
Stirling Frankincense & Myrrh

Lovely scented soap, plenty strong and very much akin to P&B Sanskrit in my opinion. A bit 'rounder' and softened well by the vanilla but the cardamom makes a certain and definite appearance. Slickness to boot plus two passes has given me a fantastic shave. This blade is sharp! Effortless stuff with plenty of buffing! Top notch.

Roll up, one and all! :D

20171217_113832-jpg.22165

Prep: Hot shower, L'Oreal Charcoal face wash and Saponificio Varesino Stella Alpina bath soap
Pre: G.F Trumpers Coral Skin Food
Razor: ATT S2/Atlas
Razor blade: Polsilver
Brush: shavemac 2 Band Silvertip (unique knot)
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Stella Alpina
Post: Hot and cold water rinse and G.F Trumpers Coral Skin Food
EDT: Guerlain L'Homme L'Eau Boisée

First time using the ATT S2 for a while after it's little holiday with @Boru62 . Thanks Kevin for taking care of it.:)

No issues removing 4 days growth with the Polsilver blade being a superb match for the S2.
The SV soap provided plenty of protection and glide.

Finished off with a sample of GFT Coral Skin Food (received from Executive Shaving).
This was the first time using anything by them and rated it. Not sure if it aided to the shave as the SV soap is already class.
I might have used a bit too much to finish off with but it didn't take too long to absorb into the skin. My skin now feels soft and smooth without a hint of stickiness.

I thought seen as we are coming up to the end of the year. I'd leave you with my top 10 tracks of 2017 with a couple on my SOTD posts running up to New Year (hopefully this won't annoy anyone:oops:).
Here's the first two to kick things off..

Cheers
Rob

Last edited:
17/12/17

Razor - Lord L6
Blade - Treet Durasharp (3)
Brush - Omega 80265
Soap - Palmolive
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Ayup Sabri Tobacco

When I bought my Omega 80265 off Ebay, there was a problem with the online order and it went through twice so I ended up with two Omega 80265's. I completely forgot about one of them which was put in a drawer and used for the first time today. The first one I have used around 100 times or so, and from the start it was a shedder (a few hairs at least per shave) and despite trying really hard to break it in it has always been scratchy and a lather eater. The other one which I used today for the first time was a completely different brush in usge, it didn't eat lather at all and has very soft tips.

The combination of the Lord L6 and Treet Durasharp works really well. The blade performs better in that razor then any other I have tried it in.

Igl9K7WC_o.jpg

Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Leresche 901
Permasharp (2)
Extro Pirata
Alum Block, BBA Post Shave Balm & Extro Pirata

This is probably the mildest open comb I have tried, a nice smooth and comfortable shave. The Permasharp is a good blade, won't unseat my favourites but nice enough to use. Extro is superb as always, would like the balm but no more buying for a long, long time (except for an iKon handle).

Prep: Hot shower, L'Oreal Charcoal face wash and Saponificio Varesino Stella Alpina bath soap

First time using the ATT S2 for a while after it's little holiday with @Boru62 . Thanks Kevin for taking care of it.:)

No issues removing 4 days growth with the Polsilver blade being a superb match for the S2.

Finished off with a sample of GFT Coral Skin Food (received from Executive Shaving).
This was the first time using anything by them and rated it. Not sure how much it added to my shave as the SV soap is already class.
I might have used a bit too much to finish off with but it didn't take too long to absorb into the skin. My skin now feels soft and smooth without a hint of stickiness.

I thought seen as we are coming up to the end of the year. I'd leave you with my top 10 tracks of 2017 with a couple on my SOTD posts running up to New Year (hopefully this won't annoy anyone:oops:).

Cheers
Rob
Thanks must go to you Rob for letting me borrow such a nice razor. The Atlas handle is looking great.
Two cracking TOTD* as well :)
Cheers,
Kevin.
*Tunes of the day.

This was the first time using anything by them and rated it. Not sure how much it added to my shave as the SV soap is already class.

Cheers
Rob
You have an impeccable taste in music Rob, thanks for sharing :) P.

SOTD: 17th December 2017.
View attachment 31810
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ Yardley of London ~English Lavender Soap Body Wash & Vosene Shampoo .

Pre:

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Omega S 10065 .

Bowl Lather.

Cream : Erasmic Shaving Lather.

Blade: Personna Lab Blue.(2)

Razor: Lord L125 Head/Muhle R89.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse/Aloe Vera Gel.

Brut ~ Attraction Totale Aftershave.

Greetings,

A nice & easy 3 pass + pick ups DFS shave, with no errors to report.

Ive experimented with making another frankenrazor from the Lord L125 head/Muhle R89 handle..the verdict?

A excellent non-aggressive combo, perfect match for a relaxing sunday shave...The R89 handle gave the frankenrazor a nice weight,making the shave very pleasurable.
Finishing the shave off in old school style with a very generous splash of Brut ~ Attraction Totale A/S..

i've stated before if i had to pick only one A/S splash then this would be a very high contender...I love the stuff.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your Sunday, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:
I've paired up the same head and handle works great.

Sunday;

24247574807_6be33b910b_o.jpg

Gunmetal 6C - #5
Gillette Rubie - #1
YaQi Space Silvertip
Stirling Frankincense & Myrrh

Lovely scented soap, plenty strong and very much akin to P&B Sanskrit in my opinion. A bit 'rounder' and softened well by the vanilla but the cardamom makes a certain and definite appearance. Slickness to boot plus two passes has given me a fantastic shave. This blade is sharp! Effortless stuff with plenty of buffing! Top notch.

Roll up, one and all! :D
How is that brush doing Ben?

Nice set up. Is the brush a Simpsons 2xl best?

Nice set up. Is the brush a Simpsons 2xl best?

Hello, Wayne
Yes. Indeed is a Commodore X2, loft of 22, best badger.
Very shedy (Simpsons replaced it once; this is a four-six left in the sink on every shave) , but is a Simpsons. Great quality.
Thanks
15857b8bf8422f1753c69069e3c7943d.jpg

Enviado desde mi MI 5 mediante Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom