Birch Tar Soap
Vitos Preshave soap
Vitos Green soap
Omega 10065 Boar Brush
Gem Featherweight with a GEM SS Blade
Alum Block and Rise
Groomed Moisturiser
Denim AS

A S**ity night at work. Why....when you spend ages trying to save someone's life....do they decide ...NO? Some family is not going to have a Happy Christmas:(

I needed a shave...No thought and no photo.

The 3 passes were BBS

You can only do your best....keep your chin up.

Hi, I have not used an Edwin J; however, I found the Rocca to be one of the best DE razors I have ever used.

For me, and I appreciate that YMMV, it falls between the ATT M1 and the ATT R1. 2 passes great shave - 3 passes BBS fuss free, every time.

I have the black handled Rocca, about to get the birch version.

All the best,

Chris
Hi, thanks for your helpful reply. I have ordered the black. Cheers. Roy

Pre - Warm shower
Brush - Dreadnought By Johan - Syntet 26mm
Soap - Grooming Dept - Neroli Di Bois
Razor - RazoRock - Wunderbar Slant
Blade - Polsilver Super Iridium
Post - Proraso Pre & Post Cream - Eucalyptus & Menthol
AS - Proraso - Eucalyptus & Menhtol

Very good shave tonight :D
The brush is a RazoRock synthetic with a new handle.
One of the members of a Swedish forum made the handle.
The soap has a very light and fresh smell, love it...

Happy Shaving

View attachment 31821 Omega 49 Brush
Merkur 34c
Astra Blade
Body Shop Maca Root cream & balm

First shave with this razor very kindly leant to me by Wayne. I don't know if I was just being overly cautious with a new razor but I found it very mild, to the point after 3 passes I had to finish off under my chin with a mach3. Wayne included a number of blades so I'll try a different one next time.

When I did my hunt up the high street last week I missed the body shop as it's tucked up an arcade, impressed with my purchases.
Hi Chris,

The razor is what I would class as a mild to medium razor but after 3 passes I would expect a clean shave. I would suggest that you give it a chance. After one shave it is extremely difficult to come to a conclusion.
Prep and a good lather is paramount along with "Mapping your beard". Take your time and check you have the correct angles. WTG/XTG/ATG.

I really like the Astra SP. It is my go to DE blade but YMMV. Your Miles May Vary. Everyone has different likes and dislikes in this shaving game. That's what I personally find so intriguing about it.

If you want to go up a gear with regards to the blade then I would suggest the Feather. An extremely sharp blade but I would not use it more than 3 times max. They dull very quickly. There is also the likes of Polsilver SI, Voskod, Gillette Blue etc for you to try.

Try them all and see what you like..

Enjoy!
Wayne. :)

Last edited:
Sunday 17th December

Birch Tar Soap
Vitos Preshave soap
Vitos Green soap
Omega 10065 Boar Brush
Gem Featherweight with a GEM SS Blade
Alum Block and Rise
Groomed Moisturiser
Denim AS

A S**ity night at work. Why....when you spend ages trying to save someone's life....do they decide ...NO? Some family is not going to have a Happy Christmas:(

I needed a shave...No thought and no photo.

The 3 passes were BBS
Think of all the families whose Christmas will be amazing because of you my friend..

Think of all the families whose Christmas will be amazing because of you my friend..
Thanks Wayne ( and others). Christmas may not be amazing for everyone....but it will happen....and enough of this. This is a shaving forum! All your kindness is much appreciated. Mostly when I do my best it works out....this time it didn't. BUT I did my best, and I have to accept it.

Thanks Wayne ( and others). Christmas may not be amazing for everyone....but it will happen....and enough of this. This is a shaving forum! All your kindness is much appreciated. Mostly when I do my best it works out....this time it didn't. BUT I did my best, and I have to accept it.
Exactly..

Anyway.

Have you used your Beautiful Feather SS Japanese style lately?

I hear that Santa Claus is leaving one under the tree for me in the wine colour.
Very excited. :)

17/12/2017 (am)
8e58b88a21e81ffe10c108108348f6d7.jpg

Prep: Face wash using Medi-Soft face soap
Brush: Razzor Blue Badger Silvertip
Shaving Soap: Mike's Natural Soaps-Barbershop
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Personna Platinum (1)
Post shave: Fine American Blend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun 17th Dec- late

Omega 11137 boar
Tabac Soap
Alu. Hawk + S/S Handle
Feather Pro [ 4 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Tabac A/S Lotion

With the Aluminium Hawk/ General I get better Shave when I get rid of the stock handle, and use a heavier one. Have had two bad nights, but try to shave as it perks me up.g

Today I had a better all-round Shave with the Hawk,as the blade feel allowed me to determine where extra work is required, the smoothness of the General fooled me into thinking work on the neck was OK, but it was not. Another Shave with the General is required to see if I can master that area.

IMG_0460.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom