SOTD Saturday 16th December 2017 - Friday 22th December 2017

Greetings All,

I am going to be relatively boring for the forthcoming weeks as I will be testing new blades. I will be giving each blade four days of testing using the same soap (different on each day, but the same for each week) and razor combination – razor will be the Rockwell 6C using plate 4.

I forgot to list the blades I will be testing, so will do so tomorrow.

Enough of that, on with the shave. . .

Monday shave

One and half days growth and warm shave

Preparation – Showered then face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Soap: Molton Brown Shaving Soap
Razor: Rockwell 6C (4P)
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1st)
Brush: RazoRock 400 (face lather)
Post Shave: Hot then cold water rinse, Nivea 2 Phase followed by Michael Kors EDT.

Gillette Nacet test.

Day 1

Oh my, oh me, oh my. This has to be the best, yes best ‘first day's use' shave I have had. The Gillette Nacet was smooth, and sliced away my whiskers, yet mild so no skin irritation. There was no 'first day' erratic uncertainty as the blade did exactly as expected, consistently throughout the shave, unlike 'first day' use of say a Voskhod blade that needs one day shave to settle down / hone in.

Three passes - WTG, XTG and ATG, no weepers and as mentioned, no irritation.

First impression – very nice blade and looking forward to tomorrow's shave. Great start to this test and week.

Cheers,

Brian

Monday 18th December

Olive Oil Soap
Vitos Preshave Cream
TFS Ciotola Gialla Soap
Vie-Long Brush with a Tuxedo reknot
Feather AC SS (Japanese style) with a Feather SuperPro
Alum Block and rinse
Murray & Lanman Florida Water
James Bronnley Gentlemens EDT

Last nights shave was better than expected so I only needed 1 pass and a touch up to maintain BBS status. I am off to N. Ireland to visit family and friends so until I return I will be using the kit I keep at my Mother's house to avoid carry-on problems...so for the next few days it will be a Feather Portable with Israeli Personna blades, a Turkish horse hair brush and a Stick of Arko. I shall look forward to spoiling myself on Friday.

image.jpg ~SOTD~ Monday 18th December

Prep ~ Shower, Olive oil soap
Razor ~ JA Henkckels Zwillngswer 13
Soap ~ P.160 Tipo Duro
Brush ~ Anbbas boar
Post ~ A P R Winterfell aftershave
Scent ~ A P R Winterfell EDP

A fantastic shave from the Henkckels, couldn't have gone better! The P.160 Soap was outstanding as was the Australian private reserve aftershave and EDP.

@Benz3ne @Sid James

Wishing you all a great day! ..........:)

~ SOTD 18th December ~

Razor - Edwin Jagger DE3D14
Blade - Bolzano Superinox
Brush - Kent BK8 Silvertip Badger
Soap - Fine Green Vetiver
Aftershave - Fine Green Vetiver
20171218_094523.jpg
Much better shave today the lord blade iv been trying in my last couple of shaves was terrible the Bolzano blades are excellent they are one of my favourite blades to use at the moment , my kent brush is amazing as others have said its like painting the soap on your face with a big soft cloud I'm tempted to try a bk12 it looks huge in the pictures ....

Have a Nice Day Shavers :)

FP5Oz5J.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: Wolfman SB-P WRH2 Stainless Steel
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Brush: Thäter 2-band Bulb
Lather: Mike's Hungarian Lavender
Post-Shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​
Good picture and setup Alfred.

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Vie-Long 13052 Horse
Soap: P&B Spitfire
Razor: Gillette Single Ring
Blade: GSB
IMG_20171218_111820.jpg

A very nice start to the week. Everything did what it was supposed to do, without fault, including the user. :)

Last edited:
Monday 18th December

Olive Oil Soap
Vitos Preshave Cream
TFS Ciotola Gialla Soap
Vie-Long Brush with a Tuxedo reknot
Feather AC SS (Japanese style) with a Feather SuperPro
Alum Block and rinse
Murray & Lanman Florida Water
James Bronnley Gentlemens EDT

Last nights shave was better than expected so I only needed 1 pass and a touch up to maintain BBS status. I am off to N. Ireland to visit family and friends so until I return I will be using the kit I keep at my Mother's house to avoid carry-on problems...so for the next few days it will be a Feather Portable with Israeli Personna blades, a Turkish horse hair brush and a Stick of Arko. I shall look forward to spoiling myself on Friday.
Have a great time and a safe trip. :) P.

Back
Top Bottom