SOTD Saturday 16th December 2017 - Friday 22th December 2017

20171217_113832-jpg.22165

Prep: Hot shower, L'Oreal Charcoal face wash and Saponificio Varesino Stella Alpina bath soap
Pre: G.F Trumpers Coral Skin Food
Razor: ATT S2/Atlas
Razor blade: Polsilver
Brush: shavemac 2 Band Silvertip (unique knot)
Bowl: Little Wren Pottery
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Stella Alpina
Post: Hot and cold water rinse and G.F Trumpers Coral Skin Food
EDT: Guerlain L'Homme L'Eau Boisée

First time using the ATT S2 for a while after it's little holiday with @Boru62 . Thanks Kevin for taking care of it.:)

No issues removing 4 days growth with the Polsilver blade being a superb match for the S2.
The SV soap provided plenty of protection and glide.

Finished off with a sample of GFT Coral Skin Food (received from Executive Shaving).
This was the first time using anything by them and rated it. Not sure if it aided to the shave as the SV soap is already class.
I might have used a bit too much to finish off with but it didn't take too long to absorb into the skin. My skin now feels soft and smooth without a hint of stickiness.

I thought seen as we are coming up to the end of the year. I'd leave you with my top 10 tracks of 2017 with a couple on my SOTD posts running up to New Year (hopefully this won't annoy anyone:oops:).
Here's the first two to kick things off..

Cheers
Rob
A like a bit of shoegazing Rob. Do any My Bloody Valentine tracks feature?

A like a bit of shoegazing Rob. Do any My Bloody Valentine tracks feature?

No, sorry Barry. All the tracks I've picked have been released this year.

I do like their first two albums though. I've seen them only once many years ago (1992 to be exact) on the 'Rollercoaster' tour they did with Blur, The Jesus and Mary Chain and Dinosaur Jr.
MBV blew everyone else off the stage.

No, sorry Barry. All the tracks I've picked have been released this year.

I do like their first two albums though. I've seen them only once many years ago (1992 to be exact) on the 'Rollercoaster' tour they did with Blur, The Jesus and Mary Chain and Dinosaur Jr.
MBV blew everyone else off the stage.
‘Loveless' is certainly among my top 5 albums of all time. I think I saw them a year later than you Rob. Talk about a wall of noise. Breathtaking.

A6FE7AE8-AAE2-40A9-AD81-385C9FFADC39.jpeg Omega 49 Brush
Merkur 34c
Astra Blade
Body Shop Maca Root cream & balm

First shave with this razor very kindly leant to me by Wayne. I don't know if I was just being overly cautious with a new razor but I found it very mild, to the point after 3 passes I had to finish off under my chin with a mach3. Wayne included a number of blades so I'll try a different one next time.

When I did my hunt up the high street last week I missed the body shop as it's tucked up an arcade, impressed with my purchases.

View attachment 31821 Omega 49 Brush
Merkur 34c
Astra Blade
Body Shop Maca Root cream & balm

First shave with this razor very kindly leant to me by Wayne. I don't know if I was just being overly cautious with a new razor but I found it very mild, to the point after 3 passes I had to finish off under my chin with a mach3. Wayne included a number of blades so I'll try a different one next time.

When I did my hunt up the high street last week I missed the body shop as it's tucked up an arcade, impressed with my purchases.

Using the razor at a steeper angle should improve its efficiency

Hi, how good is the Rocca? Current razor is Edwin J. Thanks

Hi, I have not used an Edwin J; however, I found the Rocca to be one of the best DE razors I have ever used.

For me, and I appreciate that YMMV, it falls between the ATT M1 and the ATT R1. 2 passes great shave - 3 passes BBS fuss free, every time.

I have the black handled Rocca, about to get the birch version.

All the best,

Chris

Sunday's shave :)

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap followed by Prorasso pre-shave cream (Green).
Razor - Blackland Gem v1.0.
Blade - Gem PTFE (Day 3).
Soap - Kiehl's Lite Flight Shave Cream.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 Synthetic.
Bowl - Little Wren Pottery.
Post Shave - OSP Ecucalyptus and Menthol Splash, followed by Kiehl's Post Shave Balm.

A great 2 pass shave with no issues, I love the Sabre GEM, always gives a great shave. Enjoyed shaving with the Keihl's shave cream, which I can find hit or miss - for me it seems to work better in the Winter, it seems to lose its consistency in the Summer when it's hot.

All the best,

Chris

Sunday 17th December

Birch Tar Soap
Vitos Preshave soap
Vitos Green soap
Omega 10065 Boar Brush
Gem Featherweight with a GEM SS Blade
Alum Block and Rise
Groomed Moisturiser
Denim AS

A S**ity night at work. Why....when you spend ages trying to save someone's life....do they decide ...NO? Some family is not going to have a Happy Christmas:(

I needed a shave...No thought and no photo.

The 3 passes were BBS

Back
Top Bottom