SOTD: Saturday 16 - Friday 22 September 2023.

Wednesday 19 September

IMG_0304.jpeg

Tatara Masamune
Croma Diamant 2nd use
Løthur Nude
ToOBS Super Badger

Bbs in 2 passes and pick ups, very creamy soap subtle scent. Croma still performing well and the Tatara never disappoints. The brush is a cheap second hand purchase on the bay, a bit on the dinky small side but the bristles still have good “body“ and it’s still working perfectly well.

enjoy your evening fellas!

SOTD 20230919
Prep: Myrsol Masaje Antesol
Bowl: Ceramiche di Sicilia
Brush: Simpson M7 Manchurian
Soap: Grooming Dept. Chamomile Lemon
Razor: Paradigm Shaveware Salient
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
AS: Myrsol Agua de Limón

SOTD_20230919.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Last edited:
IMG_2887.jpeg
SOTD: 18/09/2023

Razor: Stando Rod
Blade: Kai Titan Mild Pink , 7th use
Brush: Highlander Chubby Style Boti Fan Knot Synthetic
Bowl: HC&C Black Straight Wall Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Noble Otter The Noir Et Vanille Puck
Aftershave: Noble Otter The Noir Et Vanille Aftershave
Balm: Tea Tree Balm Sample Balm

IMG_2893.jpeg
SOTD: 19/09/2023

Razor: Stando Rod
Blade: Kai Titan Mild Pink , 8th use
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze
Bowl: HC&C Black Straight Wall Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Master Soap Creations/Pasteurs Pharmacy Bloom Puck
Balm: Tea Tree Balm Sample Balm
Fragrance: Ard Al Zaafaran Oud 24 Hours EdP

SOTD 20-Sep
20230919_172950.jpg
Brush: Simpson Colonel
Soap: A&E Lavender Noir
Razor: Atelier Durdan Vestige (++)
Blade: GEM PTFE (7)

Good shave combined with wonderful scent, I may consider throwing in the EDP on the next order, though I'm wondering whether it might be a bit much. The AS lays for a couple of hours as is.

Hope everyone has a good one.

Cheers

Marc

And once again I find myself behind on my SOTD'ing activities. One, because I have been busy, but perhaps more truthful, two, I am useless.

So here they are, my last two shaves which carry with them the theme, 'The art of being useless'

20230918_200326.jpg

Artistic uselessness - Lambda Athena
Useless piece of stainless - Feather
The art of uselessness - Highlander TSR LE 2023
Uselessly soapy - Coco Vanilla
Useless moisturiser - Collegen
Cheap and Useless - M&S Spice Amber

'I wouldn't bother with the lipstick, it's Mr Friendly who wears that one'

A first time out with the new LE brush and yet another piece of wonderful craftsmanship from Giles. Like his other brushes I have; it sits perfectly in the hand and just feels right. He really has nailed this brush thing. My usual Cashmere knot as it is one which rather suits me and I have grown to love. A bit contrary to everyone else who have grown to detest me.

The little sample of soap which came with the brush turned out to be an absolute delight. I was asking around for a coconut scented soap earlier this year and think I have found my answer here. Not, an amazing in your face (but definitely on your face) coconut scent, but just this little subtle background aroma which hits it just right. After all who wants to smell like a Bounty bar? A super lather easily whipped up here with the new brush and a very positive effort from Team Lather..

And to remove it all, the Athena. Yet another piece of craftsmanship which always delights. Just an all round superb razor which delivers nothing outside of brilliance. Very suited to the Feather and a certain intended for my SPOTTY awards this year.

All topped up with the smashing Spiced Amber. 200ml for £15? An inevitable bargain which you can use like an upmarket deodorant. A cracking product if ever.

A smashing shave which needs some Japanese ladies to round it off...and someone who makes a first (and possibly last) appearance.....

20230919_211122.jpg

A useless shaver - Occams Enoch
Ah! That useless blade - Schick Proline
Useless bees - Hive-2
That most useless of Soaps - Londinium
Uselessly useless - L'Occitane Cade balm
Pathetically useless - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos splash

'Japanese girls, Japanese girls, Japanese girls..........'

Inevitability. At some point or another during the shaving week the Londinium is going to make an appearance. And rightfully so. A God.

The last few times I used the Enoch it disappeared down the road of being one right nasty little bastard with an enormous amount of blade feel. If feeling blades be your forte of course. So this time a change of blade to a Proline and a new one on me as I can't recall using a Schick in this razor before. Expectations high and hopefully a less on the edge shave...hit skin and......

Jeez, fucking shit, what the bloody hell?

One exceptionally smooth performance and this is more the Enoch I rate so highly. In fact heavenly. Three full passes to shaving bliss.

Possibly my current tuck of Super Pro's are slightly over sized (manufacturing?) and hence a touch more 'blade forward', which in terms of steel on skin can make a huge difference. As it is, I once again find love for the Enoch.

A cracking shave

Burst Girl? Never heard of them myself until the other day, so here they are in yet another video which involves Japanese ladies legging it down the street....

Time for me to leg it and say, 'I love you all'

20 September

La Toja stick
Mühle Travel brush
Rockwell 6S
Feather Hi-Stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

9AF57463-BF73-45E8-A42A-61D62D2F9880.jpeg
The La Toja stick produces a lovely rich lather every time, rubbing it onto my damp face and then lathering with a damp brush and adding water as I go. Never fails. Nor does the Rockwell 6S with two comfortable passes and a satisfyingly smooth result.
I’m getting low on my favourite Hibernia splash. Time to think which Signature soap and splash next.

Back
Top Bottom