SOTD: Saturday 16 - Friday 22 September 2023.

How have you got on with this? - curious as to whether it is awkward or not dealing with the brass weight for cleaning and loosening/tightening for adjustment.
It's been ok. I've only had 3 shaves with it so the brass still looks like new. The adjuster is good, nice and firm, but I think there might be a sliced finger or two when adjusting it with wet or soapy hands. The range in the adjustments from 1-9 is great. Even moving it up half a notch, you can feel the change in the shave which is the exact way it shoukd work with an adjustable. Also, the balance of the razor can be changed if the brass is removed.

SOTD 21.09.2023

Actually I think my SOTD can pretty quickly be summed up as 'same as last time!' - I don't have enough 'stuff' (yet) to make it interesting. But I've taken a snap now so might as well use it!

IMG_20230921_181951.jpg

Pre - Imperial Leather soap

Brush - Clubman Penaud 24mm
Cream - Palmolive Classic
Bowl - Glass
Razor - Merkur 34C
Blade - Derby Premium

Post - alum, Superdrug Forest Fresh ASL, Nivea Sensitive ASB

And another very nice, calm, satisfactory shave with minimum tidy up!
That's that then!

[bThursday 21st September[/b]

AIL4fc9s2319hdmnE4i1hkudLDE3b0N-Al_s8_iiVyz23TOwTgqLdhA26Nyo6dcJnL38oyXtGIvjFP1j4Rx_n7Fvhma5ZvbNgU_8cZgQNUO8GH6M72-eFxcFxdid9z5nfUmW137xCS8muWdBGqNFtNMbBQtByw=w800

Gillette Original Shave Foam
Souplex Combless & Treet Durasharp (4)
Pitralon Classic Aftershave

Another Souplex razor ...

It's been ok. I've only had 3 shaves with it so the brass still looks like new. The adjuster is good, nice and firm, but I think there might be a sliced finger or two when adjusting it with wet or soapy hands. The range in the adjustments from 1-9 is great. Even moving it up half a notch, you can feel the change in the shave which is the exact way it shoukd work with an adjustable. Also, the balance of the razor can be changed if the brass is removed.
Nice one, thank you. The method to adjust does seem to invite blood loss, though it's an interesting looking one.

SOTD 22-Sep
20230921_155942-01.jpeg
Brush: C&H 'Casanova'
Soap: HoM Tobacconist
Razor: Frederick Reynolds Swayback

Somehow I ended up with a bit more time this morning, so a brief break from the Vestige to pick up the straight. Decided to try out the, new to me, Tobacconist. This really is an out and out tobacco, but it's not as jarring to others as Full Measure of Man can be (or at least that's what the Mrs said).

Wonderfully smooth and unsurprisingly smell like I've just stopped by a quality Tobacconist to pick up a pouch back in the day (not everyone's cup of tea).

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Thursday 21 September
Ikon B1 Slant
Croma Diamant 3rd use
Alpha 400 synthetic
De Vergulde Hand soap

I have a Shield titanium handle as a spare and fitted it to the Ikon, it’s lighter and more manageable than the original handle and I would recommend it. 2 passes plus pick ups for bbs finish this morning. Now to look forward to Autumn :oops:

Have a great evening fellas!

View attachment 111465
Hi Can you tell us a bit about this Dutch soap?
I live close to the Netherlands and I am curious to get it, apparenty could be found in supermarkets...
Thanks!

SOTD: 22/09/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 9th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Muhle Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Taylor Of Old Bond Street Jermyn Street Collection Cream
Aftershave: Tabac Original Craftsman Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Nice day to you all!

Fri 22
Soap Ariana & Evans London
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake
Razor Joh Engstrom Eskilstuna Frameback
Aftershave Clubman Whiskey Woods
Good lather qualities from this soap but the scent is too light. Whiskey Woods is ever reliable & my favorite
This razor was not satisfactory on the last use so put it through the full diamond balsa progression and wow, the edge is so much crispier & smooth too....enjoyed 3passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230922_193650.jpg

20230922_074835.jpg
My Shave today consisted of...

Prep Proraso preshave balm
Brush Highlander white synthetic brush.
Soap ZingariMan Mousse Illuminee Rogue.
Razors Schick injector G type with tennis handle.
Blade Gillette Platinum plus.
Aftershave Zingari Man Mousse Illuminee Rogue.

Another real lovely shave with the tennis handle Schick razor this time.
I can't believe how well these razors shave and absolutely phenomenal daily shavers.
Have an awesome day ahead everyone.

Back
Top Bottom