SOTD: Saturday 16 - Friday 22 September 2023.

SOTD 19-Sep
20230918_142211-01.jpeg
Brush: C&H 'Casanova' V11
Soap: SH Sandalwood
Razor: Atelier Durdan Vestige (++)
Blade: GEM PTFE (7)

Another good shave, this was supposed to be my list day with the razor but the next user isn't available until the end of next week. Such a shame that I have to hold onto it.

It's been a while since a razor has grabbed me as much as this one, I'm sure the looks are polarising but weirdly I like it.

The sandalwood offering from Sir Henry is another good one, almost seems a little bit sweet but has a warming scent to go with it. Nice for the horrid weather.

Smooth, smelling good and just about ready to kick off with work.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

1000001519.jpg

SOTD 19 September 2023

Razor - Schick disposable twin blade razor ( just like the injector.)
Soap - Truefitt & Hill Ultimate Comfort shave cream
Brush - Omega Italian flag boar
Bowl - Capitans Choice standard weight copper bowl
Post - The refinery ASB

I was gifted four of theses disposable razors from Mike and I have to say that the shave I got was every bit as good as I would have got if I was using my Schick twin blade injector razor.
How many shaves I will get out of one is anyone's guess but I will be sure to let you know.

Until then,

Paul.

Last edited:
Tue 19th September
Been missing SOTD for some time, as I have been concentrating more on doing exercise/ breathing exercises prescribed after my recent Hospital stay. Apparently, I have a low levels of oxygen in my blood which needs possible medication, and have a home visit by a Heart Nurse scheduled. NHS after care has been superb.
Recent Shaves have been purely to keep whiskers at Bay and not been very enjoyable, and limited to use of a V2 Hawk and Claymore Evo.Today I used The Hawk with a fresh blade, and had without any real effort a really enjoyable Shave with a great finish too.

Pre Shave wash - Heno de Pravia glycerine
The Grosvenor 404mixed
Hampshire Wool Fat soap
RR Hawk V3- A plate
Schick Proline ( 1 )

82B715F2-0805-4A72-9476-4536AC5466A2.jpeg

View attachment 111369

SOTD 19 September 2023

Razor - Schick disposable twin blade razor ( just like the injector.)
Soap - True fit and Hill Ultimate Comfort shave cream
Brush - Omega Italian flag boar
Bowl - Capitans Choice standard weight copper bowl
Post - The refinery ASB

I was gifted four of theses disposable razors from Mike and I have to say that the shave I got was every bit as good as I would have got if I was using my Schick twin blade injector razor.
How many shaves I will get out of one is anyone's guess but I will be sure to let you know.

Until then,

Paul.
Hi Paul,
They are quite surprising, perhaps the handle could be a bit heavier. I reckon they are good for 6 Shaves.
Mike

Tue 19th September
Been missing SOTD for some time, as I have been concentrating more on doing exercise/ breathing exercises prescribed after my recent Hospital stay. Apparently, I have a low levels of oxygen in my blood which needs possible medication, and have a home visit by a Heart Nurse scheduled. NHS after care has been superb.
Recent Shaves have been purely to keep whiskers at Bay and not been very enjoyable, and limited to use of a V2 Hawk and Claymore Evo.Today I used The Hawk with a fresh blade, and had without any real effort a really enjoyable Shave with a great finish too.

The Grosvenor 404mixed
Hampshire Wool Fat soap
RR Hawk V3- A plate
Schick Proline ( 1 )

View attachment 111370
It's always important to keep breathing, take it from a chronic sleep apnoea patient!
Pleased you enjoyed your shave Mike.

Paul.

Tue 19th September

The Grosvenor 404mixed
Hampshire Wool Fat soap
RR Hawk V3- A plate
Schick Proline ( 1 )

View attachment 111370

Really good to see you back Mike. Keep up the recovery and stay well.

SOTD: 19/09/2023

Razor: Leaf Shave Twig
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium, 2nd use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Muhle Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan The Cube 2.0 Scentless Soap
Soap: The Goodfellas Smile Pino Alpestre Cream
Aftershave: The Goodfellas Smile Pino Alpestre Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Nice little razor, this Twiggy. And the Polsilver is an excellent blade, so I got a comfortable and smooth shave this morning. Enjoy your day.

IhqRo38.jpg

Rocnel SE-P SS Half-Blade SE Razor * Nacet
Heritage Ever-Ready 200 26mm SHD Gel
Dr. Selby Shaving Soap
B&M Lavender Aftershave Splash​

Back
Top Bottom