SOTD: Saturday 16 - Friday 22 September 2023.

Saturday 16 September

So, in the 1930s a German fellow decided that from a design sense safety razors needed another angle. Bring on Hermann Zaiss, Solingen-Ohligs in the then West Germany. His tilted head design was patented in 1937 and he produced razors through to the 1950s. All with a prefix Neo. The Neo-Lux, Neo-Ras, Neo Gam Neorador, Neon, to name a few. Not quite the sexiest of monicas for a razor although I think the foto of my bad boy has a sort of Art-Deco look about it. Made of hard plastic and metal, although some were all metal. Once the blade is set in the head the pin slips over and tightens via the spring end of the handle. Simple really, no screwing required.

I was not sure what to expect with this odd ball razor. However, my face suitably lathered it delivered an amazing bbs shave In 2 passes and pick ups. Astra blade was new but didn’t feel as sharp as I would like. The tilted head is at a perfect angle and allows the business bit of the razor head to be seen at all times. The handle never gets in the way. Not easy to describe but using it just seemed so natural, so comfortable it’s a perfect Design. There, I’ve said it! I’m truly amazed. Rock on Hermann :cool:

Have a fantastic weekend fellas!

View attachment 111257

It also comes to pieces so cleaning is easy.

View attachment 111258
That's such an interesting razor, it looks amazing.

That's such an interesting razor, it looks amazing.
It’s not easy to describe how much of a revelation this razor was to use. It is simple in design and looks a bit odd but it does the job with surprising ease. Maybe if Gillette or Schick had marketed it this type of design would still be used today. Who knows?

IMG_3994.jpeg
Saturday 16.09.23 at midnight

beard of 4 days

Pre-shave: Proraso verde (activated)
Soap: Kepkinh Eve Shaving Soap from Greece
Brush: Badger (silvertip?) by Barbieria Carottese
Razor: Mjolnir by Sbarba.it
blade: PAA platinum blade
Aftershave: Ishtar by AYLM

4 days of beard, too soon for my very sensitive skin. The blade quite average, not really great for my skin either. The razor is at his 4th use, sadly it also slipped down the side of my (too narrow) sink, banging the bathroom floor tiles, desperation in my eyes, checking the razor is all right, nothing broken ( fiuuuu) but a tiny indentation on the corner of the plate, luckily not involving the blade geometry . Good shave overall, I am convincing myself this is a 3 passes razor, not a 2 passes , but I am such a 2 passes guy! I am also using more animal hair brushes, the synthetic is great, but real animal hair is just giving me More feelings The AS from AYLM is so strong my wife sends me back to the bathroom to wash it out, tried but now is almost underneath my skin, will take the whole night to dissipate ‍♂️
Ciao ciao buonanotte a tutti

SOTD: 17th September 2023.

6.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power 24H Fresh Effect Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Wrights Coal Tar Bar Soap.
Brush: Semogue 1470.
Face Lather.
Lather: Lea Shave Stick.
Blade: Personna Gem PTFE (D2)
Razor: Razor: Ever Ready 1914. (US) (brass)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Cien Sensitive ASB./Milton Lloyd Essentials no9 EdP.

Relaxing Sunday morning shave

Greetings,

A wonderful performance from the Ever-Ready 1914.

The audio feedback you get from these vintage shaving tools for me personally is incredibly satisfying.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd Essentials no9 EdP to the chest & pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

SOTD 20230917
Prep: Myrsol Masaje Antesol
Bowl: Steve Woodhead Suribachi
Brush: Highlander Brushes TSR 23 LE @gile
Soap: Bay Rum Soap Sample
Razor: Charcoal Goods Lv. 2 OC Vertigo
Blade: Asco Super Stainless
AS: Pinaud Clubman Bay Rum

SOTD_20230917.jpg

SOTD_20230917_1.jpg

SOTD_20230917_2.jpg

SOTD_20230917_3.jpg

SOTD_20230917_4.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

17 September

SV Felce Aromatica
Simpson M7
Merkur 39c
Feather Hi-Stainless
SV Felce Aromatica asl

0F674A81-4031-47BB-BBFE-E74A27788A3C.jpeg
I felt that the first pass lather was a little thin this morning so I re-lathered for the second pass and achieved a Santa Claus of lathers. The 39c was as close and comfortable in the two passes as yesterday. Another excellent shave.

SOTD: 17/09/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 5th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Muhle Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Puck
Aftershave: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water
Fragrance: Givenchy Xeryus Rouge EdT

Have a nice Sunday (or what is left of it)!

YX8MJ8x.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Leonidam Horus Silvertip Badger
Soap: Eufros Tobacco
Razor: Blutt BR-1 (1.20mm)
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Master XCN Chromium (2)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Vitos Tobacco Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Creed Tabarome Millésime EdP

Saturday 16 September

So, in the 1930s a German fellow decided that from a design sense safety razors needed another angle. Bring on Hermann Zaiss, Solingen-Ohligs in the then West Germany. His tilted head design was patented in 1937 and he produced razors through to the 1950s. All with a prefix Neo. The Neo-Lux, Neo-Ras, Neo Gam Neorador, Neon, to name a few. Not quite the sexiest of monicas for a razor although I think the foto of my bad boy has a sort of Art-Deco look about it. Made of hard plastic and metal, although some were all metal. Once the blade is set in the head the pin slips over and tightens via the spring end of the handle. Simple really, no screwing required.

I was not sure what to expect with this odd ball razor. However, my face suitably lathered it delivered an amazing bbs shave In 2 passes and pick ups. Astra blade was new but didn’t feel as sharp as I would like. The tilted head is at a perfect angle and allows the business bit of the razor head to be seen at all times. The handle never gets in the way. Not easy to describe but using it just seemed so natural, so comfortable it’s a perfect Design. There, I’ve said it! I’m truly amazed. Rock on Hermann :cool:

Have a fantastic weekend fellas!

View attachment 111257

It also comes to pieces so cleaning is easy.

View attachment 111258
Great post, @ekeko - I never stop learning in this wonderful hobby. (y)

Back
Top Bottom