SOTD Saturday 13th to Friday 19th August 2016

Yup...I honestly didn't think I would ever use any of my (100) Derby's again...they were simply too mild in my EJ89, but it seemed to work a treat in the FB.;)
I didn't think i would use my Derby's up either, until i got my Muhle R41..the combo is brilliant,.."We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." -- Albert Einstein. Regards.:)

I didn't think i would use my Derby's up either, until i got my Muhle R41..the combo is brilliant,.."We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." -- Albert Einstein. Regards.:)
A much under rated blade but seem to work well in certain types of razor, I used to put them in my R41 with good results untill I sold it to make room for another razor.

Fri 19th Aug

Stirling Synthetic 26mm
MWF
Schick B1
Schick "Chick " [ 4 ]
Alum rub/Rinse
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

A cautious shave , as not sure blade is retained in the head securely. In fact had to straighten it up after a few strokes, as it was not aligned properly. Found it to be a mild shaver, and got reasonable results on Cheek/Chin area, but not too clever around the neck. Whatever happened to the scheduled 1914 Shave.

IMG_0802.jpg

e1535a36a072eb544ecee94d2a823b6f.jpg

Proraso Pre
Brad Sears S8
Stirling Barber Shop
ATT S1 slant
Polsilver SI (1)
Razorock XXX AS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Semogue Selected Silvertip Prototype shaving brush / Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes shaving cream / UFO Goliath handle + MÜHLE R89 head + Treet Dura-Sharp blade / Mennen Green Tonic aftershave lotion

c9d22237cc250364d73b155cea5ef152.jpg

I am searching for a shaving cream scented lime but this Trueffit & Hill does´t like me. It has a bitter smell.
A very interesting picture.

20160819_153706.jpg
Took it easy today, after the BBS from the Schick G8 Injector yesterday (q.v). Mild, 2 pass shave with the 1912. This SE deal really is good; I can hear rumblings of jealousy from the DE sisters as they look balefully on the Schick and Ever Ready...

Pre: Shower and Clinique Charcoal Face Wash; Proraso E & M pre-shave
Brush: Semogue 1470
Soap: The Fat, the whole Fat and nothing but the Fat
Razor: 1912 Ever Ready SE
Blade: Gem #1
Post: alum block, Thayer's Rose and Aloe Vera Witch Hazel, Proraso Green a/s and a touch of the Proraso pre-shave.
Fragrance: Dior Homme
Music: Steve Reich: Music for 18 Musicians

Cold water rinse for the blade and facial rinsing between passes. I've been trying this approach for a wee while, during what passes for summer. In colder climes, I'll revert to warm rinses and compare the results.

I wouldn't normally use the pre-shave afterwards, as it can be a bit chalky; however, when applied just after the aftershave, it blends nicely. Cools the area where I sometimes have very slight irritation (sides of the neck adjacent to the Adam's apple) and wards off (well, minimises) any small red bumps.

Weekend's nearly here; have a great one, folks.

S.

Last edited:
Semogue Selected Silvertip Prototype shaving brush / Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes shaving cream / UFO Goliath handle + MÜHLE R89 head + Treet Dura-Sharp blade / Mennen Green Tonic aftershave lotion

c9d22237cc250364d73b155cea5ef152.jpg

I am searching for a shaving cream scented lime but this Trueffit & Hill does´t like me. It has a bitter smell.
Castle Forbes? Crabtree & Evelyn?

Back
Top Bottom