SOTD Saturday 13th to Friday 19th August 2016

SOTD - August 19
Pre: Shower and NSS Old Grey Bristle Test Coconut Milk Pre Shave Soap
Razor: ATT R2
Blade: Voskhod
Brush: HJM Pure Bristle
Soap: OSP Bay Rum

A great shave today with the ATT R2. Smooth, close and efficient. 3 passes for a BBS result. The soap provided good cushiony and protective lather and glide.

SOTD 44.JPG

SOTD - August 19
Pre: Shower and NSS Old Grey Bristle Test Coconut Milk Pre Shave Soap
Razor: ATT R2
Blade: Voskhod
Brush: HJM Pure Bristle
Soap: OSP Bay Rum

A great shave today with the ATT R2. Smooth, close and efficient. 3 passes for a BBS result. The soap provided good cushiony and protective lather and glide.

View attachment 20266
Yet another great picture Eddy, well done.

Any update on the fine platinum ?
Worth the money ?
Payday tomorrow ;)
Cheers
Hi Brad

Indeed...I like it. Certainly worth it, imo. As I've argued elsewhere, perhaps it lacks the moisturising properties of, say, Proraso. But in fairness, it only comprises alcohol, menthol and fragrance .

It does tone the skin, though; and the smell has quite a bit longevity - more like an edc than an after shave. I do get the resemblance to Aventus by Creed; but I think (uh-oh, pos. heresy alert) it's nicer (not a fan of Aventus).

So, yup. Treat yourself; I'm interested enough to try the others. Maybe Clean Vetiver (as I have VAD) or the American Blend.

Thanks for asking (apologies to moderators for sticking this in SOTD).

Stephen.

20160830_213923.jpg
Evening All,
Night shave (longer in bed tomorrow)

Pre: Face wash with Clinique Charcoal and a soupcon of Proraso Green Pre-Shave
Soap: The Fat
Brush: Semogue 1470
Razor: U.S. 1912 pat. Ever Ready SE
Blade: Personna Gem #1
Face lather, cold water rinse between passes
Post: alum block, Thayer's Rose and Aloe Vera, Proraso White a/s lotion
Smell: Penhaligon Endymion Cologne (small spritz on the wrist)
Music: Bach, The Art of Fugue

The alum made its presence felt tonight, especially at the side of the neck. No irritation at all, though. Good to get a boar brush wired into the Fat. They take a bit breaking in, but when they're there, they are the business. Blooming nicely with tips getting softer; yet retaining enough backbone to work into the face. Loads of shiny, slick cushioning from the Fat. The 1912 glid through it. The only sensation was that toast-scraping sound you get from these fellows.

Smooth and soft: typical post-Fat feeling on the skin.

Hope this finds you and yours all well.

Stephen.

Last edited:
View attachment 20443
Evening All,
Night shave (longer in bed tomorrow)

Pre: Face wash with Clinique Charcoal and a soupcon of Proraso Green Pre-Shave
Soap: The Fat
Brush: Semogue 1470
Razor: U.S. 1912 pat. Ever Ready SE
Blade: Personna Gem #1
Face lather, cold water rinse between passes
Post: alum block, Thayer's Rose and Aloe Vera, Proraso White a/s lotion
Smell: Penhaligon Endymion Cologne (small spritz on the wrist)
Music: Bach, The Art of Fugue

The alum made its presence felt tonight, especially at the side of the neck. No irritation at all, though. Good to get a boar brush wired into the Fat. They take a bit breaking in, but when they're there, they are the business. Blooming nicely with tips getting softer; yet retaining enough backbone to work into the face. Loads of shiny, slick cushioning from the Fat. The 1912 glid through it. The only sensation was that toast-scraping sound you get from these fellows.

Smooth and soft: typical post-Fat feeling on the skin.

Hope this finds you and yours all well.

Stephen.
You've got to love the fat!

DSC_0297_zpsiogyevxf.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine...:cool:

Hot Water prep & massage with Argan Oil
GAEL Solingen Extra Hollow 6/8th
Kent BK2 Pure Badger
Valobra Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Lovely Cool Summer Evening Shave with My GAEL Solingen 6/8th..This is a High End Version of the much Acclaimed GOTTA Superfine 6/8th that was Made for the Spanish Market..I Have a GOTTA 6/8th & its a Darn Fine Shaver as Well..The GAEL has a Far Thinner Grind..This SR must be the Lightest SR that I have..The Grind is Like Paper..Looks More Like a Sorta Aircraft Alloy than Carbon Steel..These Must be Very Rare as I have Never Seen another One..Oh..Man..What a Sweet Sweet Shaver..;)

I am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom