SOTD Saturday 13th to Friday 19th August 2016

Blademonkey

Supporter
Supporter
image.jpg SOTD Saturday 13th August 2016. Good morning shaving room.
Shave kit today....Gellette fat boy 1960, setting number four, new Astra SP blade, tabac shave soap, omega boar brush, tabac EDC. Thayers witch hazel.
Normal routine of shower, fully hydrated, bloom water rubbed in to beard and whipped up a fantastic lather in my bowl. Normal three pass shave, no dramas, as smooth as I like it.
Splash of witch hazel followed by a few dabs of EDC behind my ears, back of neck.
Good shave, feeling great, all ready to go! Whishing you a fab weekend, over and out.

View attachment 20169 SOTD Saturday 13th August 2016. Good morning shaving room.
Shave kit today....Gellette fat boy 1960, setting number four, new Astra SP blade, tabac shave soap, omega boar brush, tabac EDC. Thayers witch hazel.
Normal routine of shower, fully hydrated, bloom water rubbed in to beard and whipped up a fantastic lather in my bowl. Normal three pass shave, no dramas, as smooth as I like it.
Splash of witch hazel followed by a few dabs of EDC behind my ears, back of neck.
Good shave, feeling great, all ready to go! Whishing you a fab weekend, over and out.
Fine kit, Sir. Fine kit...☺

Good Morning Everyone
Today's proceedings:

Pre: Warm shower, Clinique Face Wash
Brush: Semogue 1470
Soap: Cella
Razor: Eversharp Schick Injector G
Blade: Schick Injector (from China)
Post: alum, Thayer's Rose and Aloe Vera Witch Hazel and a splash of Proraso Green a/s.
Music: Neroli by Brian Eno

No irritation whatsoever today. A somewhat lighter touch, in light of the Schick's (relative) slight more aggression. Great cushioning from the Cella. 3 passes and suitably dolphin-esque. Might go for some 4711 splash today, given the choice of music.

Have a fantastic day, folks.20160813_085725.jpg

Good Morning Everyone
Today's proceedings:

Pre: Warm shower, Clinique Face Wash
Brush: Semogue 1470
Soap: Cella
Razor: Eversharp Schick Injector G
Blade: Schick Injector (from China)
Post: alum, Thayer's Rose and Aloe Vera Witch Hazel and a splash of Proraso Green a/s.
Music: Neroli by Brian Eno

No irritation whatsoever today. A somewhat lighter touch, in light of the Schick's (relative) slight more aggression. Great cushioning from the Cella. 3 passes and suitably dolphin-esque. Might go for some 4711 splash today, given the choice of music.

Have a fantastic day, folks.View attachment 20170
Great choice of music with your shave.

13th August 2016.
Saturday Shave..JPG
Shaving recipe for today.
  • warm shower./ Imperial Leather Peppermint & Eucalyptus shower gel. / warm wet flannel to my face.
  • Razor: Parker 99R.
  • Blade:Gillette 7o'Clock SharpEdge. (1)
  • Brush: Semogue 1470.
  • Soap:Grated Palmolive shave sticks ceramic bowl. + 4 drops of glycerin in mixing bowl.
  • Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.
  • Witch Hazel.
  • A/S: David Beckham Instinct.
  • After yesterday's best shave i've ever had since DE shaving i carried on with 99r & 7o'Clock SharpEdge blade combo, another superb silky smooth no irritation shave, neally equal to yesterday's performance:)..a nice shave to start my weekend off..enjoy your day.:cool:

Praise be to Denali...!

Bit more beard growth than usual but Denali - yet again - provided a wonderful shaving experience. I'm convinced that this is (for me) the most consistently good shave cream/soap/croap of all those that I've tried.
Myrsol Blue was a very nice splash to go with it.

Everything else was pretty much the same as my last few shaves...but I also arrived at one other conclusion, and made one discovery this morning:

The other conclusion: the coal tar face wash straight after the last pass is definitely worth it.

The discovery: Cien Bodycare Aloe Vera Bath Soap (well under £1 for 4 bars at Lidl) is excellent and is probably going to become my first choice of shower soap once my remaining few bars of Musgo Real soap (at around £6 a bar!) have gone. Musgo may be a quality brand, but in practice, the Cien stuff actually seemed better. The do an unscented sensitive bar too. No brainer. (The money I save will go towards buying the more expensive Glyce soaps for pre-shave...I'm not a complete heathen:cool:)

shave 1.jpg

Praise be to Denali...!

Bit more beard growth than usual but Denali - yet again - provided a wonderful shaving experience. I'm convinced that this is (for me) the most consistently good shave cream/soap/croap of all those that I've tried.
Myrsol Blue was a very nice splash to go with it.

Everything else was pretty much the same as my last few shaves...but I also arrived at one other conclusion, and made one discovery this morning:

The other conclusion: the coal tar face wash straight after the last pass is definitely worth it.

The discovery: Cien Bodycare Aloe Vera Bath Soap (well under £1 for 4 bars at Lidl) is excellent and is probably going to become my first choice of shower soap once my remaining few bars of Musgo Real soap (at around £6 a bar!) have gone. Musgo may be a quality brand, but in practice, the Cien stuff actually seemed better. The do an unscented sensitive bar too. No brainer. (The money I save will go towards buying the more expensive Glyce soaps for pre-shave...I'm not a complete heathen:cool:)

View attachment 20173
Your right about the Cien Aloe Vera Bath Soap..it's not the frugal way price either..it's good stuff,as you say it no brainer..for us not complete heathen's:D..enjoy your weekend, and take it easy.Regards.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom