SOTD Saturday 13th to Friday 19th August 2016

DSC_0404_zpsewytyewd.jpg

Three Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Herder Constant Solingen Full Hollow 6/8th
Hans Baier Silver Tip
Valobra Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Has a Wonderful Shave Today with My Herder Solingen 6/8th..This Stainless Steel Blade SR is Way Different to My Stainless Steel Henkels Fioudur Solingen 7/8th..The Herder hasn't as Thin a Grind as the Full Hollow Henkels Fioudur & For Me is a Far More Forgiving Shaver..In Fact..I Feel that I Can Do No wrong with the Herder..I Find the Henkels Fioudur Scary by Comparison & it Requires a Lot More Attention to Use..:eek:

I Have Read on Some Forums a Stainless Steel SR Doesn't Take or Hold an Edge as Well as a Carbon Steel Blade...I Wouldn't Know about Modern Stainless SRs But this Auld Herder has One Keen Edge & a Very Smooth & Forgiving Shaver..;)

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy
Great looking razor billy, just how many have you got?

Today's midday shave (a little extra beard):

Usual Glyce soap prep
Myrsol Emulsion
P&B Spitfire - first use of a sample
Plissoft
Fat Boy set at 1 + new Derby blade (still experimenting)
Coal Tar soap wash and cold rinse
Allume di rocca (OK it's just alum but it sounds kinda cool)
D.R. Harris Arlington AS
Nivea post balm
shave.jpg

Nice shave - the Spitfire seemed a little less substantial than Denali (which everyone by now probably knows is my no.1 soap at the moment). Maybe I used too little (or I tend to use too much Denali) though it did lather well in the scuttle. Nice coconut scent.
The Fat Boy worked really well with the Derby - I only needed 2 passes and a little touching up here and there, but it felt like I was using a much sharper blade...no drag whatsoever. The Arlington for me is up their with Fine American Blend as a great lotion. I used the Nivea again as post balm because it's simply excellent at what it does without having any kind of scent.

Today's midday shave (a little extra beard):

Usual Glyce soap prep
Myrsol Emulsion
P&B Spitfire - first use of a sample
Plissoft
Fat Boy set at 1 + new Derby blade (still experimenting)
Coal Tar soap wash and cold rinse
Allume di rocca (OK it's just alum but it sounds kinda cool)
D.R. Harris Arlington AS
Nivea post balm
View attachment 20262

Nice shave - the Spitfire seemed a little less substantial than Denali (which everyone by now probably knows is my no.1 soap at the moment). Maybe I used too little (or I tend to use too much Denali) though it did lather well in the scuttle. Nice coconut scent.
The Fat Boy worked really well with the Derby - I only needed 2 passes and a little touching up here and there, but it felt like I was using a much sharper blade...no drag whatsoever. The Arlington for me is up their with Fine American Blend as a great lotion. I used the Nivea again as post balm because it's simply excellent at what it does without having any kind of scent.
I am pleased to see you are getting on with your fat boy!

View attachment 20259 SOTD Friday 19th August 2016.

Prep...shower
Pre shave...bloom water
Razor...Hone type 15
Brush...Kent BK8
Blade...Astra SP #2
Soap...MWF
Post shave...thayers AF WH
EDT...tabac

A late but great shave from the Hone + Astra, three passes and a little clean up and all done, a splash of WH followed by spray of Tabac, a great scent, good to go!
Whishing you a fantastic Friday, Over and out.

Truly a great photo Paul. You seem to enjoy a variety of razors from the "mild" to the "wild". Bravo.

Back
Top Bottom