SOTD : Saturday 13th July - Friday 19th July

SOTD : 16th JULY 2019.

3.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Semogue 830.

Face Lather.

Frankensoap : Scottish Fine Shaving Soap & Williams Shaving Mug Soap. (Grated)

Blade: Super-Max ~ Blue Diamond Titanium coated .(2)

Razor: Parker 24C.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./Superdrug ~ Sierran Breeze ASL.

Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

The Parker 24C is a mild, yet efficient open comb razor. Open comb razors have a reputation of been aggressive, they can be, but any razor can, which is misleading, i find them very smooth & efficient,and match up really well with most DE blades, the only thing which i find you have to do with the parker 24C as with all my parker razors is to use a steeper shaving angle, which was a little awkward at first, but once i trained my mind to adjust ,i've been rewarded with some sublime shaves.

A wonderfully smooth 3 pass + pick ups near bbs shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.
;)
;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:
:cool:

Last edited:
Date:- 16 July 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Brush:- Edwin Jagger Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/58mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wickham 1912 ~ Cashmere
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- EJ 3ONE6 Knurled / Astra Superior Platinum #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Jean Paul Gaultier Ultra Male

• Schick Krona
  • Rapira Platinum Lux
  • NOM Black Fibre
  • Elly's Wondershop - Shamans Flight
  • Loris E182
A nice shaver that Krona, and a steal for less then 7 euro ;-) The soap has better smell performance than the Banana soap did, the smell is still there in the foam, albeit quite diminished. It does leave your face feeling well treated, in that aspect these are fine soaps.

How was the Clubman? Worth running down the shops for? [emoji3]

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
First impressions with the Clubman were very positive. Pleasant smell and a good creamy lather and for 69p a real bargain. I noticed later on though that my cheeks looked a bit blushy. I've never really had a reaction to any shave soap so I'm not 100% the Clubman's to blame but it was coincidental.
I'll post results on that next time.

16/7/19

Brush - Oumo Flat Top Boar (25mm knot, 68mm loft)
Soap - Arko
Razor - Mingshi Futur Clone
Blade - Treet Classic
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Benjamins Bay Rum Mentholated

First time using my new Oumo Flat top boar today. I'd seen brushes with flat top knots and I'd been intrigued by them and the lure seemed to be too strong to avoid when I saw Oumo were offering boar knots in such a configuration. It took a while to get the knot glued into the handle and 'defunked', so I finally got around to using it for today's shave.
So how did it perform? I was expecting it to be on the floppier side of things considering how high the loft is in relation to the knot width but that was far from the reality, as I think down to the flat shape of the knot it doesn't really splay too easily, well it wasn't the easiest to splay to begin with. The bristles themselves have very soft tips though, and seemed to be reasonably efficient and not too much of a lather eater. Boars always take a number of shaves to fully assess so I'll give it a few more before I fully assess the brush's performance.
The produced was decent enough though, but I do think I loaded up a bit too much soap though. I'd not used the Mingshi Futur clone for a while and I remembered why I don't use it. It's far too mild at the lower settings and increasing the blade gap leads to a loss of smoothness, which is what I did for the 2nd/3rd passes and managed to pick up a nick above my lip, which lead to another first - using a Alum Matchstick which are a little weird but seem to do the job.

16/07/19
Pre shave prep: Pears Original Transparent
Brush: Omega 63185 Pure Badger
Soap: CR Salter Sandalwood luxury cream
Razor: Feather AC SS Clone
Blade: Chinese AC Blade (1)
Post Shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Bay Rum Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Balm Rosemary and Sandalwood Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic

SS, CRS, Om (1).jpg

A tentative but nice shave today using the Feather Clone and Chinese AC Blade.
A great lather from the CR Salter although I am not sure about this Omega brush, it seems to be getting softer, still nice on the face though.
A DFS, not quite BBS but very acceptable, I did get a tiny weeper at the end on my chin which stopped when I stuck the NIK stick on it (Be prepared ;)).
So 2 Passes 1st pass mainly WTG and the 2nd pass mainly XTG with touches of ATG, after the weeper I decided not to go any further. Hey, still a DFS and a damn fine effort, well happy.
Now then blabbing off yesterday about how well I was doing with the Alum Block came back at me today, the sting went very quickly:eek: and I am sure it is down to my technique even though the blade is not that sharp, it may improve as my technique gets better.
Bart's to the rescue again, I have put in an order for some of the full bottles as I love the stuff.
A splash - Yikes - of the Classic Old Spice leaving me pretty pleased with myself.

Tips of the day
1. Try everything at least once (shaving related)
2. Check out this outlet. https://safetyrazors.co.uk/

I just picked up this lot for £50 straight.
20190716_110051.jpg

The MWF and refill is the bargain of the week @ £17.75 for both full jar and refill. He is running low on all stock and has a 30% discount (summer30) on at the moment. The alum blocks are already reduced and are 125g (massive).
Callum is a great lad and is only 15 mins away from me, help keep this small business running lads.
He also has some Vintage razors which he is cataloging at present.
Have a great afternoon All.

Last edited:
40th birthday shave

Bulldog Sensitive face wash / shower
Razorock Bruce synth brush
Executive Shaving handmade bowl
Eufros GEA soap
ATT M1 Kronos
GSB
Wholly Kaw ‘Man From Mayfair' after shave toner

Thanks Rob @Blackmass for the soap and toner gifts. Toner seems to work better for me than balms. That soap has slick magical properties and face feels great after toner. I think this was the best shave of my entire life!

DD0A4E08-D552-41DB-91E7-938C65B7EE51.jpeg

40th birthday shave

Eufros GEA soap
ATT M1 Kronos
GSB

Thanks Rob @Blackmass for the soap and toner gifts. Toner seems to work better for me than balms. That soap has slick magical properties and face feels great after toner. I think this was the best shave of my entire life!

View attachment 45647

Many happy returns @dave79
Hope you have a great day!
One or two shaving related prezzies?

40th birthday shave

Eufros GEA soap
ATT M1 Kronos
GSB

View attachment 45647
Happy Birthday Dave , have a great day.

40th birthday shave

Eufros GEA soap
ATT M1 Kronos
GSB

View attachment 45647

Happy Birthday Dave. Many thanks for the tag, much appreciated. Glad you like the soap and toner.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheers
Rob

Back
Top Bottom