Shave of the day. 15th July.

Prep ~ MWF Bath soap
Razor ~ Carbon Shaving Co - Cx
Blade ~ NOS Personna Med Prep
Soap ~ MWF
Brush ~ SOC Badger & Boar
Post ~ Bart's - Lavender aftershave lotion
Scent ~ Mancera - Cedrat Boise

Half way through my one month soap challange and I will finish it come hell or high water! Bloody good soap though! :)

Have a nice day folks...........P.

Last edited:
SOTD 20190715.

olCt9PH.jpg

J&T® katalox / OUMO Brush imitation silvertip synth.
TFS "Sotto la Mole" shaving soap (sample).
Timeless Ti 0.68 OC / Stork Ti Anaconda" handle.
Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge (1).
Novaya Zarya "Flower of Brocard" EdC.

View attachment 45611

Shave of the day. 15th July.

Prep ~ MWF Bath soap
Razor ~ Carbon Shaving Co - Cx
Blade ~ NOS Personna Med Prep
Soap ~ MWF
Brush ~ SOC Badger & Boar
Post ~ Bart's - Lavender aftershave lotion
Scent ~ Mancera - Cedrat Boise

Half way through my one month soap challange and I will finish it come he'll or high water! Bloody good soap though! :)

Have a nice day folks...........P.

And a happy MWF user noted

Monday's Shave and a belter it was too :)

Preshave : Heno de Pravia
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Manna di Sicilia
Brush: Zenith Synthetic
Razor: The Beautiful Paradigm Ti2
Blade: Feather - Just revisiting the Feather as used one when I first started and it was a blood bath , Nice Shave this Morning with it.
Balm: Barts Wonderful Amber and Moroccan Jasmine
EDT: Copycat Executive

Monday3.jpg

SOTD Monday 15 July 2019

Pre-shave: Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap, and cold water splash.
Soap: Martin de Candre Fougere.
Brush: Simpsons Duke 2 - Best Badger.
Bowl: NA.
Razor: Pils 101NE.
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (2).
Post: Cold water, Myrsol "Metilsol" Astringent, Ibiza Aloe - Aloe Vera Gel..
EDT: Kiehl's Musk.

A very plesant shave this mornng; 2 passes with no issues to report. On Friday through Sunday, shaved with the Blackland Dart, also loaded with a Yellow; the Friday and Saturday shaves were excellent - Sunday's shave was OK, some issues with my neck on the second pass, which was XTG - not sure why, other than technique.

As there was not much to shave off this morning the Pils was a good choice; I am not sure if the Dart is a good daily driver for me. While I get great shaves, sometimes I feel it is a bit too much for my skin.

The Gillette Yellow's are a change for me, my normal DE shave blade wise is a combination of Silver Blues, Feather or Astra SP (Green) with the ocassional Kai thrown in. I am enjoying the Yellow's and will try and stick with those for a while.

All the best,

Chris

15/07/19
Pre shave prep: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Soap: OSP Orange and Patchouli
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: GEM PTFE (6)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel with added oils
Balm: Bart's Lime Balm & Lotion
A/S: OSP Orange and Patchouli

Sab, O&P, YSF 2.jpg

A lovely shave today, everything worked well. My face is standing up well to the daily shaving routine and my technique must have improved 10 fold. I now practically know very mm of my face and the growth pattern of my stubble. I have no issues with any of my razors and blade combinations I use. i have hardly had any indications from the alum block for a while, only when i know i have had a concentration lapse.
I know my beard is not that strong these days, it is greying and a lot softer than when I was younger, but hey, those are the breaks, every cloud and all that.
So again a BBS finish, feeling and smelling good.;)

Icing on the cake, posty brought my Chinese Feather AC SS clone, 1st impressions are very good, approx. £10 with 10 blades delivered from Hong Kong in less than a fortnight. I fancied one after using and enjoying a Feather AC DX i traded for an unused Straight on TSR BST.
I am waiting for a Kamisori knife - i think that one was under £6.50 delivered, the Mad prices of Ali-express(y).
It may get a run out tomorrow?

20190715_134516.jpg

Have a great afternoon All

Sotd=15-7-19.jpg

Sotd - Sunday the 14th and Monday the 15th - both the same -

Razor - Rockwell - 4 plate - ES ss handle
blade - Lodz Polsilver - (8 & 9)
brush - Stirling two-band fan badger
soap - Stirling 'Nag Champa' tallow
post - witch hazel
a/s - OSP - 'Orange and Patchouli'
balm - Arran Aromatics - 'Bay Citrus'
scent - Hermes - 'Eau D'Orange Verte.'

Result - Good enough to be repeated.

I like patchouli - which is probably just as well - given the fact these shaves were totally geared to that end - how much more patchouli? - none more - that's how much. When I met my other half on Sunday - her opening gambit was - 'you smell like a hippy - no offence' - none taken - granted - in fairness - there was more than a whiff of Jerry Garcia's backpocket about me. The Stirling soap is 'Woodstock in a tub' - rich, heady and strongly scented - it would probably not work for those with sensitive skin - the only thing that comes close is PAA 'Harvest Moon' - the former just wins out for me - due to the Stirling tallow soap base - not by much though. Despite the name of the Hermes edt - the base is patchouli and oakmoss - a unisex classic for a reason. Job done - I don't have enough hair anymore to look like a hippy but I sure as shit can smell like one - and I've seen the Grateful Dead live - apparently - its a bit hazy to be honest - ha ha. Peace - enjoy your week - I.

Back
Top Bottom