SOTD : Saturday 13th July - Friday 19th July

SOTD 15/07 - Chiseled Face Cryogen ; Razorock 400 ; Timeless Bronze Open Comb ; Vintage Wilkinson Sword

190715-SOTD.jpg

Monday AM 2019-07-15

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Elite Razor Chubby 2 Speckled Amber Manchurian White (26/50)
Art of Shaving Sandalwood shaving soap (tallow)
Delta Echo Feather AS-D2 (Ink Edition)/UFO Kaiser Red Bronze
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (7)
Art of Shaving Sandalwood aftershave lotion (balm)

The soap easily made excellent lather with the great brush, but it had the same prominent underlying clay scent that I remembered and don't really like. I will add Coate's sandalwood cream to it next time, which I hope will improve the fragrance. The balm, while quite soothing, had an faint but unpleasant sour odor, completely unlike sandalwood. Perhaps it had just been sitting around too long; it was unsealed and open when I bought it. I'll try it one more time, but if it smells the same it will be thrown out.
ibX9kzZ.jpg

15/07/19
Pre shave prep: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Soap: OSP Orange and Patchouli
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: GEM PTFE (6)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel with added oils
Balm: Bart's Lime Balm & Lotion
A/S: OSP Orange and Patchouli

View attachment 45623

A lovely shave today, everything worked well. My face is standing up well to the daily shaving routine and my technique must have improved 10 fold. I now practically know very mm of my face and the growth pattern of my stubble. I have no issues with any of my razors and blade combinations I use. i have hardly had any indications from the alum block for a while, only when i know i have had a concentration lapse.
I know my beard is not that strong these days, it is greying and a lot softer than when I was younger, but hey, those are the breaks, every cloud and all that.
So again a BBS finish, feeling and smelling good.;)

Icing on the cake, posty brought my Chinese Feather AC SS clone, 1st impressions are very good, approx. £10 with 10 blades delivered from Hong Kong in less than a fortnight. I fancied one after using and enjoying a Feather AC DX i traded for an unused Straight on TSR BST.
I am waiting for a Kamisori knife - i think that one was under £6.50 delivered, the Mad prices of Ali-express(y).
It may get a run out tomorrow?

View attachment 45625

Have a great afternoon All
If you had to choose between the Sabre and the Vector as your only SE, which would you choose?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

If you had to choose between the Sabre and the Vector as your only SE, which would you choose?

Hi @Boycie83,
I could not choose, they are both so different, The Vector is the best AC bladed SE razor i have and probably my favourite razor, saying that, i get great smiles and satisfaction from using the 1912 vintage models, The Sabre brings that vintage type of shave bang up to date.
They are at each end of a spectrum, saying all that, i know i do not need any other SE razors for my collection ( i may go for something obscure) but i am really happy with both, and would wholeheartedly recommend both.
Its would be down to what the OP wants and needs.
Not very clear i know but i hope it helps.
T
Update,
Buy both like I did o_O

Last edited:
Hi @Boycie83,
I could not chose, they are both so different, The Vector is the best AC bladed SE razor i have and probably my favourite razor, saying that, i get great smiles and satisfaction from using the 1912 vintage models, The Sabre brings that vintage type of shave bang up to date.
They are at each end of a spectrum, saying all that, i know i do not need any other SE razors for my collection ( i may go for something obscure) but i am really happy with both, and would wholeheartedly recommend both.
Its would be down to what the OP wants and needs.
Not very clear i know but i hope it helps.
T
Update,
Buy both like I did o_O
It was your SOTDs that convinced me to add some SEs to my collection. I have the ER 1912, Hawk V2 and a Supply V1 (and the Oneblade, if that counts). With the exception of the Oneblade, they're all on the 'to use' list once I've worked through my collection of DEs.

There's a lust in me every time I see your Vector though. I was just curious if you had a preferred of the two as the Sabre is also a good looking razor.

Monday evening

OSP Barbershop
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm synth
Face lather
MÜHLE R41 on iKon OSS
Gillette Silver Blue #1
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Fine American Blend

A knock-out shave this evening. The GSB is a perfect partner for the beast that is the R41. Efficient, smooth and effortless. No touch-ups or buffing necessary; BBS after three glorious passes (yes, two would have done but...well, y'know).

CE1BD501-8724-471B-A098-AEB4EF93FE08.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom