SOTD Saturday 12th November to Friday 18th November 2016

Planned SOTD Saturday.

- Blue Tip
- Kai blade
- EJ Silver Tip Synthetic
- Route 66 Sweeny Todd / Bowl lather
- Nieva balm
- Stirling Gin & Tonic A/S

Despite the Blue Tip mild manner I can achieve a very close shave with an aggressive blade.

aGWkQNPuZYk1w9YqGuhy12n6h3vVwU4VWzfCsycWq9K36mAv-5ai7JJzD9mXJ6da9yacdAATOth0K6Kgv_tQaaRpdy-GZaVcFxZFOkeOHeslZtz8s_x9PnAzSNyfcWwn_05y4Rs06zdd3OVvr51YKxgfouxLCllMF-nRXhWLyYC3gEi7d0Cv6JslEIxz_DwfZDsM9K_nsdJAlN_6MhGLFeS4bhBpBeiy4XK47w8xbyDKOrzWv6VYE_Ytk4fQeFZ49UVSJcmjx22HOnJjtfBwUmP9ofH28CODsv5I4ABHrgLKhYOl6WffIC18Uw2UwfD-geKQi4jPwrYxCeoAK-Idk83Vst4oeh4m_Q6MJnf5yyHVejBvdlk2unbC3fYU_EZ8IsMasUfse20hahmpMHBLY95C1HSIJyvbnPeZIMJ5aYA0ffeDTlicRH6LwtfMY3jjn3l6d5TORfsRAj21yafXlIXTBA1N5CEjiXCKc7mIdicaz8HKW1upwx33rVywzIr5FXhGcAYfm8C_zXMBVvl5UvAf0rf--_TlZatNDjhYJI3Wbtb3mOuYdoXcJNatW1AmoiH0xF31LU-cakIXSV0DSCl11bmYH0jsI7JW_M8K-NSC_BoX=w904-h678-no

141922ac7ce91517e8470125183c12d1.jpg

SOTD: 11/16/2016 - "Fear Not, For I Am With Thee"

Pre: Hot shower
Soap: Soap Commander "Courage" (him) and "Ambition" (me)
Brush: Brushguy "Noah" silver tip (me) & Bevel 2-band (him)
Razor: West Coast Shaving OC on Barber Pole stainless handle (me) & Bevel DE (him)

My wife and I have the privilege and pleasure of hosting our nephew before we take him to the Missionary Training Center today. He flew in from Wisconsin yesterday and he'll be heading to Argentina at the end of the year. My thoughts this morning were akin to Isaiah 41:10 - "Fear thou not, for I am with thee: be not dismayed for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."
God speed, Elder G. You'll do great work for the people in Argentina.

Be smooth and shave it up, everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

48f654b18aca40b3f2fdc61cfe020d09.jpg

Erasmic shave soap was the first one I bought, around a year ago when I first tried out traditional shaving, and to date it's the only soap I've managed to finish as I found a whole new world of stuff to buy, you are all in some way to blame ha ha.

With this I mind I thought I'd give it another go see how it compares to the other soaps I've tried this year and while I'm at see what else I had that was cheap but works really well. The reason I started shaving like this in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wednesday AM 2016-11-16

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney 1/1 Finest (22mm/46mm)
Colgate Barber shaving soap (vintage) + Hermès Terre d'Hermès shaving cream
Delta Echo Feather AS-D2/Triad Corinthian
Polsilver Super Iridium (4)
Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel aftershave
CmryyrE.jpg
+1 on the Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel aftershave & the Polsilver Super Iridium blades. both are excellent products.;)

IMG_0775.JPG

Pre Shave: Hot Shower and Proraso Green
Razor: Gillette New
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (3)
Brush: ToBs Badger brush
Cream: L'Occitane Cade
Balm: Nivea Original Replenishing

First shave with a Gillette New that I picked up on eBay, it cleaned up well but the plating is worn on the combs and some other parts of the razor. It shaved very well and I was quite pleased for a first shave with this razor, one tiny weeper that disappeared between passes. Not sure if I should just leave the razor as it is or get it re-plated, the 1940's Gillette Tech I have looks almost unused but this razor has obviously served someone very well for many a shave, I wonder how many shaves it takes to wear the plating down. Will give the razor a few more shaves before I decide, £40 odd re-plating a razor could be spent on a few other things and I kinda like the fact it is worn, I doubt I will wear it down much more.

Back
Top Bottom