SOTD Saturday 12th November to Friday 18th November 2016

1912 is the patent year, in fact 27th February 1912.
Yes I saw the patent date on the underside of the razor (1912) .i think it's great that razors like these can still be used today, shaving with a touch of style and a sense of history. I'm getting into shaving with SE razors now, I like the Gem blades and the injector blades ,my DE razors are feeling neglected! :)

DSC_0437_zps34m35bxw.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
John Nesbitt Sheffield 1/2 Hollow 6/8th ( Freshly Honed )
French Fitchard Pure Badger
Valobra Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I had a Shave Today with My Freshly Honed John Nesbitt Sheffield 6/8th..It Took the Finest of edges & its One Serious Smooth Shaver..Its a Very Heavy Blade with a Thick Spine & the Etching on the Blade is Perfect..This Razor Glints like a Mirror..I Had a Wonderful Shave Today..o_O

I am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy

DSC_0437_zps34m35bxw.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
John Nesbitt Sheffield 1/2 Hollow 6/8th ( Freshly Honed )
French Fitchard Pure Badger
Valobra Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I had a Shave Today with My Freshly Honed John Nesbitt Sheffield 6/8th..It Took the Finest of edges & its One Serious Smooth Shaver..Its a Very Heavy Blade with a Thick Spine & the Etching on the Blade is Perfect..This Razor Glints like a Mirror..I Had a Wonderful Shave Today..o_O

I am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy
That blade is spanking mate, nice one. :)

Prep - Noxzema / Hot towel
Pre shave - Proraso
Razor – Weber ARC
Blade – Astra S/P
Brush - 'Jade' (Rooney Heritage 2XL Jade)
Soap – L&L Marshlands
Post - Witch Hazel, Trevarno Revitalising Face Oil

foolishly, I rushed my prep, and the SP felt tuggy when it came to shaving my problem spots, and caused some irritation.. The Marshlands, however, provided a very fine lather, with a wonderful smooth, and soft, post shave feel. A couple of drops of the Trevarno Revitalising Face Oil to finish off, and I'm good to go..

My first use of MWF soap, second with the handsome G4 with vintage Personna resulted in a pretty underwhelming shave. Not particularly impressed with the Wool Fat and the cutting ability of this blade in this razor was not up there with the best. I set aside both and finished the head shave with the Plus Platinum equipped PAL Adjustable and my own shave gel with much better results.

70b89559c29d62df36c57460cf8ca501.jpg

Back
Top Bottom