SOTD : Saturday 10th March - Friday 16th March 2018

SOTD

Prep: Shower, Birch Tar Soap
Razor: Eskimo (Blue Lapis)
Blade: Lodz Polsilver
Soap: Cyril R Salter Solid Shaving Soap (Tallow )
Brush: Omega 011829 Boar
Post: Taylor of Old Bond St - Jermyn St Collection - Alcohol Free Aftershave
Scent: Afrika Olifant by Nishane

A very close and good shave with the Eskimo set to 3 and paired with the fantastic Lodz Polsilver helped along with the wonderful Cyril R Salter Tallow soap. Finnished off with a few sprays of Afrika Olifant perfume extract , a lovely Sunday morning shave.

To all you mother's out there,
Enjoy your day... .:) P.

Last edited:
5_CDDF3_D1-_ECC6-47_EA-_AD5_E-5_C15_EB8966_E3.jpg

Rocca & Nacet
YaQi Space
OSP Fougere

Good, quick tidy-up this morning before driving home from London. Had a great evening at the Country 2 Country festival in the O2 last night. Fantastic performances from some I haven't listened to and some I have. The atmosphere was immense and everyone was so gracious and happy to be there. A real community!

Oh, yeah, no nicks/weepers etc this morning.

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Omega 49 Boar
Cream: Body Shop Maca Root
Razor: Leresche 34
Blade: Treet Durasharp
IMG_20180311_091656.jpg

Even though it's incredibly light at no time are you tempted to apply pressure with this great little razor.
It also made me contemplate the modern concept that for a razor to be durable it must be made from steel, titanium or a remnant from a spaceship crash in area 51.
An aluminium razor from the 1950s seems to pooh-pooh this sales pitch.
Anyway I digress, this was a very enjoyable shave which left me as smooth as the flight path of Alan Shepard's golf ball.
Enjoy your Sunday's.

Greetings

Sunday 11th March 2018
Prep: Shower
Razor: Muhle R41 (2013)
Blade: Sharp Star
Brush: Vulfix / Cashmere
Soap: Tabac
Aftershave: Simple Moisteriser
EDP: L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme Intense

This is the 28th different blade I have single shave tested in this razor and I am hugely impressed with it; an easy shaving very smooth and at the same time still very sharp blade. I had never heard of these blades which I why I included them in my sample pack purchase, they are made in Moscow by Mostochlegmash (Rapira Voskhod etc) they are amongst the best I have tried.

Regards
Dick.

11.3.18.JPG

SOTD_20180311-1024x683.jpg

• Straight Razor: Saponificio Varesino - Leonardo da Vinci - Custom Koraat 6/8
  • Shaving Brush: Saponificio Varesino - 2.0 - Faux Horn (High Mountain White)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Faux Horn
  • Shaving Soap: Saponificio Varesino - Stella Alpina - Beta 4.2
  • After-Shave: Saponificio Varesino - Stella Alpina - Balm

SOTD_20180311-1024x683.jpg

• Straight Razor: Saponificio Varesino - Leonardo da Vinci - Custom Koraat 6/8
  • Shaving Brush: Saponificio Varesino - 2.0 - Faux Horn (High Mountain White)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Faux Horn
  • Shaving Soap: Saponificio Varesino - Stella Alpina - Beta 4.2
  • After-Shave: Saponificio Varesino - Stella Alpina - Balm
An amazing pic and set up Chris :)

Greetings

Sunday 11th March 2018
Prep: Shower
Razor: Muhle R41 (2013)
Blade: Sharp Star
Brush: Vulfix / Cashmere
Soap: Tabac
Aftershave: Simple Moisteriser
EDP: L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme Intense

This is the 28th different blade I have single shave tested in this razor and I am hugely impressed with it; an easy shaving very smooth and at the same time still very sharp blade. I had never heard of these blades which I why I included them in my sample pack purchase, they are made in Moscow by Mostochlegmash (Rapira Voskhod etc) they are amongst the best I have tried.

Regards
Dick.

View attachment 33936
This is the first time I have seen someone else use this brush! It was cheap from Amazon and lather very well I think it is a mix of boar and badger.

SOTD: 110318
SOTD110318resize 1.jpg

Blade: Schick Proline #2
Razor: Colonial Brass General
Soap: Pheonix & Beau Voluta
Brush: Black Anvil 24mm Custom with High Mountain White
EDT: Ferrari Bright Neroli

An awesome Mothers Day shave. The newly released soap is the best to date from P&B in my opinion. The scent is gorgeous highlighting the season ahead in a tub.

First use of the brush and the HMW has cloud soft tips and with the knot set at 50mm it still retains decent backbone. The amber and metallic in the handle glistens in the sun.

The General is a beast of a razor, extremely heavy but surprisingly nimble. Two passes and I have a super close shave.

Finished with the balm and the EDT that pairs perfectly with the soap.

Off to see my mother shortly then watching Wales V Italy in the rugby. I shall have a few beverages for you guys. :rolleyes:

Enjoy your shaves and your Sunday! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom