SOTD : Saturday 10th March - Friday 16th March 2018

SOTD: 100318
View attachment 33911

Blade: Lodz #1
Razor: Gibbs #15 Adjustable (On Loan @Digimonkey )
Brush: Semogue Boar
Soap: Eufros Rosas
EDP: Rose of Bulgaria

I feel anytime of year is good for rose, so today I used the eufros Rosas for the first time. A glorious soap filled with lovely scent and a beautiful thick and slick lather created with the Semogue.

It saddens me to say but it is time for my favourite DE razor to return home to its rightful owner.
I didn't really need to shave this morning but I had to get another one or two in ;).
It teamed up superbly with the Lodz. A 2 pass BBS shave.
(Avoiding the cuts that I received yesterday from a straight. :rolleyes:)

May I take this opportunity to sincerely thank you Iain for the extended loan, I am totally enabled and have loved every minute using it. You are a true gentleman.

Finished with Thayers and a generous helping of the EDP.

Enjoy your shaves and your weekend! :)

Wayne - the pleasure was all mine - I'm glad that I have helped you decide that you - really, really - need another razor. Ha ha ha. Yours - I.

Birthday SOTD!!View attachment 33906

Prep: hot shower. Face wash with pure glycerine soap.

Pre shave: John's #3 selfmade shave oil.

Soap: Razorock Tobacco #2.

Razor: Merkur Futur.

Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless.

Brush: Gentleman's Tonic Super Badger.

Bowl: Dead Man's Head.

Post Shave: Alum. Cold water rinse. Aloe Vera cream.

A quick squirt of Dior Sauvage and I'm feeling sexy!!
Happy birthday.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

I LOVE THIS J2 ADJUSTABLE !! It's so smooth you wonder if you've forgot to put the blade in.
First time using a “Barts Balm” product and it's very different to any aftershave lotion I've used. It has a lovely scent, this one is the Amber and Moroccan Jasmine. It has the consistency of a pre shave oil which I wasn't sure about but doesn't leave the skin greasy. It absorbs into the skin giving you a soft nourished feel to the skin. The scent sticks around too and at £5.99 it's well worth a try.
The yaqi brush is fantastic.
5330bac037bd6ab4955b0f255103daba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
What sort of longevity are you getting from the scent? I seem to manage up to 4 hours or round abouts.

I was unsure over the product at first, normally oils cause issues for me but this has been really good on my skin.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

Prep: Hot towel
Pre shave: Prep
Razor: Weber ARC
Blade: Permasharp
Brush: The 'Americana' (Shavemac 24/48 D01 2 Band)
Soap: Oleo Soapworks 'Rougére'
Post: Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / Barrister & Mann: Latha Taiga Post-Shave Splash

The 'Americana' brought out the best of 'Rougére' to produce an extremely enjoyable shave.. finished off with Xerjoff Alexandria.... because I'm worth it.. ;)

Saturday AM 2018-03-10

Georgetown Pottery G12 scuttle (Green Oribe & Purple)
Rooney 1/2 Ebony Finest #1 (24/52)
Art of Shaving Rose Absolute shaving cream
RazoRock Mamba/Stork Pinsk Titanium
Wilkinson Light Brigade (8)
Guerlain Habit Rouge aftershave
pANUgpD.jpg
Hi, I have seen very little of thus cream? What us it like, and is it highly scented? Thanks.

Happy birthday @Bikerjohn
Hello partners.
SOTD March 10, 2018.
4th day of the March Challenge
Pre: Oil Pre No. 1 of Jabonesbyluna.
Brush: Symoética Semogue Barbear Classico E.L
Soap: PANNACREMA Nuàvia rossa (Challenge March Foroafeitado).
Razor: Paradigm 17-4 SS and Gillette Silver Blue.
Shaving: C-L without retouching.
After: Myrsol Emulsion, After shave by Jabonesbyluna.
fullsizeoutput_530.jpg

The good reputation of the Gillette Silver Blue blades does not correspond with the results in my shaves, they do not rush me and I do not find them comfortable, the sensation that they give me is not to shave me but to tear off my beard. In fact I do not go hand to them when I choose blades. With me they do not work.
Finde with lots of water ideal for reading .....

Last edited:
Hello partners.
SOTD March 10, 2018.
4th day of the March Challenge
Pre: Oil Pre No. 1 of Jabonesbyluna.
Brush: Symoética Semogue Barbear Classico E.L
Soap: PANNACREMA Nuàvia rossa (Challenge March Foroafeitado).
Razor: Paradigm 17-4 SS and Gillette Silver Blue.
Shaving: C-L without retouching.
After: Myrsol Emulsion, After shave by Jabonesbyluna.
fullsizeoutput_530.jpg

The good reputation of the Gillette Silver Blue blades does not correspond with the results in my shaves, they do not rush me and I do not find them comfortable, the sensation that they give me is not to shave me but to tear off my beard. In fact I do not go hand to them when I choose blades. With me they do not work.
Finde with lots of water ideal for reading .....
Hi, just shows that every face is different. I am tempted to buy the soap you used today. I gather is wonderful, but I wonder if I would be paying for the lovely container I don't need! Shame they don't do a refiil.

Sat 10th Mar

Omega 11126 boar
De Vergulde hand
Schick Type 0 Clone
Schick Proline ( 9 )
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

After using an N3 with a Twin blade I switched to the O clone on a single blade.It May well be a copy but it Shaves smoothly and efficiently, and delivers an ultra close all round finish without any fuss.I should actually pay tribute to the little Omega boar brush which was one of my first purchases when I returned to proper shaving,has nice soft tips and is good to face lather and did not cost a lot either.

IMG_0021.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom