image.jpg ~SOTD~ 4th August Friday

Prep....long hot shower~ MWF soap
Razor....Ever Ready 1914 Travel Set
Blade....Vintage ER Corrux circa 1970
Soap....Saponifico Varesino ~ Stella Alpina
Brush....Razorock Synthetic Silvertip
Post....Thayers Rose petal, Jojoba oil
Scent....Tom Ford ~ Amber Absoloute, (copy) oil Mr Perfume

The shave I had from my ER 1914 yesterday was fantastic and then this one arrived in the post courtesy of @mpf9ret and its in fabulous condition so I couldnt resist another 1914 shave, thanks Mike. :)

I face lathered with the uber soft Razorock brush and the wonderful SV soap, those were the first of two great combos.
Then I set to with the 1914 & the Corrux, the second of the great combos and the shave was every bit as good as it was yesterday, everything worked together to produce a really close and I mean really close shave that was smooth and efortless and was left smooth skinned without any irritation just a great post shave skin feel.

Finnishing with a splash of Thayers followed up by Jojoba oil as a light moisturiser. Amber Absoloute perfume oil on my pulse points and I look good, smell divine and am ready for the day

Wishing you all a fabulous Friday.......:)

Last edited:
View attachment 27706 ~SOTD~ 4th August Friday

Prep....long hot shower~ MWF soap
Razor....Ever Ready 1914 Travel Set
Blade....Vintage ER Corrux circa 1970
Soap....Saponifico Varesino ~ Stella Alpina
Brush....Razorock Synthetic Silvertip
Post....Thayers Rose petal, Jojoba oil
Scent....Tom Ford ~ Amber Absoloute, (copy) oil Mr Perfume

The shave I had from my ER 1914 yesterday was fantastic and then this one arrived in the post courtesy of @mpf9ret and its in fabulous condition so I couldnt resist another 1914 shave, thanks Mike. :)

I face lathered with this uber soft Razorock brush and the wonderful SV soap, those were the first of two great combos.
Then I set to with the 1914 & the Corrux, the second of the great combos and the shave was every bit as good as it was yesterday, everything worked together to produce a really close and I mean really close shave that was smooth and efortless and was left smooth skinned without any irritation just a great post shave skin feel.

Finnishing with a splash of Thayers followed up by Jojoba oil as a light moisturiser. The Amber Absoloute on my pulse points and I look good, smell divine and am ready for the day

Wishing you all a fabulous Friday.......:)
Can't see your pic :( Off to work :(:(

SOTD: 03/08.17
View attachment 27702

Blade: Astra SP #1
Razor: Fat Boy (On Loan)
Soap: WSP Sandalwood
Brush: Maseto 30mm finest (Unfortunately I do not own an American made Brush:p)
EDT: Joop

Well my first time using the infamous Gillette fat boy and already I know what all the fuss is about.
After 3 days growth I decided to dial it in at #6 WTG #6 XTG and my final pass was#4 ATG.
The razor mowed down my growth without any problem on my first pass. I am extremely impressed by the vintage capabilities.
The result was a BBS shave that was so smooth and without cuts, weepers or any irritation.
So much so and although this is my first go with this razor, it is a must buy razor. :)
Really impressed with her performance.

The soap produced a good lather with a lovely sandalwood scent but if I had any criticism I would say that it lacks in a little slickness and cushion. YMMV.

The brush as usual performed its face lathering magic and finishing off with the Hazel and Balm I could not fault the shave.

Joop is an old skool scent that I still adore to this day.

Enjoy your shaves folks and take care,

Wayne.

+1 on the Joop
An unmistakable scent that has staying power.

Quick post this morning. @Blademonkey another run out with the Rocnel.

Went for a single pass as I wanted to keep my hand in with the Rocnel. A very decent shave other than I picked up a slight scratch running N to S on my neck.

The blade exposure on the Rocnel where parts of the GEM blade are exposed is the Achilles heel in this razor. While the scratches are down to technique, I feel that a blade guard to protect against the surface of the GEM blade from being able to make contact with the skin to scratching would make the razor bullet proof.

To my mind, Its such an obvious thing, when you compare the look and design of the Rocnel with classics GEM razors where there is no blade exposure, of that nature.

I'm beginning to think about applying some insulating tape to the exposed parts of the GEM spine after the blade is loaded and aligned. Or is that crazy talk, would that screw up the balance?

Still an excellent razor (YMMV).

All the best,

Chris

Greetings

Friday 4th August 2017
Prep: Shower
Razor: Ever Ready 1914 Lather Catcher
Blade: Ever Corrux Vintage
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Vitos Extra Super
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDP: Guerlain L'Heure Bleue

A really nice shave with this NOS blade many thanks to Blademonkey, I gave the blade 10 round laps on unpasted Horween Chromexcel and it certainly made the blade super smooth with a 'velvety' feel, if you can find some good ones (mine were crap) these are wonderful old blades and super face friendly.

I am now 100% sure that I like this brush less than the standard RazoRock Plissoft 24mm it is just a little too stiff and lacking in flex for me.

This shave also signaled the end of my Vitos Soap, barring the small amount I have given away, I have used the 1kg brick!

Regards
Dick.

4.8.17.JPG

8OYjptZ.jpg

Pre-Shave: @khun_diddy Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: MÜHLE Rocca
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: RudyVey Shavemac 2-band Silvertip
Lather: Stirling Scots Pine Sheep
Post-shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

Friday

First of all a few moments silence in memory of my Grosvenor 404 Boar/Badger Brush.......................................

After steaming it for 90min yesterday...I resorted to some mechanical assistance to try to remove the knot. The knot stayed put....but the handle split :(

Today's Shave

Olive oil soap and Man Cave Olivestone Facial Scrub
3P Preshave Cream
RazoRock Plague Doctor Soap
RazoRock 400 Synthetic Brush
Feather AC SS (Japanese Style) with a Feather Pro (#6)
Alum Block and rinse
Lacura for Men Duo lift
Brut Musk AS

Last time I used the Plague Doctor I loved the scent but had sensitivity issues. This time I added a little more water, and thankfully the uncomfortable sensation disappeared. Last shave with this Feather blade. With the Super Pro I can get around 10 shaves....but for some reason only get 5 or 6 with the Pro before the blade starts to tug. Two passes and a little touch up for a BBS shave.

SOTD: 03/08.17
View attachment 27702

Blade: Astra SP #1
Razor: Fat Boy (On Loan)
Soap: WSP Sandalwood
Brush: Maseto 30mm finest (Unfortunately I do not own an American made Brush:p)
EDT: Joop

Well my first time using the infamous Gillette fat boy and already I know what all the fuss is about.
After 3 days growth I decided to dial it in at #6 WTG #6 XTG and my final pass was#4 ATG.
The razor mowed down my growth without any problem on my first pass. I am extremely impressed by the vintage capabilities.
The result was a BBS shave that was so smooth and without cuts, weepers or any irritation.
So much so and although this is my first go with this razor, it is a must buy razor. :)
Really impressed with her performance.

The soap produced a good lather with a lovely sandalwood scent but if I had any criticism I would say that it lacks in a little slickness and cushion. YMMV.

The brush as usual performed its face lathering magic and finishing off with the Hazel and Balm I could not fault the shave.

Joop is an old skool scent that I still adore to this day.

Enjoy your shaves folks and take care,

Wayne.
It was a 'must buy' for me to Wayne. So I bought one! :)

Back
Top Bottom