~ S.O.T.D ~
Pre ~ Shower / Hot Towel
Razor ~ Edwin Jagger DE89L
Blade ~ Sputnik (2)
Brush ~ Semogue 1305
Soap ~ Martin de Candre Agrumes
Post ~ Nivea Men 2 Phase Aftershave
150177274194089[1].jpg
nice 3 pass shave today second use of the sputnik blade felt great really good blades these , all the Russian blades are for me especially on the second use , after hearing how good the mdc soap was I have to say I'm a bit disappointed its nothing special far better soaps out there , the scent on this is amazing tho one of best citrus scents iv came across in any soap ....
hope you all enjoy the rest of the day & your shaves :D

Last edited:
Frugal Phursday
Pre: Lots of cold water
Brush: Vulfix VS/1 boar
Soap: Erasmic Bowl
Razor: Gillette Slim Twist
Blade: Boots Max Shave
Afters: Boots Freshwood ASB

I didn't have the Best of British today. I finally tracked down the Erasmic Bowl and I'm underwhelmed to say the least, and this brush seems to be taking a lifetime to break in.
I'll try the soap with a different brush tomorrow, if it's no better it's getting relegated to the shower.
I've had these blades for quite a while but haven't used them, as the advice on the back states: "Avoid touching the blades as this may impair performance".
IMG_20170803_152442.jpg So, after honing my telekinetic powers, I eventually got round to using them. Verdict: they're not bad.

Hi Kevin,
Nice to see you spreading the love for " The Streamline" about , wonder how it compares with the
Sabre. I am over my collecting phase, having got all the models am thinning out the herd. Just hope
someone beats my bid on one. An uncased one went for £120 the other day.
Mike B
The Streamline deserves all the love it gets. I think it's the compact weight that throws you at first. I've used heavier razors but not in such a small stocky style.
What were you bidding on?

Thursday 3rd August
Cadman Custom
OSP Spice Road (prototype)
The General
Schick Proline #4
Alum wash
Electrif's Bay Rum
Lacura Body Moisturiser
gX8gWPW.jpg

My 1st shave with the stunning brass General had to be accompanied by one of my favourite brushes, and the best scented soap I own which is the OSP 'Spice Road' prototype. The scent on this version is stunning. Shame James couldn't get it passed the EU testing regulations. As I haven't got a lot left, I use it on only special occasions. Don't get me wrong, the reformulated Spice Road version is great.
Anyway the shave was spectacularly efficient. The weight wasn't a problem as I'm already used to the slightly heavier Rocnel ½DE. Also no problem with the smooth handle.
I'm really looking forward throwing my best soaps at it in subsequent shaves.

I'm a really happy chappy.

Thursday 3rd August 2017
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Pure Power Face Wash and Proraso Green
Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Derby Premium (#2)
Brush: Kent BLK4
Cream: Speick Men
AS: Nivea soothing balm

An improvement over yesterday, the Derby Premium blade managed a much closer finish in the Fatip, yesterday was an iKon 101 and the shave was still very smooth, but there was still some mild irritation post shave.

Thank you very much Stephen for your kind offer. I'll be in touch about the 1924 soon. How does it compare to the 1912?

I've got a couple of razors on loan at the moment so I don't like keep them for too long. I think you can feel rushed (even though people say ‘no rush') when you have a couple of razors on loan or one on a pass-around. You don't end up giving them your full attention and it ends up being a pointless exercise.

The 1912 was a revelation and the shave and GEM blades were not at all how I thought they'd be. I thought the 1912 was up there with the Cobra, very smooth, very efficient and a lot cheaper.

I've good things about the CLog-Pruf for a while so I'm looking forward to using it.

Cheers
Rob
I found the 1924 to be a great shaver, Rob. Very smooth. It loads differently than the 1912 (it flips open from the rear to allow the blade to sit in, before closing it back and clicking it shut). It has a small handle: others have used new handles (e.g. Windrose) connected by means of grub screws. But the handle size doesn't bother me.

I found it, shave-wise, on a par with the 1912; and far better than the 1914, which I had to shim to stop the blade shifting, yet gave me a poor shave.

There really is no hurry :) I have a couple.

Best,

S.

I found the 1924 to be a great shaver, Rob. Very smooth. It loads differently than the 1912 (it flips open from the rear to allow the blade to sit in, before closing it back and clicking it shut). It has a small handle: others have used new handles (e.g. Windrose) connected by means of grub screws. But the handle size doesn't bother me.

I found it, shave-wise, on a par with the 1912; and far better than the 1914, which I had to shim to stop the blade shifting, yet gave me a poor shave.

There really is no hurry :) I have a couple.

Best,

S.

Thanks for the info Stephen much appreciated. I'll be in touch soon. Thanks again for the offer.

Back
Top Bottom