SOTD sat 29th/fri 4th

20482477_1993169670823096_2782741184030703616_n.jpg

BBA Shave Butter
ATT Calypso M1
Ladas (1)
Omega 46806
BBA Shaving Cream
Thayers Rose, BBA Post Shave Balm & Al Rehab Silver

A very nice shave to end the working week, I prefer to use the shave butter as a pre shave as opposed to use it for shaving.Very impressed with the balm, a definite purchase somewhere down the line. The Omega is a superb brush, just the 30mm knot needs a wee bit of getting used to.

View attachment 27706 ~SOTD~ 4th August Friday

Prep....long hot shower~ MWF soap
Razor....Ever Ready 1914 Travel Set
Blade....Vintage ER Corrux circa 1970
Soap....Saponifico Varesino ~ Stella Alpina
Brush....Razorock Synthetic Silvertip
Post....Thayers Rose petal, Jojoba oil
Scent....Tom Ford ~ Amber Absoloute, (copy) oil Mr Perfume

The shave I had from my ER 1914 yesterday was fantastic and then this one arrived in the post courtesy of @mpf9ret and its in fabulous condition so I couldnt resist another 1914 shave, thanks Mike. :)

I face lathered with the uber soft Razorock brush and the wonderful SV soap, those were the first of two great combos.
Then I set to with the 1914 & the Corrux, the second of the great combos and the shave was every bit as good as it was yesterday, everything worked together to produce a really close and I mean really close shave that was smooth and efortless and was left smooth skinned without any irritation just a great post shave skin feel.

Finnishing with a splash of Thayers followed up by Jojoba oil as a light moisturiser. Amber Absoloute perfume oil on my pulse points and I look good, smell divine and am ready for the day

Wishing you all a fabulous Friday.......:)
Congratulations on a great catch with the 1914 Paul.
That looks and absolute minter mate :)

Fri 4th Aug
Omega 11126 boar
Sterling Baker Street
Supply Single Edge 3* plate
Schick Proline Type B [ 5 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

The Supply Single Edge is a nice enough Razor, but even on a 3 plate with normal blades I struggle to get a first class Shave. Now using a Schick Proline AC blade Type B, which fits perfectly.

The Shave is extremely smooth, perhaps too much so as a little more blade feel would be nice. After a longer than normal shave I actually attained a good close all round finish. Am sure this would be a Razor suited to those with lighter beards than mine.It is not going be a Razor I will often reach for.

IMG_1481.jpg

Last edited:
Friday...

Pre - Proraso M&E
Soap - Proraso Sandalwood
Brush - RazoRock Disrupter 22mm
Face lather
Razor - Feather AC SS Non-folding
Blade - Feather Pro Guard
Post - alum, Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera, Edwin Jagger Sandalwood After Shave Balm
Smell - Guerlain Homme EdP

Still enjoying the AC. The soap gave perfect glide and cushion for the razor. I'll upgrade to the Feather Pro blades when my confidence increases a bit with practice. 3 passes on cheeks and 2 on chin and neck. Between DFS and BBS. All good - great razor.
20170804_143531.jpg

Cold Water
Proraso White
24mm Tuxedo knot Omega style handle brush
GEM 1912 Deluxe
Alum Block
English Blazer A/S

Had a bad cold/flu for most of the week, thought a shave would make me feel better.
Stuck with the same soap and razor, very nice 2 pass shave, just a little sore under the nose (still trying to perfect the XTG pass there to clear all the whiskers) finished off with a splash of English Blazer, a few glugs ended up down the plug hole as the bottle slipped out of my hand..
Lovely scent all the same and still half a bottle left.

Afternoon shave.

Nivea Face Wash, BBA Shave Oil, bloom water.
OSP Neroli Soap.
RazoRock Bruce 24mm Synthetic.
Fat Boy (6/4/4).
Gillette 7 O'Clock (green).
OSP Neroli Aftershave Tonic.
BBA Balm.

The Gillette 7 O'Clock Green was a blade I used quite often in my early days of DE shaving with my trusted EJD89, so I thought I would give it a go in the Fat Boy. But after some exceptional smooth and close shaves using Astra SP's, Perma-Sharps, and the 7 O'Clock yellows this was a little disappointing. It didn't feel particularly smooth and I found myself using more strokes of the razor, and having to do more pick-ups, than I have become accustomed to. Hence, just a touch of irritation, and two little weepers - I haven't seen a weeper for weeks! But I didn't feel the need to reach for the Alum, and the BBA Balm soon soothed things down. And actually, 20 minutes after the shave I'm irritation free. So not a terrible shave at all. Just not as good as many of my recent shaves, and I don't think I will restock on the Greens.

SOTD
Pre: Hot Shower
Soap: Midnight & Two The Study
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Treet Platinum (2)
Brush: Semogue 610
Balm: Midnight & Two The Study

Great Friday shave. The products from Midnight & Two are really excellent with some fantastic ingredients in them. The Study has a nice dark vetiver and sandalwood scent which I like, and performed flawlessly. The aftershave balm has to be one of the best I've tried, in terms of post shave face feels. Brilliant. Have a great weekend.

IMG_5047.JPG

Friday 4th August 2017
Pre Shave: Hot Shower + L'Oreal Pure Power Face Wash and Proraso Green
Razor: iKon 101 + OSS Handle
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum (#1)
Brush: Hans Baier Silver Tip
Cream: Alvarez Gomez - Agua de Colonia Barberia
AS: Nivea soothing balm

First shave with the Dorco Prime, I have tried Dorco ST300 and ST301 blades in the past and I was not impressed. The Prime blade is much better, a really smooth and close shave. The Agua de Colonia Barberia cream probably helped a lot too, this is a fantastic shaving cream.

Pre: Lots of cold water
Brush: Omega 20102
Soap: Erasmic Bowl
Razor: Redwing Eclipse
Blade: Treet Dura-Sharp
Afters: Vitamin E oil, Kananga Water

A better brush equals a better performance from this soap, it may have been saved from shower duty.
I picked the Kananga Water up for £2.69 in an African shop and now I know why it was so cheap, I smell (as they used to say in less enlightened times), like a whore's handbag.
@Digimonkey this shave left me smoother than a pebble, playfully tail-flipped by a passing orca calf, into a sea otter's holt.
And now, I feel finer than cloth woven by Arachne. :)
IMG_20170804_163630.jpg

Last edited:

d92bb1170bf07bb18ad114bb941aee98.jpg

First time using Liquid Nitrog... Sorry, Osage Rub as an After Shave. Great chilling effect! It will get much use during the rest of the Summer.
Great pic! Also, Osage Rub is fantastic stuff! :D Absolutely love it and I'd advise any menthol-heads to grab some while it's hot...or not ;)

P.s. I've put a sample in the Newbie Pass Around box... :D I'd love to see their faces...

Back
Top Bottom