Soap Makers challenge - Imperial Leather (IL) shaving soap.

Re: Soap Makers challenge - Imperial Leather (IL) shaving so

What's the latest with the IL challenge, guys? Am a big fan of IL's scent -- am reminded of it in Trumper's Spanish Leather cologne.

Well, 'Metric Polyvinyl' is ready. What can I say? Only that I had to stop mixing my essential oils when the batteries ran out in my scales.......and I'm hoping to pick up a few points in the performance category. :oops: It seems to me to smell very strong....but I'll give it a couple of days to settle down, it is still warm as I write. I'll post it off to Antdad in the next few days.

henkverhaar said:
soapalchemist said:
P.S. I never could find that leather essential oil. :lol: :lol:

Nope, you'll have to distill your own leather...

Or get a very large one of these squeeze it out.

normal_washing_mangle.jpg

Ian

I've now ordered (belatedly) some cade e.o., and will see when it arrives whether it smells like it might add anything. I could never get my shoes through that mangle. :roll:

Note that there are two different types of cade oil: a steam-distilled one from the needles and such, which just smells piney, and a tarry substance from dry distillation of the wood - it's the latter that you want for a leather-like note...

I'm still researching this oil; done everything backwards as usual. I'm not sure whether I'll use it, will wait to hear from safety assessor.

Yeah, it was just a scam to help you create something we might actually like. ;)

Henk's Royal Leather !! Well done Henk.

Followed by Blighty's Imperial Cream and Nannys Arabian nights. There really was very little in it, 11% between all the scores.

All the judges agreed that all the entered soft soaps lathered quite well with above average scores in efficacy and that trying to copy the IL scent was a gargantuan task. The differences came down to individual preferences in scent which was really to be expected. I'm not sure what we achieved but we hope you enjoyed the process. Will publish scores later.

Back
Top Bottom