Soap Makers challenge - Imperial Leather (IL) shaving soap.

There are a few of you now and Cussons will never do it so why don't you have a go?

"The perfume house crafted a distinctive fragrance, by blending a symphony of ingredients, including Turkish Rose, Lavender, Cumin and Precious Amber. The fragrance was called 'Eau de Cologne Imperiale Russe. "

That's as much research as I've done - 3 month deadline? (10/03/11) Should be ample?

A prize to the most faithful representation of scent to the current IL bath soap.

Soaper's sign up if interested (I will post you a IL bath soap if required) and members show your interest.

Thanks (Good idea or bad idea?)

Re: Soap Makers challenge - Imperial Leather (IL) shaving so

Im in with this, closest I've found to this scent so far would be Speick but I'd definitely commit to a purchase if one of our soapmakers came up with this..... providing you can actually use it as shave soap. Sticks or Bowls?

Rose EO is permitted in very tiny amounts only and Ambers are very variable but I've a number of resin EOs on my asessment, plus the others, so I'll have a go (I'll need a wee bit of IL though 'cos the shops in town don't have it in)

Not sure about making a stick though.

BTW 3 months takes us to March not Feb.

A flaw in the plan I should have foreseen, the words "Imperial" and "Leather" are both banned in Nanny's household.

If this can be done I might (might) be tempted to give it a try.

Yup, I'd be interested in this. Imperial Leather had been used as bath soap here for years, on and off.

Ian

Just as an aside - has anyone tried Trumper's Almond shaving soap?

Someone on another forum is certain it smells like Imperial Leather.

joe mcclaine said:
Just as an aside - has anyone tried Trumper's Almond shaving soap?

Someone on another forum is certain it smells like Imperial Leather.

Not tried the soap, but the cream doesn't smell like IL. (I would assume the soap and cream smell the same, as their coconut does).

Hmmm - well, I'll give it a go, but not at all confident I will be able to reproduce anything remotely similar. I'm sure I should be able to pick up a bar in Wilko's down town....if not I'll take you up on your offer Antdad.

soapalchemist said:
Hmmm - well, I'll give it a go, but not at all confident I will be able to reproduce anything remotely similar. I'm sure I should be able to pick up a bar in Wilko's down town....if not I'll take you up on your offer Antdad.

Wilko's and Poundland, apparently.

Ian

ironically, i'd be interested in a cream variant of the same smell... but i'd also be interested in a soap.

My gran always had a bar of this stuff in the bath, and it reminds me of being a kid. I'm all for a little nostalgia :)

antdad said:
A flaw in the plan I should have foreseen, the words "Imperial" and "Leather" are both banned in Nanny's household.
Once again the Heroic Volunteers of the Guinea Pig flight of Gannet Squadron stand ready to do their patriotic duty in defence of the Motherland.
After all, "Imperial" and "Leather" are just figures of speech - right Comrades?

Back
Top Bottom