Six Nations - written in the stars?

Looking at the fixture list for this year's competition I noticed that the kick-off times were placed in-between the team names. So, I thought - what would be the outcome if the times represent the final result? For example a kick-off at 13.30 means an away win. The results are as follows:

1 - Ireland on points difference.
2 - Italy.
3 - Scotland.
4 - England.
5 and 6 - Joint wooden spoon to France and Wales.

Remember you read it here first.

I say it most years, I hope France can play as well as they did as I remember them as a kid, throwing and running with the ball, being flamboyant and not kicking everything.

Don't suppose they be in for a shot but he's hoping at least?

If England can make home advantage pay in their two most difficult fixtures - Wales and Ireland - and pick up a couple of results in the 'Blue' away fixtures, someone will need a grand slam to beat them.

France win, but can we find any difference between the new France and the team that failed at the World Cup? They won thanks to a superb penalty, but there wasn't much in the way of teamwork going forward.

Last edited:
Italy usually flatter to deceive at the beginning of a championship, nice to see a proper Kiwi hooker playing for England rather than than puffed up welterweight Youngs.

Big game tomorrow, probably the game of the tournament.

Perhaps the deciding game but not necessarily game of the tournament. I really can't make my mind up - home advantage suggests Ireland, but retirements and injuries in the Irish side favour Wales. Wales usually start slow in the 6N tournament - but have the more settled team and generally look stronger than Ireland.

I'm going for a low score draw. But then again, I'm English and that's about the best result from an English point of view.

So far no great revelations, England ground out an eventually deserved win today. France and Italy played a decent game, with no great revelations, although Italy show steady improvement every year(in the main). Tomorrows game will show at what level Wales and Ireland are starting the tournament. Unless either of these teams are exceptional toworrow, it will be an interesting tournament, seeing which teams show the most improvement along the way. Looking forward to tomorrow!

I'd say England performed better than "eventually grinding-out" the win. To me, the fact that they won without having to really perform anywhere near at their best was a reflection on how disappointing Scotland were. When you consider that they were the best of the Home Nations in the World Cup, their stuttering performance in posession today was a step backwards.

I'd say England performed better than "eventually grinding-out" the win. To me, the fact that they won without having to really perform anywhere near at their best was a reflection on how disappointing Scotland were. When you consider that they were the best of the Home Nations in the World Cup, their stuttering performance in posession today was a step backwards.

Agreed - found it a hard game to watch. Scotland would really make you groan, just sloppy and no magical spark. Weren't in with a hope of hell of ever scoring a try. England barely broke a sweat, pressured the try line three times and scored twice and that was about all they had to do. Didn't enjoy it at all, Scotland a major disappointment, very frustrating to watch.

For a team and a country with the biggest player base in world rugby I would be disappointed If I were English to have a New Zealander as your capatain a South African second row and a south sea Island number 8 what's going wrong with England.
I can understand smaller nations with limited resources but England have no excuse.

Back
Top Bottom