Six Nations - written in the stars?

As for 'Paddy the Wellington Wearing Turf Cutter"... we won't even go there ;)

It says more about the ignorance of the people who direct such terms at others. Samson Lee should be applauded for not splitting him with a head-butt. Marler comes across as the big plonker in all of it, hope he gets a lengthy ban. Don't blame people for condemning it, not something that would be tolerated in rugby culture, at least not the one I am familiar with. I can also understand Gatland's stance.. he'll be focused on the team and their next game and him personally getting caught up in a storm of controversy won't help their preparation.

How good will that Itoje chap become? What an athlete. Irish pundits drooling over him after his performance last weekend. Stuart Hogg super too... most exciting player in the tournament.

Well done to England, solid displays in what was overall, a poor enough tournament.

From an Irish perspective - seeing how Wales coped in the World Cup, I didn't want to accept that we were a team with serious injury problems. Nor did I want to accept that we were a team in transition. But, after a bad loss to France, the reality started to creep in. More than just outstanding players, the leadership loss of O'Connell and O'Driscoll retiring is simply huge and I'm not sure how soon it will be truly filled. Still very competitive throughout, and tons of news caps. The future seems bright, I hope.

Last edited:
Why are you offened by the word Nigger Boy and but not Gypsy Boy? I'm offended by the fact you only posted once the word Nigger was used but would have never have posted over the the remark Gypsy Boy your selective racist view could even be seen as even more racist.
You seem to be just bumping this just for the sake of it, Please point out where I am not offended?, just because I chose to comment on something I have a real feeling about, does not excuse the original source of this line of posts.

I have explained why this is personally offensive, but you continue to use the word, I can only assume you think it's big and clever, so I'll be the bigger person and walk away from this one.

Okay Jamie you've laboured the point, I'm actually in agreement with you in that it is an offensive term irrespective of how you wish to define race, it was still an ethnic slur used to offend, banter or not. I therefore have no problem with any retrograde punishment for Marler and Gatland having to back track in that regard, I suspect as a Kiwi he probably wasn't quite fully aware of the nuances while trying to dampen things down.

Last edited:
Back to this week-end's games - I can't see Italy doing anything else but damage limitation against Wales and, even then, will ship a stack of points.

France v England - I get the feeling that there's not a great deal of motivation in this French side. I'm sure that they will start the game at full pelt, but if England can get some points on the board and France are as inaccurate (dropping balls) as they have been so far, I can see their heads dropping. England to win.

Ireland v Scotland is the most interesting of the fixtures - the Scots will be buoyed after beating France, which together with their open style of play and attacking from defence, I'm going for an away win.

Another game where early possession and dominance wasn't turned into points - but unlike last week, I didn't get the eebijeebies about losing - the difference this week was that England still appeared to be in control even though there was only 4 points difference for quite some time.

Another game where early possession and dominance wasn't turned into points - but unlike last week, I didn't get the eebijeebies about losing...

You were evidently more conident than me! I was convinced they were going to give it away early in the second half! Good news regarding the Captain being able to lift the trophy: I was getting rather concerned given how much attention he was receiving before being removed from the pitch.

Incidentally Chris I read (what I think is) the corollary to you signature recently. I was something like " I failed to see much further because I was standing in the craters left by the visionaries before me".

Strange that both sentiments mean exactly the same.

Jamies wife is going to get a beating with England winning the slam and him being man of the house'n all... a gay welsh referee too, that's got make every red blooded Welshman kick the dog.

Just had another thought - apart from out scoring France by 10 points, I suppose Shaun Edwards will be insisting that it was actually 30 points better because we scored three tries to France's nil.

Jamies wife is going to get a beating with England winning the slam and him being man of the house'n all... a gay welsh referee too, that's got make every red blooded Welshman kick the dog.

Tony you only got 1 out of 3 right definitely give the Wife a good beating :) but kick my Dog definitely not, and gay referee who just so happens to be the best in the world Mr Nigel Owens is more than welcome to come for a few pints with me, I've never been PC but I'm no racist or homophobic.

Back
Top Bottom