Show us your slants

Krect. 41 grams, metal:
DSC04470.JPG

DSC04471.JPG

DSC04474.JPG

DSC04476.JPG

Rather small shaving angle, rather quiet, rather effective.

That's gorgeous, never seen one before, it's like a sculpture.

I would love to try a slant - but I think I need more practise first ! What would be a good induction into slants btw?
Merkur 37c (or 39c if you're into heavy razors) is a perfect slant for a reasonable price. ATT/iKon are great as well, but a lot more expensive. The Fine slant I haven't tried yet, but postage makes it expensive. The 3d-printed ones are nice and cheap, but I wouldn't start with one.

Merkur 37c (or 39c if you're into heavy razors) is a perfect slant for a reasonable price. ATT/iKon are great as well, but a lot more expensive. The Fine slant I haven't tried yet, but postage makes it expensive. The 3d-printed ones are nice and cheap, but I wouldn't start with one.
Thanks for the tips !

I've actually got 2 professional 3D printers, but not dared to try a printed razor yet !

Maybe soon !

Cheers,

Jay :)

www.razorplating.co.uk

The Fine slant is actually a very good little razor. I'm not one for very lightweight razors, and, apart from a Dorco plastic PL-602, anything non-metal in my razors has been bakelite Wardonias. However, the Fine shaves well, close and without irritation. I think that's mostly to do with the design of the head, and I aim to see how it performs with aluminium and stainless handles.
As supplied, it is quite the noisiest razor I've ever used, and I certainly know when the job is done as the feedback performs a diminuendo from fortissimo to tacet.
If this razor were available in the UK, post-paid, at around £20-£25, it would be a very good razor at a reasonable price. However, the present pricing, combined with exchange rate, UK tax and imposts on US import, make the cost more than two and a quarter times £20 i.e. more than £45. Of course, priced in dollars and shipped in North America, it immediately becomes a more economical item, and seems to be going down well over there.

There are some amazing razors in this post - loving them !

I would love to try a slant - but I think I need more practise first ! What would be a good induction into slants btw?

Jay :)

www.razorplating.co.uk
If you follow the Golden Rule of shaving off the lather, and not your face, (no pressure), then you don't really need much practice with a slant. The Merkur 39c is a wonderful razor, probably my favourite, and will leave you speechless.

Coles, a New York cutlerer selling rebranded Merkur razors. This is their 37 variant:

How reminiscent of the Hoffritz razor/case so beloved of the fictional James Bond is this ! ( and yes, I know this is a slant whilst he preferred the heavy toothed, Gillette based OC ).

JohnnyO. o/
DSC04369.JPG

DSC04373.JPG

Hiya,

Slants just don't excite me very much and it takes a little time to refigure these out right after a long layoff. Just kind of an odd way of looking at things. Not bad for most people, but different. It's rare to get one wet during the year but it happens.

So then why do I have 6-8 of those things hanging around? Got an old Merkur labeled version and a Hoffritz and a Pomco or two. There's a few Lady Pomco versions with a slant on one side only. Then an old long handle Merkur with Made in Germany stamped on the cap. Probably a few more scattered around somewhere.

One pretty interesting piece I do use is an open comb that was marketed at D. Corrado Cutlery in Chicago. Turns out those were made by Dovo.

Martin

Mulcuto diagonal, TTO with a hinge on one side of the head. Rather heavy at 101grams, and although I usually don't like razors that heavy, and like my diagonals as light as possible, this is a seriously good shaver.

DSC04529.JPG

DSC04532.JPG

DSC04535.JPG

DSC04538.JPG

Back
Top Bottom