1965 Slim Adjustable (replated by onotoman), set at #5
Kai Blade
Nanny's Warm Spice cream
Kent BK4
Alum Block
Jasper Conran Man balm
L'Oreal Men Expert 24hr Hydrating AS Balm
Tabac AS

For some reason the Conran didn't leave my face feeling very moisturised tonight, so I followed it with the moisturising l'Oreal balm. I'm just trying Nanny's cream & will be posting a full review of it in a few days.
Setting the Slim on #5 with a new Kai in it was a bit of a mistake - I was left bleeding from a few spots on my sensitive moustache / corner of mouth area... oops!

Wednesday

(not shaved for a few days )
Sonny's still secret cream
1305 - got just enough lather for 3 passes
Futur
Astra superior platinum (1)
Alum
Blue stratos as balm
Williams Aqua velva

Close decent shave. First time with an Astra. its in the personna red bracket really and stayed smooth and irritation free. Can see folks liking these for a functional quick shave but would probably choose a red over it. Blue stratos balm would ignite Mrs' Handos' nightie im sure and was ungreasy and pleasant enough but not massively soothing like a proraso or skin food balm

Wednesday

Veleiro Pre-shave Soap
D.R.Harris Marlborough Shaving Cream
Semogue 1305 Brush
Johann Breidohr Straight Razor
Pierre Cardin After Shave Splash
444 After Shave Balm
sdc11575v.jpg

Razor: George Wostenholm & Sons IXL
Brush: MM928 Cocobolo short
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
AS: Pinaud Citrus Musk, AII Osage

SPM_A0706.jpg

Thursday

Merkur 1904 OC
NOS V3 1975 Gillette Bleue Extra (4)
No Name Boar
Wilkinson Sword Blue Bowl
Alum
Witch hazel
One Planet AB
Umbro Power AS

Last shave for the Bleue, its performance was a tad shoddy and made hard work of the shave, still got a DFS out of it, now what to use tomorrow?.

Have a nice and pleasant day Gents.

Tony

Thursday

Tech
Feather
EJ Best Badger
Penhaligon's English Fern Shaving Soap
Nivea asb

Ian

Thursday
'30's Gillette Open Comb
feather (2)
Pure Badger Brush
GFT Coconut
Alum
GFT Coral skin food (pre and post shave)
GFT Moisteriser

quite a bit of irritation today. Still I look presentable.

Thursday

Merkur Progress
Personna Red [2]
Vulfix 'Grosvenor' 404 Brush
Founder's Reserve - Pre-shave Oil
TOBS Rose Shaving Cream
Nivea AS Balm

p1000663f.jpg

I'm still learning the best technique with the Progress, but it does give a nice, irritation free shave. :)

Thursday

Ernst Melcher straight (not sure of the details)
1980 Flair tip
Red IP (3 ish)
EJ Med Silvertip
SWK Scuttle
ToOBS Avocado Cream
Alum
Witch Hazel
Adidas AS
Nivea ASB.

Though i think my technique is getting better with the straight i managed to nick myself a couple of times and my neck is a tad irritated now. I might have been a bit too enthusiastic before i switched to the DE for the touch up an finish. (As DE's go, i think the EJ Chatsworth has set a benchmark for me. The Futur conforms to that benchmark, but all the vintage razors i have tried don't seem to....yet. I probably haven't settled in to the right angle for the other razors).

Off for a few days tomorrow, so out with the Merkur travel razor and the Mühle travel Pure brush. Probably end up taking Irisch Moos and Palmolive cream for the few days i am away.
Have a good day gents.

Thursday

ER Lather Catcher
Ted Pella D2
Semogue LE 2009
Godrej Menthol Mist
Alum
Prairie Creations Golden ASB

Only two passes this morning. I broke a couple of fingers & mashed one yesterday & everything took longer this morning a PIA.

08-04-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Kim de España silvertip brush - Gillette Fatboy - Perma-Sharp Super #1 - Myrsol emulsion pre-shave sample - G.F. Tumper Almond sample - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Weleda.

Afeitado08-04-10.jpg

Thursday

Proraso Pre
Palmolive Soap Stick
Merkur HD w/ Astra Keramik (2)
TGS Super
Real Shave Co. Moisturiser

2 passes, no touch up, spot on for the day. Loving the Palmolive, for 50p it's a shaving bargain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom