Shave of the Day w/c Saturday 3rd April 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easter Monday
Posting this a little late but what the hey?

Parker 89r
Wilkinson Sword blade (Solingen)
Ingrams Cream
Omega 10049 Boar
Very cold water for astringent
Alum Block for some very small blood spots :cry:
Gillette series ASB
Coolwater ASB

I have been using an Edwin Jagger DE89L and a late 40's Gillette Rocket HD for the past two weeks but decided to revisit my Parker. All I ended up doing was getting a series of small cuts and a bit of razor burn. Boy, is the Parker aggressive compared to my other two.

Trawlerman said:
Parker 89r

I have been using an Edwin Jagger DE89L and a late 40's Gillette Rocket HD for the past two weeks but decided to revisit my Parker. All I ended up doing was getting a series of small cuts and a bit of razor burn. Boy, is the Parker aggressive compared to my other two.
Thats interesting, I thought they had the same head. Obviously the handle can still make difference to the feel and handling.

Little bit late:

(Easter) Sunday

Gillette ball-end Tech, V. Old and exhausted
Kai Blade (Corked)
Palmolive Stick + Palmolive Cream, small dollop
Alum
Boots Tea Tree/Witch Hazel (Swiped with Cotton pad)
Lab Series Balm

Third time I have tried this blade. Third time it has roughed me up. Had the biggest DE cut ever on my chin.
My skin is soft and supple, but my beard is incredibly tough and dense. Not a good combo to have.
It's clear to me now why I prefer swedes and iridiums: They are sharp, but more importantly for my young skin, they are smoothe. I also like Feathers in a mild razor such as the ball-end tech. Will be interesting to try a Feather in a different razor, such as the Merkur 38c. I'm fairly certain a feather is a bit smoother than a kai.

Tuesday

Gillette ball-end old-type clone
Shaving Shack Israeli blade
Col Conk Amber soap
Kent BK4
Alum Block
Jasper Conran Man balm
Pinaud Clubman Bay Rum

The clone is so mild that it barely touches the stubble, so I'd previously tried shimming it with cut-up old blades. It was better, but still nowhere near aggressive enough to get all of the stubble clear - so last night I used a chopped-up foam disk (the kind you get in a spindle-pack of DVDs or CDs) to create a thicker shim. That seems to have done the trick - a much, MUCH better shave tonight. I'll probably experiment more in future to get an even better blade gap/angle, but for now the job's a good 'un!

And, by the way, the Bay Rum is fantastic! I love the scent that lingers on the skin hours afterwards :D

Monday

St James of London Hot Towel Mask
DE89L
Red personna (2)
T & H Ultimate Shave cream
Proraso Post Shave

Couple of nicks but overall a DFS+, loving the red personnas, they are forgiving enough if i get carried away but still a close shave for me. Good job i took advantage of bulk buy off Vinny !!!

Tuesday

Proraso Aloe Vera & Green Tea Shaving Soap
Semogue 1305 Brush
Le Grelot «Le Merle Blanc» 7/8 Straight Razor
Proraso After Shave Splash
444 After Shave Balm
sdc11574sk.jpg

Tuesday evening.

Prep: Wash face with glycerin soap, massage lather into beard followed by hot
towel.
Brush: Simpson Colonel Super.
Soap: D. R. Harris Arlington.
Razor: 5/8ths TIPTLE.

Always a superior shave with this blade.

TIPTLE.jpg

Wednesday

Tech
Feather*
EJ Best Badger
Kent Soap
Nivea 'Cool Kick' asb

I had one Feather blade left, so decided to put it in the Tech. I have used this combination before, and others involving Feather blades, but found that they can irritate me and only last about 3 shaves (i can get 5 from most blades).

However, this mornings shave was really nice, and I don't appear to have been roughed-up by the Feather...yet.

Ian

Wednesday

30's gillette new OC
Feather (1)
Pure Badger
GFT Coconut
Alum
GFT Coral skin food(pre and post)
GFT Moisteriser

Lather started to turn pink today. Quite a few weepers from using the Feather blade. BBS with a red face (well neck) to match. I think I prefer the shave shack Israeli Blades as a good all rounder.

Wednesday

Merkur 1904 OC
NOS V3 1975 Gillette Bleue Extra (3)
Image Boar
Erasmic Soap Bowl
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea Sensitive AB
Pashana AS

NICE :shave
A wonderful shave with the 1904, normally I can only get 3 shaves out of a Bleue, this baby feels as thou it's got one left, I did shim up the 1904 anyway a DFS+.

Have a nice and pleasant day Gents.

Tony

Wednesday

Ernst Melcher Straight
(1980 Flair Tip for touch up and ATG pass)
EJ Med Silvertip
SWK Scuttle
ToOBS Sandalwood Cream
Alum
Witch Hazel
ToOBS Victorian Lime AS
Nivea ASB.

I think i am getting better with the straight, though my chin feels a touch burny at the moment.
The Victorian lime AS is absolutely lovely. Def a Spring/Summer AS.

Have a nice day gents.

Wednesday
Feather Artist Club RG (folding) razor
Feather Professional blade
Semogue 1305 brush
L'Occitane Cade shaving soap
Aqua Velva aftershave
Kouros EDT

Haven't used the Feather AC for a while.

Wednesday

DE89L
Red Personna (3)
Henks Bay Rum with a Twist
(added palmolive cream!)
Proraso Post Shave

Still struggling to get a good lather with Henks, and i know it is in my technique as lots of other members here get copious amounts of lather with it! Had to add a bit of palmolive to get some more lather after the 1st pass. WTG, XTG, ATG touch ups for pretty much a BBS with little irritation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom