Sunday

1936 (Gillette Red & Black Set) New
Shaving Shack Israeli blade
Palmolive soap
Kent BK4
Alum Block
Jasper Conran Man AS Balm
Pinaud Clubman Bay Rum AS

Sunday evening. Hope everyone had an enjoyable Easter.

Prep: Wash face with glycerin soap, massage Cremo Cream into beard followed by hot
towel.
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Best.
Soap: Da Fat!.
Razor: 13/16ths Wade & Butcher.

WadeButcher.jpg

Monday

Gillette Tech
Iridium
EJ Best Badger
Tabac
Nivea 'Cool Kick' asb
Floris JF (another sample)

The JF is similar to Davidhoff Coolwater, but seems less 'synthetic'. It's very nice.

Ian

Monday

Edwin Jagger DE87
NOS V3 1975 Gillette Bleue Extra (1)
Omega 80056
Proraso Pre/Post (used as a pre-shave)
Palmolive/Boots Sticks (mixed into a bowl, with a menthol kick :shock: )
Alum
One Planet AB
Denim Black AS

I grated some sticks of Palmolive and Boots into a bowl melted some menthol crystals into the mix and WOW, this has got to have been the coldest shave I've ever had, my eyes where running and I think I was shivering (well at least I'm awake now :roll: ), the NOS Bleues are excellent blades and can be bought quite cheaply, this particular old timer gave my mug a BBS :shave .

Have a nice and pleasant day Gents.

Tony

Monday

Proraso Pre
Merkur HD
Astra Keramik (1)
TGS Super Badger
Trumpers Rose
Real Shave Co. AS Moisturiser with a splash of CK One.

After a few weeks of rubbish shaves I went back to basics today by getting my Merkur back out, concentrating on blade angle and taking my time. First class shave again, still not 100% a fan of the Trumpers cream but all in all very happy.

Sunday

Neo's boxwood best badger brush (hereafter BBBB, sick of typing it)
Wm. Revitt 4/8

Henks Bay Rum cream
Speick a/s

An acceptable shave. The diminutive Revitt feels tiny, and I wound up with my little finger sticking out like Hyacinth Bucket drinking tea, but I really like the width. The cutting angle is quite steep though, so it isn't the easiest shaver, and I'm expecting it to get smoother for the next few shaves with more stropping. For all that, a nice smooth result.

Tuesday

EJ Chatsworth
Shaving Shack Blade (5)
SWK Scuttle
Mühle Pure Badger
Dr Henk's Dutch Moss
Alum
Adidas AS
Dr Henk's ASB.

A nice shave, but i think this may be the end of this blade ;)

Henk's range is really nice, and i would recommend anyone to get some from him. I will certainly be replacing when i have used it all.

Have a nice Tuesday gents.

Tony_B said:
I grated some sticks of Palmolive and Boots into a bowl melted some menthol crystals into the mix and WOW, this has got to have been the coldest shave I've ever had, my eyes where running and I think I was shivering (well at least I'm awake now :roll: ), the NOS Bleues are excellent blades and can be bought quite cheaply, this particular old timer gave my mug a BBS :shave .

Have a nice and pleasant day Gents.

Tony
Funny about the extra menthol kick. I think I have some of those NOW Bleues. Although checking my package it just reads Blue, not bleue. Are you blade a dark colour. mine are. I've not used mine yet.

N_Architect said:
[
First shave with a straight, not bad, only managed one WTG cheeks and neck.

Really cannot understand how the R89 works; too tight and it cannot shave at all, unscrewing it a bit makes it uncontrollable in direction (cut myself in three points), back to the trusty Futur @ 2 1/2 for the final passes...

I really like my Mühle R89 and sold my futur once I realised it was better. Everyone is different, probably why this can be fun and everyones SOTD are different. Well done on your first straight shave. You managed more than me on my first attempt.

Saturday
I was in Holland for a show I was doing.
Mühle R89
Shave Shack Israeli (1)
GFT Super Travel Brush
TOBS St James Collection SS
GFT Limes

Nice shave, quite a dark bathroom to shave in though.

Sunday
Mühle R89
Shave Shack Israeli (2)
Pure Badger Brush
GFT Sandlewood
Sandlewood Skin Food - Moisteriser

Not a great shave, just got rid of the main stabble.

Monday
Mühle R89
Shave Shack Israeli (3)
Pure Badge Brush
GFT Coconut
Alum
Coral - Moisteriser

Nice shave today. Probably DFS

I really like these Shave Shack blades - does anyone know if they are the same as the Tesco blades as the packaging looks similar?

Hi NatJag

My Bleue's come in a plastic container attached to light blue cardboard like these but coded V3

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierklingen/1992%20%28M2%29%20Dispenser%2010%20Gillette%20Bleue%20Extra%20Argentina.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierklingen/1 ... entina.jpg</a><!-- m -->

Tony_B said:
Hi NatJag

My Bleue's come in a plastic container attached to light blue cardboard like these but coded V3

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierklingen/1992%20%28M2%29%20Dispenser%2010%20Gillette%20Bleue%20Extra%20Argentina.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierklingen/1 ... entina.jpg</a><!-- m -->

Cheers, Mine are these, although date code may be different. I've not unwrapped any fully yet:-
1961%20(G2)%204%20Blue%20Gillette%20Blades%20Extra%20England.jpg

Monday

Gillette ball-end old-type clone
Shaving Shack Israeli blade
Body Shop Maca Root cream
Kent BK4
Alum Block
Jasper Conran Man balm
Pinaud Clubman AS Lotion

Monday 05-04-10.

Soap from Marseille - Semogue 830 - Gillette english Tech fat handle - Astra #2 - Dr. Harris Arlington shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Weleda.

Afeitado05-04-10002.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom