Slow Shaving said:
[
Afeitado08-04-10.jpg

Okay, what's the clothes peg for?

Ian

N_Architect said:
NatJag said:
Thursday '30's Gillette Open Comb ... quite a bit of irritation today

NatJag, do you find the open comb much more aggressive than the R89?

Only when I've got a feather blade in it. You do need even less pressure than with the closed comb. I think I probably got more nicks from my Futur before I sold it on.

Thursday

Ever-Ready Peerless
GEM Stainless SE blade
Nanny's Warm Spice cream
Boots Witch hazel
Pinaud Clubman Bay Rum

First ever use of a SE razor - very enjoyable experience and a DFS too. Excellent speedy delivery of the blades from Connaught made sure I could try this out this 99p razor tonight. :D

Friday

Today's shave is called "lathering problems". See separate thread.

Futur (2, 2 1/2) / Personna (1)
Dovo silvertip(s)
Splendid shaving soap powder / L'Erbolario Myrtle cream / L'Erbolario Fern cream
Alum
L'Erbolario Myrtle AS Elixir

L'Erbolario offers great scents, the AS is very good - very disappointing on the lathering, though, both creams.
I think I may be doing something wrong here, so I have made this a separate thread to see what the boards have to say.

An average shave overall with the Personnas initially appearing to be slightly more aggressive than the Merkurs.

Have a great and sunny day, gents.

Shave_09Apr.jpg

Friday
Bic Sensitive
Semogue 1305
Palmolive Stick (chopped into a mug)
Old Spice aftershave

Friday

Muhle R41 OC
Derby Extra (4)
EJ Med Pure
Proraso Soap

Proraso AS & Proraso ASB Mix.

This is my debut with Proraso soap and I think that I will need further work on its hidden mysteries to achieve the optimum lather. A good outcome however.

The next four days will be an appraisal of Sharon's new cream sample (Warm Spice) and I'm looking forward to it...

:)

Friday

Tech
Feather
EJ Best Badger
Penhaligon's English Fern Shaving Soap
Nivea asb

No issues with the Feather. Which is a bit strange given our past relationship.

Ian

Friday

Feather Portable
Super-Max Super Stainless (1)
Kent VS30
Culmak Soap
Alum
Gillette Sreies AB
Denim AS

I forgot I had the Feather Portable :oops: and decided to give it a whirl, loaded it up with a Supermax (not the blue one) and a DFS was had, the Portable is an aggressive little bugger but thats how I like my razors.

Have a nice and pleasant day Gents.

Tony

Friday

M3 (thats right, don't ban me)
Pure Badger
GFT Coconut Cream
Alum
GFT Coral skin food
GFT Moisteriser

For a few reasons I decided to use the Mach 3 today. The shave still took as long, I still had problem areas that I get when using a DE. Still a DFS/BBS shave. Back to the DE tomorrow

Pre:

Hot bath
RSC face scrub

The Shave:

Merkur Futur
Merkur Blade
RSC Moisturising shave cream
Men U pure bristle brush

After:

Tabac AS splash
Proraso Pre/Post cream

Friday

Gillette #58
7 O'clock D3 - Yellow box
Semogue 2015HD
Godrej Mental Mist
Alum
Aqua Velva - now in plazzie bottle.

Excellent lather from the Godrej. This 7 O'clock is the first I have used in a couple of years & its not a bad blade. It is not as sharp as Iridium or super thins though.

Roll on Miller time. Cheers.

Thursday

Neo's BBBB
Wallace Armer 5/8 full hollow

Nanny's Silly Lavender flavour soap.
Pitralon Classic a/s

Firstly, nothing to say about the soap, yet; full review to follow in a week or so. The razor is one of the batch of three which arrived from the US the other day. (Since this is a sensible forum I'm probably okay to mention the vendor's name - Trey Dampier - and he's a gentleman to deal with). This one handles exceptionally well and was a real pleasure to shave with. Does anyone else use Pitralon, by the way? I quite like it, but it makes my wife go weak at the knees :D
WallaceArmerfront.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom