Status
Not open for further replies.
Edwin Jagger DE89
Super Iridium (1)
ToOBS 'Mr Taylor'
Vulfix 2235 Super
Alum
ToOBS ASB 'Mr Taylor' (thanks Andy)

A DFS a couple of nicks, not much irritation. Might be me but the Iridium didn't seem as good as I was expecting. Much more effort to get as good a shave as I did with the Yellow 7' O'clocks or Feather.

I'm starting to compile a "preliminary" table.

Liked a lot: Feathers, Treet Carbon Black Beauty, Gillette 7 o'clock

Liked: Gillette Bleue Extra, Treet Dura Sharp, Super Iridium

Good enough: Derby Extra

Disliked: Treet Trig, Sputnik

Derby

Wednesday evening.

Prep: Wash face with glycerin soap, lather face massage, hot towel.
Cream: Musgo Real.
Brush: Simpson PJ2 Best.
Razor: EJ DE86/Personna 74.
AS: Thayers Witch Hazel followed by Musgo Balm & Splash (original).

I'm a Musgo Monster.

Thursday

Face wash with PurpleDragonEmporium lime and cedarwood soap + hot towel

Futur (Set on 1 for WTG and XTG - Then 1.5 for ATG :D )
Supermax Super Stainless (1)
C&E Sandalwood soap
Mühle Best
Alum
Brut Aquatonic AS
Tabac ASB.

Wow the Futur is a heavy razor......i like it ;) . I took the advice given here and just started on setting 1, moving up to the 1.5, and will play with it around here for a while until i get used to it! It was a nice shave.

Thursday

Futur
Iridium
Simpson's Best Badger Special
Palmolive Stick*
L'Occitane Cade asb

*If I'm honest, the Palmolive stick has been a disappointment for me. I read about how good it was, and for the price I suppose it is, but when I've used it, I've always been a bit underwhelmed......

That is, until today. I seemed to get a perfect lather, and the shave was just sublime.

Ian

AJP said:
Wow the Futur is a heavy razor......i like it ;) . I took the advice given here and just started on setting 1, moving up to the 1.5, and will play with it around here for a while until i get used to it! It was a nice shave.

Tony, This morning I went the other way. I did my first pass (WTG) with the razor set to 2.5, and my second pass (XTG) set to 2. It worked very well.

Ian

Thursday

IKEA mug for soaking brush
Spatula for scooping out and spreading cream

Trumpers Coconut - super stuff
EJ Best - lathered up and painted on - feels like a silvertip - but rather too large and floppy to be a firm favourite.
Tabac Balm - suits me well.
Chatsworth/Super thin - great combination.

SODT.jpg

IanM said:
Tony, This morning I went the other way. I did my first pass (WTG) with the razor set to 2.5, and my second pass (XTG) set to 2. It worked very well. Ian

Ian,

I may have to give that a try then. I think it may be a while before i go above 2, that gap does look rather daunting! I set it on 6 just to see and OMG it looks like a sharks mouth - with teeth filed flat of course :lol:

A rotation of that, my Chatsworth (my 2 modern) a #15 Aristocrat (when i get it replated etc) and a ball end tech seem to be in order! Though i think i will probably mainly be using the 2 modern ones the most! I have the Merkur travel for when i am away too which seems to be nice, but i have only used it twice so far!
Cheers,

Thursday

Big Roc 828 (it is a Vincent :oops: )
Sainsburys (Dorco ST-301)
Omega 80056
Superdrug Pre-Shave splash
Arko Stick (milled into a bowl)
Nivea Cool Kick AB
Tabac AS
Tabac EDT

Used nearly the same set up as yesterday apart from the soap. The razor and blade performed great, really liking these Droco's it seemed a better shave than yesterday :shave and got another DFS+ :cool: .

Have a nice and pleasant day Gents.

Tony

Thursday

Mühle R89
Vidyut Super Max (2) - free from my local hairdresser
Trumpers Coconut cream
Trumpers Super Badger travel brush
Coral
Cold water rinse mixed with Hugo Boss AS
Moisturiser

DFS, needed carefull touch ups in more areas than usual. 2 days is max for these blades. I wouldn't suggest others try them as there are much better out there. However, I understand you can get about 200 for £7.00

Thursday
EJ DE87 with UK Wilkinson
Semogue 1305
Palmolive Soap
Floid, Blue
Caron Le 3me Homme

Nice to see how these threads have started to grow. I remember when the 'shave of the day' thread would just about stretch to 4 pages, and now here we are with another day to go and we're into double figures.

'Ave it!

Wednesday Night

Mach 3
Vulfix Pure
Anousta Gentleman's Bar
TOBS Rose cream
Trumper's Lime skinfood

Bought the Anousta Gents Bar a few weeks ago. Here's a bit of blurb about it:

Give up using those cans of shaving gel and foam!

Suitable as just a soap and suitable for shaving with also.

A natural soap made with Olive, Coconut, Palm, Avocado, Almond oils and Aloe Vera with essential oils of Lavender, Cinnamon and Cypress.

This stuff is rubbish. And that's what it's in right now. I've seen lather described as 'cuckoo spit' on this forum before, and that just about sums up this soap's 'lather' -- it just disappears.

So out with the TOBS Rose. Very good shave...eventually.

*Pre Myrsol.
*Semogue 2009LE nº 03.
*TOBS Sandalwood Stick.
*Gillette Slim Adjustable J2 / Red Personna.
*AS Gel Aloe Vera.
*ASL Myrsol "Red".

[attachment=0]

Attachments

• 20100304-1.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 132
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom