Shave of the Day, w/c Saturday 27th February 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
La vie en rose said:
*Pre Myrsol.
*Semogue 2009LE nº 03.
*TOBS Sandalwood Stick.
*Gillette Slim Adjustable J2 / Red Personna.
*AS Gel Aloe Vera.
*ASL Myrsol "Red".

[attachment=0]
My friend,I didnt tell you in the spanish forum but BRILLIANT PIC today!

Thursday

disaster horrible shave

started with this

Fatboy
Derby x 4
Semogue 620
MdC soap

don't like the smell of the MdC and couldn't get a decent lather at all
had to finish with a new Derby blade and Culmaks soap

Boots Freshwood a\s & balm

i thought the problem with the MdC was me and or my new brush but the Culmaks lathered up fine
i don't think me and the Derbys will be getting along though

Thursday

'65 Slim Adjustable (set on 5)
Shaving Shack Israeli blade
Palmolive soap stick
Alum Block
L'Oreal Men Expert 24hr Hydrating AS Balm

This was Razor Roulette - highest I've set the Slim so far, and with the left-hand side of my face (around the corner of my mouth) still numb from a trip to the dentist. Managed it nick / burn-free!
The Slim will now be packed up and sent off to be replated.

Thursday

How many expletives do you think Boab would allow in one post?!?

*Sigh*

Merkur 34c
Astra SP (2)
Semogue 1305
Tabac

Alum (ouch)
Aqua Velva (ouch)
Boots Freshwood ASB (very much needed)

My shave tonight was utter shite!
Bumps and burn ahoy. God only knows what I did wrong tonight. I changed direction on my neck for my first pass to follow grain 100% but it was so awkward that I must have f***ed my neck. 2nd pass was ok but stung a bit and I ended up with bleeding. All the time thinking "I wish someone was here to show me what Im doing wrong". Im in a pissed off mood now but the Astra is binned and I'll try a clean slate for my next shave.

The Alum hurt like hell as did the AV (but it was excellent) but they serve as a reminder not to f**k about.
:( :?

Friday

Good Morning gents. Bit of a dodgy one this morning - not sure if i was trying to run before i could walk with my new Futur!

Futur (Set on 1.5 and then 2. Possibly need to get more used to the razor before i start above 1! Wow, how unmanly am i!? :oops: )
Supermax (2) - Not everyone likes, but i had good results from this with my Chatsworth
Mühle Best
Irisch Moos
Alum
Brut Aquatonic AS
Nivea ASB.

My first time using the Moos - i wanted to see what the rave was about, but i think i possibly didn't hydrate it enough, lots of lather, but it wasn't particularly slick and so may have been why the shave wasn't great!
As they say, tomorrow is another day....another day another shave! :)

Friday
Edwin Jagger DE87 razor
UK Wilkinson Sword blade
Semogue 1305 brush
Mitchell's Woolfat soap
Floid Blue aftershave
Halston z-14 EDT

Friday

Edwin Jagger DE89
Super Iridium (2)
Crabtree & Evelyn Soap 'Nomad'
Vulfix 2235 Super
Alum
Boots Freshwood ASB
Givenchy Envy EDT

A DFS after a shower, that really is the best prep IMHO!

Muehle R41
Bolzano Superinox
DRH Rose
Alum
Liz Earle A/S/B
Polo EDT

The superinox was tugging like crazy at the start so I swapped it out for a fresh one.2 shaves is the max out of these blades for me.Expensive and don't last as long as a Derby or Kai.
Polo EDT lasts all day and I mean all day, I wonder what makes this so potent, classic fragrance though, love it. (2 sprays maximum)

Edit
In case anyone wonders what polo smells like :
Quote Basenotes
"The secret heart of mother’s earth .I am walking in the mist in a desolate road, the air is frosty and clean; herbaceous, distilled, inner visions of love, green love, my noose still dripping, silence."

:lol: wonder what he was doing with the noose

Friday

Futur
Iridium
Simpson's Best Badger Special
Palmolive Stick
D.R. Harris Pink a/s
Czech & Speke #88 edc

Another excellent shave with the Palmolive. Futur set on 3 for the 1st pass, 2 for the second and touch-ups. I have a smooth face and I smell very nice.

EDIT Boab's idea of getting quotes from basenotes amused me, especially as this is what a couple of people say about the #88 cologne.

"A GOTHIC and DIABOLIC cologne - undoubtedly a perfect signature fragrance for DRACULA."

"I think of spending a cloudy day sitting in an old garden with overgrown rose bushes, surrounded by a stone wall. As the heaviness of the clouds, the wall, and the decay of age starts to weigh on me, some beams of sunlight break through."

"This is what Marquis de Sade must have worn. It's pure evil."

Ian

Friday

Vincent 828
NOS P3-1970 Gillette Super Silver
Superdrug Pre-Shave Splash
Vulfix 404 Bodger
Boots Stick (milled into a bowl)
Alum Block
Witch Hazel (with menthol crystals added :shock: )
Boots Freshwood AB
Boots Freshwood AS

The Super silver is a blade not to be messed with, its sharp, very sharp (feather like) and smooth and takes no prisoners (got a few weepers), in fact if they were making blades like this now I would be stocking up on them, they're great :shave, almost a BBS until I found one little spot where I could feel a few bits of stubble rubbing my chin ATG, so its a DFS++, a really great shave today can't wait until I get my EJ87 to try this blades in, still I have other razors in which I will try this brilliant blade.

Have a nice and pleasant day Gents.

Tony

Friday

Futur (Thought I'd give mine a run again seeing as AJP has just got one)
Astra (1)
Palmolive shave cream *
Trumpers pure Badger travel brush
Coral
Cold water rinse mixed with Hugo Boss AS
Moisturiser

Good/DFS shave with a few red spots on neck.

*I purchased this palmolive shave cream for a friend I'm trying to get off the canned goo. It lathers well, I didn't think it was as good as the shave stick stick. Still the cream is only £1.29, still cheap.

NatJag said:
Friday
Futur (Thought I'd give mine a run again seeing as AJP has just got one)
quote]
Let me guess, you made me look like a right woofter by initially setting it on 5 with in on 6 for your ATG pass :lol:

I reckon my issues today were mainly not hydrating the Moos lather enough.

Friday

My water may not enable me to cope with MWF but it sure likes MdeC. Even the tiny T&H brush whipped up enough lather for another fine shave.

DSC_1995.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom