Not open for further replies.
Monday

Mühle R89
Feather (6)
Trumpers Coconut cream
Trumpers Super Badger travel brush
Coral
Moisturiser

I actually started with a straight, but deciding that it's not sharp enough and needs to be honed I continued with a normal DE shave. Just 2 passes (WTG, XTG, ATG on neck) plus touch ups. I have to say just as good as a 3 pass shave.

Monday
Maison Du Barbier SS/22mm finest badger TGN brush/BIG Wig with Elios #1/Clinique Cream
P1040960-1.jpg

Monday

Merkur 1904 OC
Red IP (3)
Omega 80056
Superdrug Pre-Shave splash
Tabac Soap
Alum Block
Nivea Sensitive AB
Brut AS

No shave Sunday so the Red IP had 2 days of growth to cut, it done it with no problem, probably helped by the 1904 which is a fantastic razor and a DFS+ was had, not quite a BBS with only a few small areas where stubble could be felt ATG. The Omega is starting to soften up and I should use it more as it was a Christmas present from SWMBO, all in all a really nice and smooth shave, I'm really liking the RED IP's.

Have a nice and pleasant day Gents.

Tony

Boab said:
I like the MWF bowl, where did you pick that up Fido?

Funnily enough - not through the internet. We have a place in Lyndhurst: "The Old Apothecary Shop" - they carry a few shaving products including MWF soap and ceramic bowl.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.oldapothecary.co.uk/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.oldapothecary.co.uk/index.html</a><!-- m -->

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.oldapothecary.co.uk/categories/gentlemen/shave_creams_and_soaps.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.oldapothecary.co.uk/categori ... _soaps.htm</a><!-- m -->

Monday

Ever Ready
Ted Pella
Vulfix Badboar 404
Prairie Creations w/ extract of sheep
Alum
Dickensons w/aloe
Prairie Creations GASB

Monday

EJ Chatsworth
Iridium (2)
Mühle Best
Nannyssilly Warm Spice
Alum
Brut Aquatonic AS
Nivea ASB

Better lather than before but actually think my problem is water dropping from the razor/my hand whilst actually shaving, into the mug resting in the sink (keeping it warm) - something for me to look out for in the future!
Really looking forward to trying the Futur at some point this week, assuming RM and the BFPO don't keep it too long :lol:

Monday

Merkur Futur
Feather blade
Kent BK4
Cyril Salter Indian Sandalwood cream
Alum block
L'Oreal Men Expert 24hr Hydrating AS Balm

Best shave ever from the Futur since I got it mid-December. I'd dialled it back to 2 when I put my first Feather blade in it a few weeks back, but tonight I turned it up to 3.5. It shaved off so much more with far fewer passes, meaning that the trouble-spots were dealt with in one pass, rather than repeated passes over localised areas. I'd go as far as saying that my face is 99.99% BBS, with no burn and no irritation.

Speick Shaving Soap Stick
Semogue 1305 Boar Brush
Henckels Friodur 7/8" Straight Razor
Acqua di Gio After Shave Splash
444 After Shave Balm
sdc11486.jpg
[/CENTER]

Star 1912 patent
Gem blade
Kent H8
Taylors Shaving Shop cream
Brut lotion

Cracking shave. Spent a few shaves getting used to the micromatic and I'm much better with it now but the 1912 just makes things so easy.

Monday evening.

Prep: Wash face with glycerin soap, lather face massage, hot towel.
Soap: Truffit & Hill Luxury.
Brush: Simpson Astor Super.
Razor: 13/16ths Bismarck.
AS: Thayers Witch Hazel followed by Proraso Balm & Splash.

Woot!!

Attachments

• Bismarck.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 39
Tuesday

EJ Chatsworth
Iridium (3)
Mühle Best
GFT Almond Cream
Alum
Faberge Addiction AS
Nivea ASB.

I had forgotten how easy it is to make this stuff lather! I could probably reduce the amount i use for my workday shaves (3 passes) as there is always some left over in bowl and in brush - and that's from an almond sized amount. I think i am going to have to place an order for some of Henks, to try it out too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom