Shave of the day Saturday 9th Sept - Friday 15th Sept 2017

Lucky Tiger Fash Wash
Edwin Jagger Pre Shave
Edwin Jagger DE89
Edwin Jagger Aloe Vera Shaving Cream
Astra SP (2)
Alum Stick (caught a mole)
Razor Rock Santa Maria Del Fiore

How long does a 100ml aftershave last you guys? I think I have gone through mine too quickly. I have not had it too long.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk
If you splashed on 5ml a day which is not that much, it should last you twenty days! Try putting it in a spray bottle and you will find it lasting longer. P.

Lucky Tiger Fash Wash
Edwin Jagger Pre Shave
Edwin Jagger DE89
Astra SP (2)

How long does a 100ml aftershave last you guys? I think I have gone through mine too quickly. I have not had it too long.

Depends on how often you use it and how much you use. How long is '[not] too long'?

Date: 10 September 2017 is nearly 6:15am in West of London

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - Envy Shave '8 Ball' 25/53mm Black Wolf Fan Knot
Lather: - Wilkinson Sword Shave Stick (european version grated into a plastic tub)
Razor: - Parker Variant Adjustable in Satin Chrome (WTG #5, XTG #3, ATG #2)
Blade: - Rapira Platinum Lux #3
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel 'Unscented' / Bulldog Original Aftershave Balm
Fragrance: - Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male EDT

12 more days to go here in west of London and I'll be heading back home to Sydney very soon, I believe Spring has started back home while Autumn is picking up here in UK and is cold this morning.

Last edited:
SOTD: 10th september 2017.
2.JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men~ Active Clean Shower Gel .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits~ Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Omega 10077.

Bowl Lather.

Soap : Derby Shave Stick. (Disk)

Blade: Treet Platinum . (2)

Razor: Wilkinson Sword ~ Classic .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Lemon+Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture. /Old Spice ~ BearGlove A/S .

Tesco ~ Sensitive Body Lotion.

Greetings,

A wonderful relaxing 3 pass + pick ups sunday shave with no errors to report.
The wilkinson sword classic is the perfect sunday shave razor, non aggressive smooth, but efficient.

Finishing the shave off with a some generous squirts of Old Spice BearGlove A/S... Another kindly passed on item from a work mate.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling like freshly cut watermelon.

Enjoy your Sunday, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

image.jpg ~SOTD~ 10th September Sunday

Prep....Shower ~ Olive Oil soap
Razor....Schick E2
Blade....Schick Proline
Soap....Speick Stick ( Tallow )
Brush....Boar unbranded 1950s
Post....BBA Post Shave Balm
Scent....Sublime Vanelle Creed copy oil.....Mr Perfume

A razor that needs your undivided attention and concentration or it has the habit of catching you off guard and giving you a bite. Today was no exception....three times but my dog has done worse and I've forgiven him. Apart from the blood letting on my neck and top lip it was a good close shave that left me smooth skinned and once I had applied the BBA PSB my skin felt a lot better. I put my sloppy shave down to just being tired and @mpf9ret putting a jinx on me yesterday! :)

Have a relaxing Sunday people.........:)

Sunday 10th SEptember

Groomed Facial Scrub
3P Preshave Cream
Fitjar Slatteroy Cream
Little Wren Bowl
Masteo Barber Brush 26mm in Finest
ES ClaymoreV2 on a Windrose Damascus Steel Handle
Proline -P Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Kiehl's Ultimate ASB
Krampert's Arcadian Spice Bay Rum

Not a lot to shave off after yesterday evening....but everything has most definately gone. 2 passes for a BBS shave :)

Enjoy the remainder of your weekend!

Sunday 10th SEptember

Groomed Facial Scrub
3P Preshave Cream
Fitjar Slatteroy Cream
Little Wren Bowl
Masteo Barber Brush 26mm in Finest
ES ClaymoreV2 on a Windrose Damascus Steel Handle
Proline -P Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Kiehl's Ultimate ASB
Krampert's Arcadian Spice Bay Rum

Not a lot to shave off after yesterday evening....but everything has most definately gone. 2 passes for a BBS shave :)

Enjoy the remainder of your weekend!
Hi, I am considering the Claymore, and wonder if it gives a comfortable, smooth shave. It certainly would be close with fewer passes. Regards.

Hi, I am considering the Claymore, and wonder if it gives a comfortable, smooth shave. It certainly would be close with fewer passes. Regards.

I bought the Claymore based on its price and the reviews. I went for the head only version as it lowered the cost ....and of course I can use my own handles. It is a good razor and shaves well! The Razorock Hawk is another option which is a good shaver...is probably more forgiving due to its lighter weight (aluminium).

Sunday's shave - first with the Blackland Sabre-SE :)

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Cold Tar Soap face wash.
Razor - Blackland Sabre-SE.
Blade - GEM PTFE (Day 1).
Soap - Wickham Soap Company 1912 Citrus Musk.
Bowl - Little Wren.
Brush - Simpsons Duke 2 Best Badger.
Post shave - Myrsol "Lemon" Aftershave Splash, followed by Ibiza Aloe - Aloe Vera Gel.

The Blackland Sabre did not dissapoint. Very easy to find the shave angle and to hold this consistantly, good audio feedback.

A great 3 pass shave (possibly did not need the third pass), no issues. BBS Smooth. Skin feels slightly tight, possible down to the first outing with the GEM?

Last edited:
Pre: Lots of cold water
Brush: EJ Medium PB
Soap: P&B Solaris
Razor: Rolls Razor Imperial No.2
Blade: Hollow Ground

IMG_20170910_002859.jpg

After the previous two, not unpleasant but not enjoyable shaves, I decided to up the ante and shave with a hollow ground blade on a stick.
Boy am I glad I did, 100% concentration and a steady hand, resulted in a one and a half pass blissful experience.
@Digimonkey, I was left smoother than a black ball potted by, a blindfolded Ronnie O''Sullivan at the Crucible.

IMG_0088.JPG

Sunday...another SEptember one (wrong forum, apologies)

Soap - Proraso Sandalwood
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Face lather
Razor - Schick Injector E3
Blade - Schick Injector (China)
Post - Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
After shave - Proraso Sandalwood

I gave my face a rest yesterday after the rough shave with the Feather AC on Friday. The E3 gave a lovely smooth shave and the Proraso Red really is a good soap. Plenty of thick protective lather for the Schick. 2 passes and a touch-up. Smooth as you like...

Last edited:
untitled%201%20of%201-32_zpsll68resf.jpg

Another side of Bali. Still using the Black Mamba, I Coloniali, Lea AS combo. Whipping it up with the RazoRock Bruce. Getting great shaves. Used a Polsilver for 5 or 6 shaves and it was still going strong.

Lucky Tiger Fash Wash
Edwin Jagger Pre Shave
Edwin Jagger DE89
Astra SP (2)

Get a few different ones and rotate them
It won't last any longer but you'll think it does, and as they say, it's the thought that counts. :D;)

Back
Top Bottom